|Duration||May 27th - June 17th, 2020|
|← Previous||Next →|
|Ships of Fortune||Haunted Shores|
|“||The latest monthly update for Sea of Thieves has been unearthed! May brings a wealth of Lost Treasures to the game, from tasteful Tall Tale refinements and cavalcades of cosmetic additions to Daily Bounties and time-limited events designed to keep pirates in pursuit of gold and Doubloons. Watch the official content update trailer to learn more!|
Lost Treasures is the name of the May 2020 Monthly Content Update, released on May 27th, 2020. Lost Treasures is a minor Content Update introducing various Quality of Life features, handful of bugfixes, new Events and Cosmetics. It was preceded by the April Ships of Fortune Content Update and followed by the June Haunted Shores Update.
- 1 New features
- 2 New cosmetics
- 3 New Black Market cosmetics
- 4 New Emporium items
- 5 Achievements
New features[edit | edit source]
Improvements to Tall Tales[edit | edit source]
- Checkpoints System - Every Tall Tale now has Checkpoints after each Chapter that allow Players to complete these Story Quests at their own pace. Checkpoints will always be available and can act as "save states" for Tall Tales when Players have to leave early or lose a Quest Item.
- Quest Inventory - The previous Voyage Inventory under the Pirate Menu has been updated into a "Quest Inventory" that stores Voyages and Tall Tales separately. The Tall Tale Inventory allows players to store one Checkpoint per Tall Tale.
- Map Markers - While Map Markers for Tale Book locations were added with the previous Content Update, players can now hover over Tall Tale icons to receive more information on the Tale and its location.
Events[edit | edit source]
- Daily Bounties - Every day, Players are offered a Bounty initiative that tasks Players with defeating specific Encounters, selling specific Treasure, or sharing a Tankard of Grog with other Crews in the Taverns.
- Gold Rush - Every day has two separate Gold Rush hours that boost rewards for every sold Treasure item. These hours take place between 18:00-19:00pm BST and 18:00-19:00pm PDT.
- Fort Nights - Every Friday will now be host to a Fort Night that sees Crews receive boosted rewards for every sold Stronghold item (Stronghold Chest, Stronghold Skull, Crate of Ancient Bone Dust, Stronghold Gunpowder Barrel) that are available from active Skeleton Fort World Events.
- Reaper's Rewards - This 1,5 week Event provides players with 3 Reaper's Bones Challenges that reward them with 4 new Reaper's Bones Set Emotes.
Quality of Life features[edit | edit source]
A number of Quality of Life Gameplay Improvements have been forced into effect with Lost Treasures:
- Ferry of the Damned Armoury - The Ferry of the Damned has been equipped with an Armoury, where Players can switch Weapons before going back to the seas again. This can help Players pick different gear to face Pirates who are camping on their Ship.
- Alliance Nameplates - When Crews form Player Alliances, the Gamertags of Allied Player Pirates will now be Purple to differentiate them from Crewmates and non-allied Pirates.
- Rowboat Storage Interaction - The keybinds for interacting with a Rowboat's Storage Chest have been split from the "Sit" keybinds to prevent players from performing the wrong action.
- Mermaid Recovery - The distance of appearing Mermaids has been improved to help Players get back on their Ship quicker.
- Animation Quality Settings - Windows 10 Players can now change their character animation quality in the Settings Menu.
- Default Settings - The Crew Status Tags and Sticky Radial Items settings are now enabled by default for new Players.
New cosmetics[edit | edit source]
Shipwright Shop cosmetics[edit | edit source]
The Outpost Shipwrights have finally received a long-lost shipment of Ship Cosmetics that will allow pirates to complete a wide range of Cosmetic Sets. Head to the shipwright on any Outpost to see what you can add to your collection. Players will have to put aside 1,951,250 Gold to buy everything new from the Outpost Shipwrights.
- Admiral Flag - 1750 | That flag had better be clean, starched and at regulation height!
- Ceremonial Admiral Flag - 1750
- Grand Admiral Flag - 1750
- Castaway Bilge Rat Flag - 1750 | Show that you're on the hunt for Doubloons, and with a nose for adventure!
- Scurvy Bilge Rat Flag - 1750
- Sea Dog Flag - 1750 | The flag of a real pirate. Raise it proudly and don't forget to shake off any old gunpowder!
- Ruffian Sea Dog Flag - 1750
- Rogue Sea Dog Flag - 1750
- Sovereign Flag - 1750 | Ah, a fine flag that really says 'this ship is not for the likes of you' to common pirates.
