The Mutinous Helmsman
|The Mutinous Helmsman|
Locations[edit | edit source]
As one of the three Skeleton Lords tasked with protecting Skeleton Forts (along with The Two-Faced Scoundrel and The Duchess), The Mutinous Helmsman has a chance to appear as the final boss of an active Skeleton Fort World Event. To encounter these foes, players will have to locate an active Skeleton Fort (designated by a completely red Skull shaped Cloud) and defeat all the 15 waves of Skeletons and Skeleton Captains to summon one of the three Skeleton Lords. The three Lords are identical in all but appearance.
The Mutinous Helmsman can appear as a boss encounter for various Mercenary Voyages. The encounter is added as an extra challenge that will reward Crews with extra Treasure. If the whole Crew dies at this encounter, the Skeleton Lord will disappear with its Treasure.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Like the other Fort Skeleton Lords, The Mutinous Helmsman acts as a boss fight with a notable amount of Health and a range of various Skeleton Lord abilities at his disposal:
- He can switch between the Pistol, Blunderbuss and Cutlass depending on the player's range.
- He has a high-damage shockwave attack that sends all nearby players backwards into the air and dealing increasing damage depending on your proximity to the boss. This attack may cause additional fall damage.
- He can Summon additional Skeletons.
- He can consume a potion and turn invisible, appearing at a different location to defend himself from being surrounded.
- He can eat a Banana when low on Health. The amount of health regenerated (if any) is currently unknown. It may be that the purpose of this action is to indicate that the Boss is nearing death.
Notes and Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Skeleton Fort Skeleton Lords do not have scaling health.
- Gunpowder Barrels are an effective tool to deal large amounts of damage to the boss at once. It takes about 15 Kegs to kill an Ashen Fort Skeleton Lord from full health.
- A good strategy would be to lure him in range of the ship's Cannons to kill the Lord faster, however the Lord may teleport away.
- Firebombs are also effective at dealing damage over time to the Skeleton Lord.