Usage[edit | edit source]
Wooden Planks can be used to patch up any damage to the Ship's Hull, Masts, Capstan and Wheel with the
Primary Use Key. Ships mainly take damage from Crashing, Cannonball fire, Kraken or Megalodon attacks or Gunpowder Barrel explosions. The hull receives damages in holes that range from small to large depending on the severity of the damage. The larger the hole, the longer it takes to plank. In the case of the other ship elements, they all take from 1 to 4 points of damage, needing a single plank for every piece of damage. The Capstan can lose up to 3 of its pins depending on the size, allowing less people to raise the Anchor. The Wheel can sustain up to 4 pins of damage, lowering the turning speed. Finally, the Masts can sustain up to 3 cracks of damage, breaking completely and falling down if not repaired.
Where to find them[edit | edit source]
Every Ship starts out with an initial stock of 15 Wooden Planks stashed in the Ship's Wood Barrel. Additional Wooden Planks can be gathered from Barrels all over the world or beached on the shorelines of Islands. There are currently only one type of Wooden Plank in the game.
Storage[edit | edit source]
- Up to 5 Wooden Planks can be held in a player's inventory at one time.
- Up to 100 Wooden Planks can be stored in one Barrel space at one time. The Ship's Wood Barrel can carry up to 3 pages worth or 4800 Planks.
- Up to 20 Wooden Planks can be stored in one storage space of the Rowboat Chest, allowing for a maximum of 2 pages worth, or 640 Planks.
- As of the Anniversary Update, there is a rare chance to catch a Wooden Plank with a Fishing Rod when no Bait is used.
In-Game Description[edit | edit source]
Some trees were harmed in the making of these wooden planks.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Not only can you fix the damage of Enemy Ships, you can also fix the holes of Skeleton Ships.
- While it is possible to Plank any holes in an already sunk or Scuttled ship, the holes will immediately blow open again.
- Repairing damage with a Plank will not make a sound after the initial hammering when the
Secondary UseButton is pressed right after the