- Imperial Sovereign Flag - 1750
- Royal Sovereign Flag - 1750
- Grand Admiral Figurehead - 49000 | Lord of the seas, just like you. Pay no heed to any who say it's a outdated old man with a stick.
- Castaway Bilge Rat Figurehead - 49000 | A dirty, ugly fish that dwells unloved where nothing else lives? The ideal pet of any Bilge Rat.
- Scurvy Bilge Rat Figurehead - 140000
- Ruffian Sea Dog Figurehead - 49000 | The first crew of Sea Dogs battled giant skeletons and made trophies out of their skulls.
- Imperial Sovereign Figurehead - 49000 | It's very heavy and attracts thieves like flies on a Bilge Rat, but just LOOK how magnificent it is!
- Ceremonial Admiral Wheel - 49000 | Behind a wheel like this is where you belong, in command, standing proud at the helm!
- Grand Admiral Wheel - 49000
- Bilge Rat Wheel - 49000 | Held together by many bodged repairs, this wheel may not always turn (and may not always stop).
- Castaway Bilge Rat Wheel - 49000
- Scurvy Bilge Rat Wheel - 140000
- Ruffian Sea Dog Wheel - 49000 | This clunking, clattering wheel has a hefty feel to it that appeals to sturdy sailors.
- Rogue Sea Dog Wheel - 49000
- Royal Sovereign Wheel - 49000 | A shame to subject such a finely crafted wheel to the rigours of the sea, but you have places to be.
- Imperial Sovereign Wheel - 49000
- Ceremonial Admiral Cannons - 49000 | Cannons so clean and shiny, you could eat your dinner off them! Please don't do that.
- Grand Admiral Cannons - 49000
- Bilge Rat Cannons - 49000 | A cannon with a crack in the barrel is still perfectly safe. For decorative purposes anyway.
- Castaway Bilge Rat Cannons - 49000
- Scurvy Bilge Rat Cannons - 140000
- Ruffian Sea Dog Cannons - 49000 | These cannons may be a bit rough around the edges, but they're always ready for battle.
- Rogue Sea Dog Cannons - 49000
- Royal Sovereign Cannons - 49000 | Rather splendid cannons which will deal with those beneath you in short order.
- Imperial Sovereign Cannons - 49000
- Ceremonial Admiral Capstan - 49000 | A tidy, sturdy capstan that you'd find on a nice, proper vessel.
- Grand Admiral Capstan - 49000
- Bilge Rat Capstan - 49000 | This capstan is sturdier than it looks, but the splinters are a nightmare.
- Castaway Bilge Rat Capstan - 49000
- Scurvy Bilge Rat Capstan - 140000
- Ruffian Sea Dog Capstan - 49000 | More travelled than your usual capstan, built to withstand the trials of the Sea of Thieves!
- Rogue Sea Dog Capstan - 49000
- Royal Sovereign Capstan - 49000 | If one absolutely must manually wind one's anchor, let one do it in luxurious style.
- Imperial Sovereign Capstan - 49000
Reaper's Rewards challenges & rewards[edit | edit source]
- Mask of Union Emote - Present your mask and bow; but will the other pirate respond in kind?
- Join Us Emote - Yes, yes... join us! Let none stand in our way.
- Good Orders Emote - We can do this! A plan, a crew and plenty of treasure to divide, starting with the plan reader...
- Bad Orders Emote - Have you seen these orders? We'll be lucky to come back without pegheads, never mind peglegs!
New Black Market cosmetics[edit | edit source]
Desirables for Doubloons[edit | edit source]
This month, players will have to put aside 140 Doubloons if they want to buy all the new items from the Black Market.
Aristocrat Set Equipment[edit | edit source]
This month, feel more dignified as you head out onto the seas.
- Aristocrat Bucket - 10 | This bucket is so posh and ornate that the water it bails feels fancy.
- Aristocrat Compass - 15 | This ornate compass always guides you to port, where you can show it off then leave.
- Aristocrat Fishing Rod - 40 | One does not 'go fishing'. One is a merely an aficionado of maritime cuisine procurement.
- Aristocrat Lantern - 10 | An elegant lantern, perfect for poetry in the garden at midnight. Or pirate stuff, if you insist.
- Aristocrat Pocket Watch - 15 | A delicate timepiece, suitable for a seafarer with many functions to attend.
