Stronghold Gunpowder Barrel
|Stronghold Gunpowder Barrel|
Where to Find
Like most Gunpowder Barrels, the Stronghold Gunpowder Barrel can be found:
- During Merchant Alliance voyages.
- Random chance to spawn in Shipwrecks, Fortress Vaults.
- In the Fort of the Damned Vault after its completion.
- Chance to be uncovered from a Skeleton’s Orders Treasure Map.
- The Reward shown is an estimate of minimum and max value when sold.
- Stronghold Gunpowder Barrels are carried by some Skeletons during an Athena's Fortune Voyage and the Fort of the Damned (Raid)
- Each defeated Skeleton Fort event spawns a single Stronghold Keg in the Fortress Vault.
- Stronghold Gunpowder Barrels are 3x more effective than regular Gunpowder Barrels, dealing damage in a considerably larger radius of the Ship.
- Stronghold Gunpowder Barrels are counted as Gunpowder Barrels, meaning that you can turn in a Stronghold Barrel in to a Gunpowder Barrel Trade Good Commission. However, this does not affect the reward, making it more effective to turn in a regular barrel for the Commission instead.
- Ship collision will not detonate the barrel while carried in hand, however sailing into one even slowly will cause the barrel to detonate.
- Stronghold Gunpowder Barrels can be grabbed with a Harpoon, even from the hands of Pirates or Skeletons.
- When a Player is holding a Gunpowder Barrel, only Skeletons with hands or Cutlasses with weapons can set off the keg. Shots from Weapons or Cannons will not detonate a held Keg.
- Blowing up a Stronghold Gunpowder Barrel in your hand on a Ship will count as a Cannonball hit, meaning that a player can destroy a Skeleton Ship with a Keg and it will count as a kill.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Primary Use of a barrel in hand will light a 6s fuse to detonate, but can be cancelled by
Secondary Use. The barrel can be picked up while it is cooking.
The Stronghold Gunpowder Barrel will immediately detonate if shot, struck, caught in an explosion, or upon contact with the outside of a ship hull. The explosion will damage all nearby pirates and Creatures (based on distance) within 9 paces of the detonating barrel, and sink any Ship within the explosion distance.