The Plant Skeleton is a variant of skeleton found in the Sea of Thieves. They do not spawn regularly on islands and can only be found as part of Order of Souls bounty voyages, in waves on a skull fort or on the deck of a skeleton ship. They are similar to regular skeletons, but they heal rapidly in water.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Plant Skeletons spawn in waves as part of an assault on a skull fort or during Order of Souls bounty voyages. They have the same stats, or possibly even fewer hit points, as a regular skeleton, but they heal rapidly when exposed to water. Many free-roaming skeleton ships have Plant Skeletons on their middle and lower decks. Like all other variants of skeleton, they can spawn with a cutlass, bare hands, a pistol, an Eye of Reach or a blunderbuss, and they can eat bananas to recover their health.
Tips and Tricks[edit | edit source]
- Community reports seem to imply that Plant Skeletons take more damage from cutlasses and/ or that they have fewer hitpoints than regular skeletons.
- They heal rapidly while standing in water or rain, so fighting them away from these sources is best, but they can still be quickly defeated with concentrated effort while healing.
- As is true with the other skeleton types, the Gunpowder Barrel or a well positioned ship with Cannons to fire on them can be very effective at speeding up a fight with Plant Skeletons.
- Plant Skeletons are the easiest of the alternate varieties of skeleton and should not be feared.
Commendations[edit | edit source]
Note: There are multiple other commendations which these skeletons can contribute to, for which it does not matter that they are Plant Skeletons. For example: As Plant Skeletons can spawn with gunpowder barrels on Skull Forts, they can contribute toward the Chain Reaction and Gunpowder Plot commendations. Also, the Flame of Cursed Bones commendation can be completed by dying to one of these and fetching the flame from the Ferry of the Damned. Likewise, these can be killed while under the influence of green-colored Cursed Cannonballs to get the commendations related to doing that.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Plant Skeleton is sometimes called the "Green Skeleton," the "Overgrown Skeleton," or the "Floral Skeleton."
- Some other names for these Skeletons are "Leafy bois", "Salad bois", "Salads", "Vegans" and other variants on plant based humour.