|Duration||May 27th - June 17th, 2020|
|← Previous||Next →|
|Legends of the Sea (Content Update)||Haunted Shores|
|“||The latest monthly update for Sea of Thieves has been unearthed! May brings a wealth of Lost Treasures to the game, from tasteful Tall Tale refinements and cavalcades of cosmetic additions to Daily Bounties and time-limited events designed to keep pirates in pursuit of gold and Doubloons. Watch the official content update trailer to learn more!|
Lost Treasures is the name of the May 2020 Monthly Content Update, released on May 27th, 2020. Lost Treasures is a minor Content Update introducing various Quality of Life features, handful of bugfixes, new Events and Cosmetics. It was preceded by the April Ships of Fortune Content Update and followed by the June Haunted Shores Update.
- 1 New features
- 2 New cosmetics
- 3 New Black Market cosmetics
- 4 New Emporium items
- 5 Achievements
New features[edit | edit source]
Improvements to Tall Tales[edit | edit source]
- Checkpoints System - Every Tall Tale now has Checkpoints after each Chapter that allow Players to complete these Story Quests at their own pace. Checkpoints will always be available and can act as "save states" for Tall Tales when Players have to leave early or lose a Quest Item.
- Quest Inventory - The previous Voyage Inventory under the Pirate Menu has been updated into a "Quest Inventory" that stores Voyages and Tall Tales separately. The Tall Tale Inventory allows players to store one Checkpoint per Tall Tale.
- Map Markers - While Map Markers for Tale Book locations were added with the previous Content Update, players can now hover over Tall Tale icons to receive more information on the Tale and its location.
Events[edit | edit source]
- Daily Bounties - Every day, Players are offered a Bounty initiative that tasks Players with defeating specific Encounters, selling specific Treasure, or sharing a Tankard of Grog with other Crews in the Taverns.
- Gold Rush - Every day has two separate Gold Rush hours that boost rewards for every sold Treasure item. These hours take place between 18:00-19:00pm BST and 18:00-19:00pm PDT.
- Fort Nights - Every Friday will now be host to a Fort Night that sees Crews receive boosted rewards for every sold Stronghold item (Stronghold Chest, Stronghold Skull, Crate of Ancient Bone Dust, Stronghold Gunpowder Barrel) that are available from active Skeleton Fort World Events.
- Reaper's Rewards - This 1,5 week Event provides players with 3 Reaper's Bones Challenges that reward them with 4 new Reaper's Bones Set Emotes.
Quality of Life features[edit | edit source]
A number of Quality of Life Gameplay Improvements have been forced into effect with Lost Treasures:
- Ferry of the Damned Armoury - The Ferry of the Damned has been equipped with an Armoury, where Players can switch Weapons before going back to the seas again. This can help Players pick different gear to face Pirates who are camping on their Ship.
- Alliance Nameplates - When Crews form Player Alliances, the Gamertags of Allied Player Pirates will now be Purple to differentiate them from Crewmates and non-allied Pirates.
- Rowboat Storage Interaction - The keybinds for interacting with a Rowboat's Storage Chest have been split from the "Sit" keybinds to prevent players from performing the wrong action.
- Mermaid Recovery - The distance of appearing Mermaids has been improved to help Players get back on their Ship quicker.
- Animation Quality Settings - Windows 10 Players can now change their character animation quality in the Settings Menu.
- Default Settings - The Crew Status Tags and Sticky Radial Items settings are now enabled by default for new Players.
New cosmetics[edit | edit source]
Shipwright Shop cosmetics[edit | edit source]
The Outpost Shipwrights have finally received a long-lost shipment of Ship Cosmetics that will allow pirates to complete a wide range of Cosmetic Sets. Head to the shipwright on any Outpost to see what you can add to your collection. Players will have to put aside 1,951,250 Gold to buy everything new from the Outpost Shipwrights.
