Player Alliance is a mechanic in Sea of Thieves designed to allow two or more ships to work in concert together.
Summary[edit | edit source]
In Sea of Thieves, players can form Player Alliances. To do this, first one of the ships involved needs to raise the "Create Alliance" pennant on the second tab of the flag interface in the flag box. The other ship can then join by raising the "Join Alliance" flag. The game servers will assign a name and flag to the alliance and players from both ships will see a banner on their screens notifying them that an alliance has been created, or that a new ship has joined the existing alliance. There is also an option in the flag box to leave your alliance.
Features of an Alliance[edit | edit source]
- Though every member of your crew will still receive 100% of the gold for items turned in the the Order of Souls, Gold Hoarders and the Merchant Alliance, every player in your alliance that is not in your crew will also receive 50% gold for everything your crew turns in.
- Members of an alliance can place voyages on the voting table for other ships in their alliance.
- Ships in an alliance are visible to each other on their maps. Enemy players with access to the ship's map of one of the alliance ships can use this feature to find other ships in the alliance.
- Nameplates of players do not change, meaning there is no distinction between an 'enemy player' and a player that is part of the alliance by their names.
- Damage is unaffected, meaning that nothing stops members of an alliance from killing or sinking each other.
Tips and Tricks[edit | edit source]
- Don't "turn your back" on your alliance. You may be trustworthy, but there is nothing in the game preventing you from being betrayed.
- Turn in for rewards frequently while with random crew members or in an alliance for two reasons:
- It's safer. The more treasure you carry, the more you can lose. When you are allied with unknown people, you are on their map and you don't know what their threshold for betrayal could be.
- It's polite. You may be in for the 4 hour, long haul, but there is a good chance they are not. Turning in frequently let's them collect for the parts on which they helped.
- If ships in your alliance betray, kill and/ or sink you, think twice before you rage-quit the alliance: check your map. If they stay in your alliance, you'll know if they are hunting you, you can hunt them if you want to try and you'll share loot when they turn in. They may break the alliance, but if they don't there is no reason for you to immediately either.
- Take a look at the Bilge Rate Adventures and your location. There are a number of commendations that can only be completed while in an alliance. If you happen to be nearby one of the locations of one of those, it can be worth it to take a few minutes with your new 'friends' to get some doubloons!
Alliance Pennant Colors[edit | edit source]
- The Renowned Scoundrels Alliance - Purple
- The Unstoppable Skinflints Alliance - Grey
- The Spirited Landlubbers Alliance - Green
- The Fearless Soap-Dodgers Alliance - Red
Alliance Commendations[edit | edit source]
|Big Skeletal Thrones*||People from 2 crews sit in large hidden thrones||Master of Thrones||Doubloons no longer available|
|Gunpowder Plot*||5 skeletons killed in 1 blast, at a fort with another crew, 1 time||Part of 'Master Skeleton Exploder' title||Doubloons no longer available|
|Legendary Gunpowder Plot*||5 skeletons killed in 1 blast, at a fort with another crew, 20 times||Part of 'Legendary Skeleton Exploder' title||Doubloons no longer available|
|United Scourge of Skeleton Ships||Defeat 25 Skeleton ships while in an alliance|
|Fleet Protectors of the Shores of Plenty||Win the Shores of Plenty battle in alliance all flying the Shores of Plenty sails||No longer available|
|Fleet Protectors of the Wilds||Win the Wilds battle in alliance all flying the Wilds sails||No longer available|
|Fleet Protectors of the Ancient Isles||Win the Ancient Isles battle in alliance all flying the Ancient Isles sails||No longer available|
|The Cursed Crews||Complete 1 voyage with the Reapers Mark up while in an alliance|
|Alliance of the Damned||Be in an alliance with all lanterns set to same colors|
*Alliance not required for these, but it is very helpful.