Where to Find[edit source]
Like most Gunpowder Barrels, the Gunpowder Barrel can be found:
- The Reward shown is an estimate of minimum and max value when sold.
- A commissioned barrel values up to
- Gunpowder Barrels can be found in large quantities at all fortresses, at all times, even when the fort is not active.
- Storing Gunpowder Barrels in the Crow's Nest or on top of a sail maximizes safety, preventing the likelihood of being destroyed during a fight and causing minimal damage to the ship (not including the Stronghold Gunpowder Barrel).
- Ship collision will not detonate the barrel while carried in hand.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Primary Use of a barrel in hand will light a 6s fuse to detonate, but can be cancelled by
Secondary Use. The barrel can be picked up while it is cooking.
The barrel will immediately detonate if shot, struck, caught in an explosion, or upon contact with the outside of a ship hull. The explosion will damage all nearby pirates and Creatures (based on distance) within 9 paces of the detonating barrel, and punch 4 holes into the hull of any nearby Ship.