Order of Souls
|Order Of Souls|
|— Order of Souls motto|
The Order of Souls are one of the major Trading Companies in Sea of Thieves. Formed by conjurers and seers, they have found a way to recapture the memories from the Skulls of Cursed Former Pirates. With this knowledge and power, the Order have set up a purple tent on every Outpost with a Madame who sends Player Crews on Bounty Voyages to reclaim these cursed Bounty Skulls. The Order will accept any Bounty Skulls for Gold and Reputation with the Company. Player Pirates can climb up to 75 Reputation Ranks with the Order of Souls by performing various deeds for them.
Lore[edit | edit source]
The Order was founded as an organization dedicated to the study of evil, reading the minds of the dead in hope of learning it's secrets. Despite this, there are some who claim nothing has been found as of today. Members of the Order of Souls are adept at magic, and may read the minds of living and dead alike. The process require only the skull of those whose minds they wish to read, and so they purchase skulls gathered from venturing pirates. They see their mission as revered, and do not accept adventurers who only gather skulls for the joy of killing. Despite this, they often feel forced to hire adventurers to gather the skeletons of the dead, mostly because the Order is very few in numbers. 
NPCs[edit | edit source]
The following is a list of all the Order of Souls Representatives at each Outpost:
- Madame Olwen - stationed at Ancient Spire Outpost
- Madame Olivia - stationed at Plunder Outpost
- Madame Oprah - stationed at Dagger Tooth Outpost
- Madame Oksana - stationed at Galleon's Grave Outpost
- Madame Olive - stationed at Sanctuary Outpost
- Madame Olga - stationed at Golden Sands Outpost
- Madame Oya - stationed at Morrow's Peak Outpost
Offered Services[edit | edit source]
The following services are offered by the Order of Souls Madames at every Outpost:
- Accepting Cursed Bounty Skulls or Mermaid Gems for Gold, Reputation and Emissary Value (if an Order of Souls Emissary Flag is raised).
- Selling Bounty Voyages
- Selling Order of Souls Promotions
- Selling the Order of Souls Emissary Flag (at Rank 15)
- Providing an Order of Souls Emissary Table.
- Offering the Order of Souls Emissary Quest to any Emissary Grade V Order of Souls Representatives.
- Selling Order of Souls themed Cosmetics for Promotions:
Voyages[edit | edit source]
Order of Souls Representatives provide Player Crews with Bounty Voyages of increasing difficulty and value. These Voyages are collections of Bounty Map Quests, which lead players on a bounty hunt for waves of Skeletons guarding a Skeleton Captain. The Cursed Bounty Skulls of the Captains can be taken aboard and delivered back to the Order for Gold and Reputation with the Company. The Cost and Difficulty of these Voyages increases with any purchased Order of Souls Promotions. Players can have up to 3 Bounty Voyages in their Voyage Inventory at one time and put them up for a vote at the Voyage Table. The Voyages are counted complete as soon as all of the Maps are solved.
Players can also buy Ashen versions of Bounty Voyages from the Representatives at Morrow's Peak Outpost. These Voyages take players on islands throughout The Devil's Roar, where defeated Captains leave behind the higher value Ashen Bounty Skulls.
Reputation[edit | edit source]
Reputation is used to progress through the Promotions of the Order of Souls. It is acquired by selling Bounty Skulls.
Reputation, Promotions & Rewards[edit | edit source]
Reputation[edit | edit source]
Order of Souls Reputation is used to level up and earn higher Promotion Ranks with the Trading Company. Order of Souls Reputation is earned every time a relevant Treasure Item is sold to the Madames in their tents at Outposts (Crew-wide). Each Treasure item is worth a set amount of Reputation, which is separate from the item's Gold or Emissary Value. Players can also earn Reputation with the Order by completing Commendations for the Company (Individual) or lowering a higher than Emissary Grade II Order of Souls Emissary Flag at the Order of Souls Emissary Table (Crew-wide). Crews representing the Order as an Emissary will get increased Reputation gains with each Emissary Grade. The Order of Souls has 75 Reputation levels in total.
