|This article is about the Tall Tale Boss. For the Fort of the Damned boss, see Ghost of Graymarrow.|
|Related||Revenge of the Morningstar Tall Tale|
Captain Graymarrow is a Skeleton Lord with decades of experience in curses. He is featured in the Revenge of the Morningstar Tall Tale as a boss. Graymarrow drops a Shroudbreaker Stone upon defeat. He reappears as an apparition named the Ghost of Graymarrow to act as the final boss of the Fort of the Damned (Raid). It is unknown how or why the ritual brought his ghost back.
Backstory[edit | edit source]
Little is known about Graymarrow's pirate life back in the early days of the Sea of Thieves. He relentlessly pursued the Morningstar for the legend of the Shores of Gold, killing the crew and sealing their souls so that they cannot return nor pass on. By the time of Shores of Gold, he had taught this magic to an envious Skeleton Captain Rooke, and took his rest to wait for more leads. According to the a journal in the tall tales, Graymarrow had met Slate before, and Slate remarks on how he treated his crew like slaves. He understands a strange secret language that he uses for riddles to send as clues for hiding powerful artifacts, as seen in the Revenge of the Morningstar Tall Tale.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Graymarrow can only be summoned once players have acquired the Chalice of Resurrection and the Skull of Captain Douglas during the Revenge of the Morningstar Tall Tale and place them on the appropriate Ritual Tables. The Tale Book will hint towards the location of the table. Players have to go to the location co-ordinate that is found by combining the letter and number mentioned on the two Graymarrow's Orders that the Crew acquires. The following Islands can be the location of Graymarrow's boss fight: Lone Cove, Wanderer's Refuge, The Crooked Masts, Kraken's Fall, Old Faithful Isle and Marauder's Arch.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Like other Skeleton Lords, Graymarrow acts as a boss fight with a large amount of health and a range of various Skeleton Lord abilities at his disposal:
- He can switch between the Pistol, Blunderbuss and Cutlass depending on the player's range.
- He has a high-damage stomp attack. Graymarrow will raise two chests and slam them together, sending all nearby players backwards into the air and dealing increasing damage depending on your proximity to the boss. This attack may cause additional fall damage.
- Summon Skeletons; this allows Graymarrow to allow Skeleton reinforcements to overwhelm the enemy for him.
- Teleport; a defensive ability. He will raise a Skull, perform an incantation, then retreat into the ground for a short time before popping up in a new location.
- Eat a Banana to supposedly regenerate lost heath. The amount of health regenerated (if any) is currently unknown. It may be that the purpose of this action is to show him getting low on health.
Notes and Tips[edit | edit source]
- As with other Tall Tale Skeleton Lords, Graymarrow's health scales with the amount of players on the Island when the fight is started.
- Gunpowder Barrels are an effective tool to deal large amounts of damage to him at once.
- When Graymarrow summons reinforcements, larger Crews should dedicate one member to eliminate the firearm Skeletons, and another to to lure the Skeletons away while the rest work on killing the boss.
- A good strategy would be to lure him in range of the ship's Cannons to kill him faster.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Your uniform? You're one of Slate's crew! I thought I bound you pitiful wretches and left you to rot! That curse should be unbreakable..."
- "I'll hack you down where you stand!"
- "Come out and play, boys!"
- "I'll maroon you here for eternity!"