- Aristocrat Shovel - 10 | Seems a shame to get dirt and sand on this shovel. But, more treasure means more finery.
- Aristocrat Speaking Trumpet - 10 | One does not raise one's voice to address one's crew. Use this instead.
- Aristocrat Spyglass - 20 | This fine spyglass is ideal for watching for one's suitors on a summer night.
- Aristocrat Tankard - 10 | The taverns may be filthy and common, but that doesn't mean your tankard has to be.
Goodies for Gold[edit | edit source]
This month, players will have to put aside 120,840 Gold to buy everything new from the Black Market.
Nightshine Parrot Set Clothing[edit | edit source]
Feathers are about to fly!
- Nightshine Parrot Eyepatch - 20590 | This eyepatch could come in handy if you keep a parrot on your shoulder and somehow upset it.
- Nightshine Parrot Hook - 27340 | A hook as pretty and dangerous as the talons of an angry parrot.
- Nightshine Parrot Pegleg - 27340 | Leave extremely confusing footprints in the sand.
- Nightshine Parrot Trousers - 18225 | Trousers styled after parrots, or containing parrots? One is definitely preferable to the other.
- Nightshine Parrot Gloves - 9115 | Not just stylised parrot gloves, but also great gloves for handling parrots. Those beaks are sharp!
- Nightshine Parrot Belt - 9115 | With an ornate wing motif, this belt is fit for a formal fan of feathered friends.
- Nightshine Parrot Boots - 9115 | These boots were made for squawking.
New Emporium items[edit | edit source]
Counting Bundles, players will have to put aside a total of 5,245 Ancient Coins to purchase everything added to the Emporium.
Pirate items[edit | edit source]
This Month, Players will be able to acquire a Free Emote mimicking the gestures of "Joe Neate" in the Monthly Sea of Thieves Update videos. Players can also acquire a Ruby Splashtail Set Costume and Fishing Rod to match with their new Ship Set.
- Three Sheets to the Wind Emote - 0 | Time-limited | Joe 'Three Sheets' Neate had this mesmerising mannerism that kept pirates hooked on his every word.
- Ruby Splashtail Monarch Costume - 999 | The Splashtail Monarch in folklore provides bounty from the sea... and maybe the occasional nightmare.
- Ruby Splashtail Fishing Rod - 149 | Time-limited | This rod honours the Splashtail, many a proud pirate's first catch. And second. And third...
Ships[edit | edit source]
Show your love for everyone’s favourite fish with this colourful Ship Collection. A Ruby Splashtail Bundle is also on offer which includes all the regular ship cosmetics at a discount to hook you in!
Ruby Splashtail Ship Collection[edit | edit source]
Including Collector's variants, this full set makes your ship an homage to everyone's top fish.
Show your huge love for the Ruby Splashtail with this livery set, excluding Collector's variants.
- Total Bundle Cost - 2499
- Ruby Splashtail Figurehead - 599 | May your ship leap from the water like a Splashtail onto a frustrated pirate's fishing hook!
- Ruby Splashtail Sails - 599 | Honour the Splashtail with sails that depict the piscine pal that pirates love to hate.
- Ruby Splashtail Hull - 349 | The Ruby Splashtail gets its name from being red and having a splashy tail. Pirates are direct folk.
- Ruby Splashtail Wheel - 349 | Mount a Ruby Splashtail on your wheel and you'll be reminded that perseverance is important.
- Ruby Splashtail Cannons - 349 | Hopefully as accurate as Ruby Splashtails are when they dive onto your hook for the tenth time.
- Ruby Splashtail Capstan - 349 | Pirates push their capstans harder when forced to look at yet another Splashtail.
- Ruby Splashtail Flag - 349 | The most common fish of these waters. Thankfully, they are not currently aggressive or organised...
Collector’s Ruby Splashtail Items[edit | edit source]
- Collector’s Ruby Splashtail Figurehead - 799 | The figurehead of a natural angler with a love of fish, fishing and even this regal Ruby nuisance.
- Collector’s Ruby Splashtail Sails - 799 | Go the extra mile for the Splashtail, since they go the extra mile to end up on your stove.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
New Achievements can be unlocked by progressing through five Trading Company Emissary Achievements that require players to place in the top tier of a Company's Emissary Ledger five times. A total of 100 gamerscore is available to earn with these Achievements.
- Gold Hoarder Incarnate [20G]
- The Order's Finest [20G]
- Employee of the Month [20G]
- Athena's Greatest [20G]
- Feeding the Flame [20G]