|Location||Morrow's Peak Outpost|
|Related||Box of Wondrous Secrets|
Grace is the only NPC to whom Players can sell the Box of Wondrous Secrets.
Description[edit | edit source]
Decades ago, Grace lead a 2-crew alliance of explorers called "The Forsaken Shores Alliance" aboard the Shroudbreaker, which was adorned with a magic totem that could part The Devil's Shroud. The alliance explored "forsaken shores" beyond the Devil's Shroud, most recently The Devil's Roar.
A man named Stitcher Jim betrayed the crew to obtain the Box of Wondrous Secrets, killing both his crew and Grace's. Grace survived his attempt to poison her, and escaped aboard her ship into the open sea. However, she encountered a rough storm that demolished her ship, sending her into the water to be washed up along a nearby island. The Shroudbreaker's totem was destroyed as well, with the castaway pieces dispelling the Shroud in the Devil's Roar entirely.
When Grace reunited with her shipwreck, she started building the outpost around the remains of her ship. She welcomes all travelers passing by, many dub her the governess of the outpost. She is a staunch believer of the Pirate Code, and spent many years protecting the outpost from people like Stitcher Jim. She hopes to tame the Devil's Roar now that it is accessible to the Sea of Thieves.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
You seem a little wary, pirate. I may have been out here a long time, but I haven't gone savage. Unless you're a certain 'Jim'...
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Commendations[edit | edit source]
Pirates will receive commendations for discovering the fate of her crew.
- 'Fetcher' Farley (Fetcher's Rest)
- That necklace is curious. Seems this person was an explorer, but someone cut them down with a cutlass!
- 'Flintlock' Bert (Flintlock Peninsula)
- This poor pirate was trapped here, reaching out for help that never came. Their necklace is quite distinctive.
- Hepzibah Jones (Forsaken Brink)
- Hard to tell how this poor soul died, but they seem to have been marooned. Who leaves a pirate behind?
- Old Coop (The Devil's Thirst)
- This pirate's grog was poisoned! Seems their crewmate was not to be trusted.
- Ruby Carter (Ruby's Fall)
- This pirate fell a long way. Maybe a quake knocked her off-ballance... or maybe she was pushed?
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Grace wrote two journals during her early years in the region, each documenting separate events of her background.
- She is called Captain Sorrow by Stitcher Jim.
- During the Heart of Fire Tall Tale, Grace states that she has been keeping a close eye on the whereabouts of Stitcher Jim, with her journal implying that she's willing to have Jim assassinated. This part seems to not fit well with the two month period when Stitcher Jim took over the Bilge Rats Black Market in every Tavern, including The Charred Parrot right beside Grace Morrow, as surely Morrow would have noticed Jim's presence.