- Admiral Flag -
- Ceremonial Admiral Flag -
- Grand Admiral Flag -
- Castaway Bilge Rat Flag -
- Scurvy Bilge Rat Flag -
- Sea Dog Flag -
- Ruffian Sea Dog Flag -
- Rogue Sea Dog Flag -
- Sovereign Flag -
- Imperial Sovereign Flag -
- Royal Sovereign Flag -
- Grand Admiral Figurehead -
- Castaway Bilge Rat Figurehead -
- Scurvy Bilge Rat Figurehead -
- Ruffian Sea Dog Figurehead -
- Imperial Sovereign Figurehead -
- Ceremonial Admiral Wheel -
- Grand Admiral Wheel -
- Bilge Rat Wheel -
- Castaway Bilge Rat Wheel -
- Scurvy Bilge Rat Wheel -
- Ruffian Sea Dog Wheel -
- Rogue Sea Dog Wheel -
- Royal Sovereign Wheel -
- Imperial Sovereign Wheel -
- Ceremonial Admiral Cannons -
- Grand Admiral Cannons -
- Bilge Rat Cannons -
- Castaway Bilge Rat Cannons -
- Scurvy Bilge Rat Cannons -
- Ruffian Sea Dog Cannons -
- Rogue Sea Dog Cannons -
- Royal Sovereign Cannons -
- Imperial Sovereign Cannons -
- Ceremonial Admiral Capstan -
- Grand Admiral Capstan -
- Bilge Rat Capstan -
- Castaway Bilge Rat Capstan -
- Scurvy Bilge Rat Capstan -
- Ruffian Sea Dog Capstan -
- Rogue Sea Dog Capstan -
- Royal Sovereign Capstan -
- Imperial Sovereign Capstan -
Reaper's Rewards challenges & rewards[edit | edit source]
- Mask of Union Emote - Present your mask and bow; but will the other pirate respond in kind?
- Join Us Emote - Yes, yes... join us! Let none stand in our way.
- Good Orders Emote - We can do this! A plan, a crew and plenty of treasure to divide, starting with the plan reader...
- Bad Orders Emote - Have you seen these orders? We'll be lucky to come back without pegheads, never mind peglegs!
New Black Market cosmetics[edit | edit source]
Desirables for Doubloons[edit | edit source]
This month, players will have to put aside 140 Doubloons if they want to buy all the new items from the Black Market.
Aristocrat Set Equipment[edit | edit source]
This month, feel more dignified as you head out onto the seas.
- Aristocrat Bucket -
- Aristocrat Compass -
- Aristocrat Fishing Rod -
- Aristocrat Lantern -
- Aristocrat Pocket Watch -
- Aristocrat Shovel -
- Aristocrat Speaking Trumpet -
- Aristocrat Spyglass -
- Aristocrat Tankard -
Goodies for Gold[edit | edit source]
This month, players will have to put aside 120,840 Gold to buy everything new from the Black Market.
Nightshine Parrot Set Clothing[edit | edit source]
Feathers are about to fly!
- Nightshine Parrot Eyepatch -
- Nightshine Parrot Hook -
- Nightshine Parrot Pegleg -
- Nightshine Parrot Trousers -
- Nightshine Parrot Gloves -
- Nightshine Parrot Belt -
- Nightshine Parrot Boots -
New Emporium items[edit | edit source]
Counting Bundles, players will have to put aside a total of 5,245 Ancient Coins to purchase everything added to the Emporium.
Pirate items[edit | edit source]
This Month, Players will be able to acquire a Free Emote mimicking the gestures of "Joe Neate" in the Monthly Sea of Thieves Update videos. Players can also acquire a Ruby Splashtail Set Costume and Fishing Rod to match with their new Ship Set.
Ships[edit | edit source]
Show your love for everyone’s favourite fish with this colourful Ship Collection. A Ruby Splashtail Bundle is also on offer which includes all the regular ship cosmetics at a discount to hook you in!
Ruby Splashtail Ship Collection[edit | edit source]
Including Collector's variants, this full set makes your ship an homage to everyone's top fish.
Show your huge love for the Ruby Splashtail with this livery set, excluding Collector's variants.
- Total Bundle Cost -
- Ruby Splashtail Figurehead -
- Ruby Splashtail Sails -
- Ruby Splashtail Hull -
- Ruby Splashtail Wheel -
- Ruby Splashtail Cannons -
- Ruby Splashtail Capstan -
- Ruby Splashtail Flag -
Collector’s Ruby Splashtail Items[edit | edit source]
Achievements[edit | edit source]
New Achievements can be unlocked by progressing through five Trading Company Emissary Achievements that require players to place in the top tier of a Company's Emissary Ledger five times. A total of 100 gamerscore is available to earn with these Achievements.
- Gold Hoarder Incarnate [20G]
- The Order's Finest [20G]
- Employee of the Month [20G]
- Athena's Greatest [20G]
- Feeding the Flame [20G]