|“||“Trading Trust For Greater Prosperity”|
|— The Merchant Alliance Motto|
The Merchant Alliance is one of the major Trading Companies in Sea of Thieves. Every Outpost Dock houses a Merchant Alliance Representative willing to recruit new Merchants and send them on increasingly challenging Voyages.
Lore[edit | edit source]
The Merchant Alliance is the original and longest standing company in the seas. They mostly deal in living goods, which are purchased from adventuring pirates who pick up the animals during their voyages. Their business model consists of customers making an order to the alliance, and the alliance getting the wares by ordering it from pirates. Some of the alliance merchants also take orders of "Special" wares, but it mostly depends on whether or not the salesperson wants to deal in illegal goods rather than what the company stands for.
Voyages[edit | edit source]
Merchant Voyages can be bought from Senior Traders on the docks at every Outpost. The Merchant Alliance sends Player Pirates on two types of Merchant Voyages: Trade Good Commissions and Cargo Run Voyages. The First requires Players to find and deliver specific Trade Goods to specific Senior Traders at [[Outposts in a set amount of time. These can either be Animals or Gunpowder Barrels. There are three types of commissioned Animals: Chicken, Pigs and Snakes. These have to be caught in Cages provided by the Senior Trader NPCs and taken care of until delivered. Gunpowder Barrels can be found on Fortresses or randomly on Islands. The Second requires Players to pick up Cargo Crates from a Sea Post, Outpost or Large Island NPC and deliver it in time and good condition to another NPC.
In addition to Voyages sold by Senior Traders, Trade Good Commissions and Cargo Crate requisitions can sometimes be found from beached or floating Messages in Bottles or as Mysterious Parchments in Barrels. The Cargo requisitions act identically to Cargo Runs. The Trade Good Commissions, however require the Players to either find or get one of the three Supply Crates from Senior Traders and fill them with Resources or just bring in a Gunpowder Barrel. Animal requisitions are unique to Voyages purchased from Senior Traders, whereas the Supply Crates are unique to Voyages found from other sources.
Goods that have not been requested can still be sold, but are worth far less gold. Trade Good Crates cannot be requested and have to be sold individually.
Offered services[edit | edit source]
The following are all the Services provided and Items sold by the Trading Company:
- Merchant Alliance Promotions
- Merchant Voyages
- Merchant Pocket Watches that can be upgraded when promoted
- Merchant Spyglasses that can be upgraded when promoted
NPC's[edit | edit source]
These are all the Senior Traders who represent the Merchant Alliance at Outposts.
- Senior Trader Mollie - stationed at Sanctuary Outpost
- Senior Trader Meg - stationed at Galleon's Grave Outpost
- Senior Trader Mavis - stationed at Golden Sands Outpost
- Senior Trader Mandy - stationed at Dagger Tooth Outpost
- Senior Trader Maureen - stationed at Plunder Outpost
- Senior Trader Mildred - stationed at Ancient Spire Outpost
Treasure[edit | edit source]
- Animals - Pigs, Snakes, Chicken (need to be caught in specific Cages)
- Trade Good Crates - Various Crates filled with exotic Goods found all over the Sea of Thieves. Not a part of Merchant Voyages or Quests.
- Supply Crates - Crates of Supplies capable of holding up to 50 of a single type of Resource Item. Can only be sold when filled up.
- Cargo Crates - Crates of Plants, Rum or Cloth that can deteriorate in bad conditions. Only sold to specific NPCs within set deadlines marked on the Crates.
- Gunpowder Barrels - Both regular and Stronghold Barrels can be sold to Senior Traders.
- Mermaid Gems - These rare Gems can be sold to any of the main Trading Companies, including the Merchant Alliance.
Reputation and Promotions[edit | edit source]
Merchant Alliance Reputation is used to level up with the Company and to earn higher Promotions. Merchant Alliance Reputation is gained every time something is sold to the Senior Traders, or when one earns Commendations with the Company.
The Merchant Alliance Promotions are one of the leveling paths in Sea of Thieves and can be bought with Gold after every 5 levels of Reputation gained with the Company. Each Promotion unlocks a new Cosmetic Version of either the Merchant Watch or Spyglass, a new Title to show off and more lucrative Merchant Voyages.
|Promotion||Level||Level Cost||Item Unlocked||Item Cost||Voyage Cost|
|Merchant Sailor||5||Lowly Merchant Watch|
|Merchant Mariner||10||Measly Merchant Spyglass|
|Merchant Cadet||15||Prominent Merchant Watch|
|Merchant Bosun||20||Notable Merchant Spyglass|
|Merchant Officer||25||Famed Merchant Watch|
|Merchant Lieutenant||30||Renowned Merchant Spyglass|
|Merchant Commander||35||Revered Merchant Watch|
|Merchant Captain||40||Esteemed Merchant Spyglass|
|Merchant Admiral||45||Legendary Merchant Watch|
|Merchant Master||50||Notorious Merchant Spyglass|
- Senior Trader Mandy