Where to Find
The Reaper’s Chest can be found:
- Random chance to spawn in Shipwrecks.
- The presence of a Reaper's Chest on a map is marked in two ways.
- First, the location of an untouched Reaper's Chest inside a Shipwreck is indicated by a red and green swirling plume of light pillaring into the sky. This light pillar can be seen from anywhere on The Sea of Thieves. The light beam will disappear as soon as the Reaper's Chest is picked up.
- Second, every Reaper's Chest's location is shown on a Map Table, indicated by a red skull circle. This mark will be shown on the map at all times until the chest is turned in.
The Unique Pirate Chat dialogue option for the Reaper’s Chest is: "This is cursed! Others will be coming..."
Related Commendations and Titles[edit | edit source]
There are currently three Commendations and one Title related to Reaper's Chests:
- Cursed Cargo → Sell a Reaper's Chest to Duke.
- Reaping Rewards → Sell 3 Reaper's Chests to Duke.
- Risking It All → Sell 5 Reaper's Chests to Duke.
Death Defier Title - Sell 5 Reaper's Chests to Duke (Risking It All Commendation).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Chest is emblazoned with the Reaper’s Mark
- There have to be at least 3 crews in a server for one to have a chance to spawn.
- Reaper's Chests spawn every hour after the Server start time. This is a good indicator of global Barrels respawns as well that replenish their contents every 30 minutes after Server Start.
- Up to 5 Reaper's Chests have been spotted to spawn at the same time.
- An open Reaper's Chest can be found on Uncharted Island (I-12).
- It is possible to find more than one Reaper's Chest in a single Shipwreck.
- The Blackwater Buccaneers currently have the largest number of verifiable Reapers Chests gathered on a server at a single point of time, 12.