Where to Find
Like most Gunpowder Barrels, the Gunpowder Barrel can be found:
- Randomly spawned on the shores of any island, excluding Outposts and Seaposts.
- Randomly spawned on islands, excluding Outposts, Seaposts and Forts.
- Random chance to spawn in Shipwrecks, Fortress Vaults.
- Chance to find between the floating Barrels of Plenty.
- In the Fort of the Damned Vault after its completion.
- The Reward shown is an estimate of minimum and max value when sold.
- Gunpowder Barrels are carried by some Skeletons.
- A Commissioned barrel values from
- Gunpowder Barrels can be found in large quantities at all Fortresses, at all times, even when the fort is not active.
- Storing Gunpowder Barrels in the Crow's Nest or on top of a sail maximizes safety, preventing the likelihood of being destroyed during a fight and causing minimal damage to the ship (not including the Stronghold Gunpowder Barrel). Be wary that an exploding Gunpowder Barrel on top of a Crow's Nest will break the Masts.
- Ship collision will not detonate the barrel while carried in hand, however sailing into one even slowly will cause the barrel to detonate.
- Gunpowder Barrels can be grabbed with a Harpoon, even from the hands of Pirates and Skeletons.
- When a Player is holding a Gunpowder Barrel, only Skeletons with hands or Cutlasses with weapons can set off the keg. Shots from Weapons or Cannons will not detonate a held Keg.
- Blowing up a Gunpowder Barrel in your hand on a Ship will count as a Cannonball hit, meaning that a player can destroy a Skeleton Ship with a Keg and it will count as a kill.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Primary Use of a barrel in hand will light a 6 second fuse to detonate, but can be cancelled by
Secondary Use. The barrel can be picked up while it is cooking.
The barrel will immediately detonate if shot, struck, caught in an explosion, or upon contact with the outside of a ship hull. The explosion will damage all nearby pirates and Creatures (based on distance) within 9 paces of the detonating barrel, and punch 4 holes into the hull of any nearby Ship as well as breaking nearby Masts.