Features[edit | edit source]
Unlike the other Resource Crates that can fit 50 of a certain type of supply to be sold to the Merchant Alliance, Storage Crates can carry every single type of Resource Item in the game, however they cannot be sold, nor be acquired as part of Trade Good Commissions. As of the Legends of the Sea (Content Update), Storage Crates beached on Islands spawn with a handful of Resources.
Where to Find Them[edit | edit source]
Storage[edit | edit source]
They are very similar to Resource Crates in that they can be used to easily transport and carry Resources:
- A single Storage Crate has 16 inventory spaces.
- A single inventory space can fit up to a 100 of a single Resource Item.
- This makes the total Storage capacity of a Storage Crate 1600 Resource Items.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- These Crates can virtually be used as portable Barrels, making gathering supplies from Islands much easier.
- When Fishing, these Crates can be used as Tackle Boxes to hold all of the Crew's Bait so that they don't have to fetch them from the Ship's Barrels.
- Clever players who can hold down a crew of a Ship for longer periods of times can use a Ship's Storage Crate to load it up with all of the Ship's Supplies and throw it overboard.
- On the flip sides, Players can save their Supplies from sinking with the Ship by loading them on to the Crates.
- Friendly and helpful players who have a Storage Crate with them can leave all of their Ship's Resources behind on an Outpost after finishing their session for other Crews to collect.
- Storage Crates can also be taken down into Shipwrecks to get everything from the Barrels in one go.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Storage Crates were added to Sea of Thieves with the Smuggler’s Fortune update.
- Initially, Storage Crates could only be filled up to 12 slots with 99 items per slot, however this was silently fixed with the Fort of the Damned (Content Update) 2.0.8 Patch.