Player Alliance is a mechanic in Sea of Thieves that allows multiple ships to work together and share their loot.
Establishment[edit | edit source]
To form an Alliance, a ship must first raise the "Offer Alliance" pennant Flag in the Flag Box. This flag can be recognized by its triangular shape and white and red colour scheme. Only one ship needs to sail the "Offer Alliance" Pennant. After this, any ship in the vicinity of the Alliance Pennant can create an Alliance at their Flag Box. The game will assign a name and flag to the Alliance and players from both ships will see a banner on their screens notifying them that an Alliance has been created, or that a new ship has joined the existing alliance. There is also an option in the flag box to leave the Alliance.
Features[edit | edit source]
- Currently, due to server size, up to five ships can be part of a single Alliance.
- When a crew sells treasure or earns gold in any way, that crew will get 100% of their rewards, while other crews in the Alliance will each receive 50% of the gold value.
- Ships in an alliance are visible to each other on their Map Table.
- Alliance members can place voyages on the voting table for other ships in their alliance.
- Alliance members can also solve Riddle Maps and dig up the treasure on a Treasure Map for other crews in the Alliance.
- When you form an Alliance with another Crew, the allied crews’ nameplates will become Purple to help identify those in your Alliance.
- Alliance crews can still kill, sink and steal from each other.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
You can join in an alliance with a ship that's already sunk. Essentially, if the Alliance pennant is still visible above the water and you are in range to join the alliance, you can do it!
Alliance Pennant Colours & Names[edit | edit source]
- White with Red Heart - Offer Alliance
- Blue - The Resolute Scallywags
- Black - The Terrifying Powder Monkeys
- Brown - The Fearless Soap Dodgers
- Green - The Spirited Landlubbers
- Yellow - The Undefeated Grog-Swiggers
- Grey - The Unstoppable Skinflints
- Purple - The Renowned Scoundrels
Commendations[edit | edit source]
Various Commendations are tied to accomplishments achieved in Player Alliances:
Festival of the Damned
- Alliance of the Damned -> Be in an alliance with all ship lanterns ignited in the same colour.
- Fleet Cargo Runner -> Deliver 3 pieces of cargo on time and in prime condition (while in an alliance)
The Cursed Crews
- United Scourge of Skeleton Ships -> Defeat 25 Skeleton Ships whilst in an Alliance.
- United Against the Damned -> Defeat 25 Ghost Ships whilst in an Alliance.
- United Against the Flame -> Defeat the Burning Blade whilst in an Alliance.