The Pirate Code
The Pirate Code is a list of guidelines put together by Rare Ltd. to help keep the Sea of Thieves free of strife and grievance (beyond that stirred up in the course of a pirate's everyday activities). It has an emphasis on the bond between crew members and includes some basic moral codes.
The Pirate Code[edit | edit source]
Article #1: The Sea Calls to Us All
- Everyone is welcome on the Sea of Thieves regardless of age, gender, race, sexuality, nationality or creed.
Article #2: The Sea Unites Us as One Community
- Outside the heat of battle or piracy on the high seas, all crews shall bond together as a community of like-minded souls.
Article #3: Disputes Are Settled upon the Waves
- None shall quarrel or overly dissent against another crew, but let every engagement be settled by sword, pistol and good seamanship.
Article #4: All Crewmates are Equal
- Let each crewmate be respected as equal and free to follow their own bearing, speak openly and vote in affairs of the voyage.
Article #5: The Crew Bond is Sacred
- Those who betray their crew and ship through griefing or trolling shall be sent to the brig.
Article #6: Respect New Pirates and Their Voyage Ahead
- May the old legends help to forge new ones: treat new pirates with respect and share your knowledge.
Article #7: Those Who Cheat Shall Be Punished
- Pirates who show bad form and cheat their crew or others shall surely face bitter hardships and punishments.
Origins of the Pirate Code[edit | edit source]
Introduced at New York Comic Con 2017 by Joe Neate, the Pirate Code is a combined effort of created by Rare Ltd. and the Insiders to express their hopes of how players would treat one another.