Promotions[edit | edit source]
The following is a table of all the Order of Souls Promotions and the Items that are unlocked for purchase after achieving them:
|Rank||Promotion Name||Cost||Item Unlocked||Cost||Voyage Cost|
|5||Mystic Follower||Lowly Souls Tankard|
|10||Mystic Associate||Measly Souls Lantern|
|20||Mystic Acolyte||Notable Souls Lantern|
|25||Mystic Mercenary||Famed Souls Tankard|
|30||Mystic Hunter||Renowned Souls Lantern|
|35||Mystic Chief||Revered Souls Tankard|
|40||Mystic Captain||Esteemed Souls Lantern|
|45||Mystic Grandee||Legendary Souls Tankard|
|50||Master of the Order||Notorious Souls Lantern|
|55||Enchanter of the Order||Order of Souls Capstan|
|60||Conjurer of the Order||Order of Souls Cannons|
|65||Seer of the Order||Order of Souls Wheel|
|70||Sage of the Order||
|75||Magus of the Order||
Order of Souls Emissaries[edit | edit source]
Any players wishing to represent the Order of Souls on the open seas can do so by becoming an Order of Souls Emissary. To hoist an Order of Souls Emissary Flag, Players must first purchase it from any Company Representative for 20000 Gold once they have achieved the level 15 Rank of Mystic Apprentice. Player Crews can vote to raise a Company Emissary Flag at the Company's Emissary Table. Order of Souls Emissary Tables can be found inside every Order of Souls tent at Outposts. Once voted upon, the Crew's Ship will receive two Company themed Flags on their Ships to designate their Emissary status: a big Flag on the back of the ship and a Pennant on top of the Crow's Nest. These Flags will signify the Emissary Ship's current Emissary Grade and will change as the Crew progresses through these Grades. Order of Souls Emissary Flags are Purple and Green and will play a distinct tune when viewed from a Spyglass by other Crews. When an Emissary Ship sinks or is scuttled, the Emissary Flag will be lost along with any earned Grade progress. The Broken Emissary Flags that float up from the sunk ship can be sold to The Servant of the Flame at The Reaper's Hideout. When Crews vote to lower their own Emissary Flag, they earn large sums of Gold and Reputation with the Emissary Company (only after Grade 2).
Emissary Grades[edit | edit source]
Every Order of Souls Emissary will start out at Emissary Grade I and be able to progress up to Grade V. These Grades are displayed on the Ship's Emissary Flags. Players can also check their Emissary Grade progress by using the Equipment Radial Menu or opening up their Reputation tab at the Pirate Menu.
When reaching Grade V, Order of Souls Emissaries are eligible to claim a special Order of Souls Emissary Quest from any of the Order Representatives.
With each Emissary Grade, players will receive greater Rewards, Order of Souls Reputation and Emissary Value for any sold Bounty Skulls or Mermaid Gems. Note that Players do not get Emissary Grade Reputation from selling Items to the company. The following is a chart of the reward and value multiplier of Emissary Grades:
|Emissary Grade||Sell & Reputation Rewards||Emissary Value Reward|
|Grade 1||Base Reward||Base Emissary Value|
|Grade 2||+33% Base Reward||+20% Emissary Value|
|Grade 3||+67% Base Reward||+40% Emissary Value|
|Grade 4||+100% Base Reward||+60% Emissary Value|
|Grade 5||+150% Base Reward||+100% Emissary Value|
Emissary Reputation[edit | edit source]
- Defeating Skeleton Captains (including Emergent Skeleton Captains, Skeleton Lords and Skeleton Fort Boss wave Captains)
- Completing Bounty Maps
- Picking up any Bounty Skulls or Mermaid Gems for the first time (reset after another Crew claims the Treasure by picking it up)
- Putting Skulls or Gems on your Ship (note that items inside Collector's Chests need to be taken out and put on the deck individually)
- Completing Skeleton Forts, Skeleton Fleets & Fort of the Damned Raids
- Defeating Megalodon and Kraken
- Sinking Emergent Skeleton Ships
- Sinking rivaling Reaper's Bones Emissary Ships
Things that do not give Emissary Grade Reputation for Order of Souls:
- Selling Treasure
- Completing or progressing through Bounty Maps in Athena's Fortune Voyages or Mercenary Voyages
- Sinking Skeleton Ships that are a part of a Skeleton Fleet (only defeating the Fleet counts)
- Picking up or putting Collector's Chests on your Ship
- Killing Reaper's Bones Emissary Crew members
- Killing or Sinking any other Trading Company Emissary Ships or Crew members
- Progressing through Skeleton's Orders Quests
Emissary Quest[edit | edit source]
Once Crews have reached Emissary Grade V when sailing as an Order of Souls Emissary, they will be eligible for an Order of Souls Emissary Quest. Only one Quest can be claimed per Crew per Emissary Run. This means that if players want to receive more Emissary Quests, they will have to reset their Emissary progress and work their way back up to Grade V again.
The Order of Souls Emissary Quest gives all Players of the Crew four Bounty Maps with 4 Skeleton Captains each dropping Villainous Bounty Skulls. Players can easily work their way back up to Emissary Grade V with the Quest alone if they decide to turn in their previous Grade V flag to the Company and start over from Grade I. Once back at Grade V, the crews can claim another Emissary Quest and repeat the process.
