A ship sitting at a dock.
Ships are the primary Sea of Thieves vessels players use to travel the sea, locate objectives, and battle other players and enemies.
If you go into my crew you can Scuttle your ship.
- The Sloop is a small ship suited to solo or two-pirate crews. It is more maneuverable and easier to operate. Its Anchor takes less time and manpower to raise, and its Helm (wheel) makes fewer revolutions.
- The Brig is a medium ship for up to 3 crew members. The ship isn't out yet, but it is confirmed in the E3 2018 trailer and in the Tales from the Tavern Podcast.
- The Galleon is a large ship that can accommodate up to 4 crew members. It generally requires teamwork to operate efficiently, makes slower turns, and takes more manpower to raise Anchor — but is better-armed and much more difficult to sink than a Sloop.
* Each Sail set consists of one mast of sails, with 2 length rigs and 2 angle rigs each (one each mounted on the port and starboard, ie. left and right sides of the ship). See Sails for details.
** Cannonball stock is split up between the barrels initially (20 per barrel on a Sloop and 15 per barrel on a Galleon).
- Ammo Chest: Refills all of a player's firearm ammo.
- Anchor: Stops the ship when lowered. Raising takes time and manpower.
- Armory: Swaps a player's equipped Weapons.
- Barrels: Holds respective consumable items (Bananas, Wooden Planks, Cannonballs), up to 100 per Barrel.
- Bell: Environment item that can be rung.
- Brig: A jail cell where a player can be locked in or released via crew vote.
- Clothing Chest: Swaps a player's equipped Clothing.
- Crow's Nest: A lookout tower at the top of the main mast, accessible via ladder.
- Equipment Chest: Swaps a player's equipped Equipment.
- Helm: A wheel that steers the ship. A golden handle marks the neutral position, along with an audible 'thunk.'
- Map Table: An interactive map of the Sea of Thieves ocean, used for navigation.
- Sails: Uses wind to move the ship, can be adjusted in length and angle to control speed.
- Cannons: A Ship's mounted weapons, fires cannonballs and players.