Story[edit | edit source]
Skeleton Lords are cursed individuals who were formerly human pirates, but for one reason or another became cursed, transforming into their Skeleton Lord forms. Unlike other Skeletons, Skeleton Lords retain most of their memories, their human conscience, and have more autonomous and unique purposes. They can be seen as commanders of lesser Skeletons, innately possessing mastery over them as well as the knowledge of Skeleton Glyphs.
Types of Skeleton Lords[edit | edit source]
Some Skeleton Lords are fought during Boss Encounters, such as in Tall Tales and Raids. Skeleton Lords all have a large health pool (varying depending on Crew size for Tall Tales) and a possess high-damage abilities. They can equip either a Cutlass, Pistol, or Blunderbuss, create a large damaging shockwave that pushes any Pirates back in the air, summon additional Skeletons to aid them, Teleport when surrounded or eat Fruit when low on health.
Boss Encounters[edit | edit source]
Tall Tales Boss Encounters[edit | edit source]
The following Skeleton Lords can be fought against during Tall Tales. They share their moveset with slight visual differences. The health of these Lords is dependent on the Crew size or number of people attempting to fight them.
- Captain Briggsy: Encountered during The Cursed Rogue Tall Tale. Briggsy was a legendary pirate that sought the Shores of Gold. After finding the island, she became trapped, slowly falling under the skeleton curse. She became infamous across the Sea of Thieves for being a Skeleton Lord, and desperately searched for a cure to the curse.
- Graymarrow: Encountered during Revenge of the Morningstar Tall Tale. Graymarrow is a ruthless Skeleton Lord that sought the Shores of Gold, with the power to bind his enemies souls to ensure they cannot return via the Ferry of the Damned. After stealing a Shroudbreaker Stone from the crew of the Morningstar, he laid in hibernation, waiting for clues of the Shroudbreaker to appear.
- The Gold Hoarder: Encountered during the Shores of Gold (Quest). The pirate known as Rathbone, who was consumed by greed, unwittingly cursed from sitting on an ancient golden throne in a strange cave within the Sea Of Thieves. The Gold Hoarder is a fearsome Skeleton Lord, founder of the Gold Hoarders Trading Company, on an endless quest for plunder, replacing parts of his decaying body with the gold from the Treasures he collects.
Fort of the Damned[edit | edit source]
The Fort of the Damned Raid Encounter has the Ghost of Graymarrow as a boss. The Ghost, while silent, shares most of its moves with the live Captain Graymarrow from the Tall Tale. He always has the same amount of health. Ghost of Graymarrow drops a Fort of the Damned Key, which opens the Fort Vault hiding various high-value Treasures.
Skeleton Fort Encounters[edit | edit source]
The Skeleton Fort World Event can spawn one of three Skeleton Lords as the final boss. These Lords have the same moveset at the Tall Tale Skeleton Lords, but different animations. Their health does not scale like the Tall Tale Lords and they are also considerably weaker than the Ghost of Graymarrow. They drop a Stronghold Skull, Skeleton's Orders leading to a Rag and Bone Crate and the Stronghold Key opening the locked Fort Vault.
- The Mutinous Helmsman - A Lord with a Wheel tied to its back
- The Two-Faced Scoundrel - A Lord with two heads
- The Duchess - A Lord with lady-like clothing
Ashen Lords Encounters[edit | edit source]
The Ashen Winds World Event can spawn one of the four Ashen Lords loyal to Captain Flameheart. These Lords have roughly the same amount of health as the Ghost of Graymarrow. They have an unique Fire and Ash themed moveset and are much more talkative than other Skeleton Lords. The fight has three phases, each giving the Lords access to more powerful attacks. The lords drop an Ashen Winds Skull that can be used as a Flamethrower type Weapon, or sold. The fight also rewards Players with roughly 15 Devil's Roar Treasure Items.
- Old Horatio - Flameheart's Shipwright and fleet recruiter.
- Warden Chi - Flameheart's Prison Warden and executioner.
- Captain Grimm - The Architect of Flameheart's Lairs and the Fortress Islands.
- Red Ruth - Flameheart's Alchemist and Weaponsmith.
Other Skeleton Lords[edit | edit source]
- Captain Flameheart - A mysterious Skeleton Lord, once a scholar who sought adventure, drank from a cursed goblet that turned him and his crew into skeletons. His ghostly apparition can be encountered in The Seabound Soul Tall Tale and the Ghost Fleet World Event.
- Captain Warsmith - Formerly Wanda the Weaponsmith and shopkeeper at Golden Sands Outpost; She became cursed from experimenting on a cannon from Flameheart's ship, the Burning Blade, creating Cursed Cannonballs in the process. She disliked business with pirates, and resented the Outposts for rejecting her Cursed Cannonballs. As Captain Warsmith, she captained the Sandman's Revenge during Cursed Sails.