Emissary Value & Ledger[edit | edit source]
Order of Souls Emissary Value is earned every time a Crew sells a Treasure item to any Order Representatives while flying an Order of Souls Emissary Flag. Each Bounty Skull and Mermaid Gem has a set base Emissary Value. Crews get increased Emissary Value the higher the Grade of their Emissary Flag. When selling Treasure as a Grade V Emissary, the Emissary Value is doubled (see above chart for the multipliers). Emissary Value acts as a Player Pirate's individual scoreboard with a Trading Company.
A player's Emissary Value is counted in their Emissary Ledger, which divides all of the Company's Emissaries into four Ranks based on their total Emissary Value. Each Emissary Rank accounts for a percentage of the Company's total Emissary Value holders. A single Emissary Ledger scoreboard remains active for one month, after which it will be closed and reset. At the close of a Ledger, every Player Pirate to place in the first or second top tier will be rewarded with exclusive Company Sails.
The Order of Souls Emissary Ranks are as follows:
- Tier 4 (top 25%) - Grandee | Rewards the Order of Souls Grandee Sails at the close of a Ledger
- Tier 3 (top 50-25%) - Chief | Rewards the Order of Souls Chief Sails at the close of a Ledger
- Tier 2 (bottom 25-50%) - Mercenary
- Tier 1 (bottom 25%) - Apprentice
Commendations[edit | edit source]
- Voyager of Lost Souls → Complete 250 Order of Souls voyages
- Mercenary of the Ancient Order → Earn 150,000 gold with the Order of Souls voyages
- Sailor of the Whispering Bones → Sail 1,000 nautical miles on Order of Souls voyages
- Seeker of Lost Souls → Purchase 250 Bounty voyages
- Hunter of Foul Skulls → Deliver 90 Foul skulls to the Order of Souls
- Hunter of Disgraced Skulls → Deliver 180 Disgraced skulls to the Order of Souls
- Hunter of Hateful Skulls → Deliver 270 Hateful skulls to the Order of Souls
- Hunter of Villainous Skulls → Deliver 360 Villainous skulls to the Order of Souls
- Hunter of Cursed Crews → Defeat 180 Skeleton Crews
- Hunter of Cursed Captains → Defeat 1000 Skeleton Captains
- Raider of Cursed Strongholds → Clear 120 Skeleton Forts
- Hunter of Fort Skulls → Deliver 60 Skeleton Fort Skulls to the Order of Souls
- Emissary of Souls → Become an Emissary for the Order of Souls.
- Worthy Emissary of Souls → Reach Order of Souls Emissary Grade 2, 100 times.
- Grade I - 1 times
- Grade II - 25 times
- Grade III - 50 times
- Grade IV - 75 times
- Grade V - 100 times
- Dedicated Emissary of Souls → Reach Order of Souls Emissary grade 3, 80 times.
- Grade I - 1 times
- Grade II - 20 times
- Grade III - 40 times
- Grade IV - 60 times
- Grade V - 80 times
- Esteemed Emissary of Souls → Reach Order of Souls Emissary grade 4, 40 times.
- Grade I - 1 times
- Grade II - 10 times
- Grade III - 20 times
- Grade IV - 30 times
- Grade V - 40 times
- Unrivalled Emissary of Souls → Reach Order of Souls Emissary grade 5, 20 times.
- Grade I - 1 times
- Grade II - 5 times
- Grade III - 10 times
- Grade IV - 15 times
- Grade V - 20 times
- Gathering Secrets → Sell 600 Order of Souls treasures while flying the Order of Souls Emissary Flag.
- Grade I - 120 treasures
- Grade II - 240 treasures
- Grade III - 360 treasures
- Grade IV - 480 treasures
- Grade V - 600 treasures
- Honoured Mystic → Sell 320 Order of Souls treasures while flying a Grade 5 Order of Souls Emissary Flag.
- Grade I - 60 treasures
- Grade II - 120 treasures
- Grade III - 200 treasures
- Grade IV - 240 treasures
- Grade V - 320 treasures
- Order's Garb → Represent the Order of Souls through your appearance while sailing as an Emissary.
- Order's Livery → Represent the Order of Souls through your ship's appearance while sailing as an Emissary.
- Order Through and Through → As Emissaries, fully represent the Order of Souls through your crew and your ship's appearance.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Motto Omnes in servitium animarum is Latin, for All in the service of Souls.
- The ambient music of the Order is composed of haunting strings accompanied with bone chimes and low deep notes, in tune to their unsettling business.
Patch History[edit | edit source]
- Madame Olga
- Madame Olive
- Madame Olwen