|This article is about the Trading Company. For the Skeleton Lord, see The Gold Hoarder.|
|“||Your Success Brings Us Fortune|
|— Gold Hoarders' motto|
The Gold Hoarders are one of the major Trading Companies in Sea of Thieves. They are a gold-loving, greedy company with the interest of amassing great hoards of Gold. There is a Gold Hoarder representative on every Outpost in The Sea of Thieves, distinguishable by their green and gold tents. Gold Hoarders will accept any locked Treasure Chests and Artefacts for Gold and Reputation with the company. Player Pirates can climb up to 75 Reputation Ranks with the Gold Hoarders by performing various deeds for the Company.
Lore[edit | edit source]
The Gold Hoarders is a company of treasure hunters founded by Rathbone, a former friend of the Pirate Lord, now known as the Gold Hoarder or the First Gold Hoarder. He was the greediest, gold-loving treasure hunter in all of the Sea of Thieves, and even died collecting gold from the ocean floor. He amassed a huge fortune in an unknown cave, and he returned to the Sea of Thieves as a skeleton. He stole the keys that open all chests from Ramsey Singh, the Pirate Lord. The chests are not able to be opened due to the fact that captain Ramsey sealed every chest with metal made from cursed chains that were used to tie up Old Mother, the first Kraken.
In Captain Flameheart's journal, Flameheart writes:
"One such character apparently unknown even to my father is the Gold Hoarder, a particularly terrifying Skeleton Lord whose name surely ties him to the Trading Company I met, oh, so many lifetimes ago. This man's skeleton was supposedly reclaimed by his spirit after death, driven by greed to the extent that he patches up his immortal frame with jewels and gold."
After he passed away, the Gold Hoarder’s Skeleton Keys were divided between his followers and they set up shop on the outposts scattered throughout the Sea of Thieves.
However, rumors and whispers say that anyone that joins the Gold Hoarders company will fall under the "Curse of the Gold Hoarder", becoming as greedy and gold-obsessed as the First Gold Hoarder. Not only that, many have noticed that patches of their skin or their eyes of have turned into gold. Some believe that contagiously using the magic Skeleton Keys and handling cursed gold or cursed treasure chests may have cursed these men and only way to slow down the curse is by hoarding more and more gold or they themselves will turn into gold.
NPCs[edit | edit source]
The following is a list of all the Gold Hoarder Representatives at each Outpost.
- Henry the Hoarder - stationed at Galleon's Grave Outpost
- Herbert the Hoarder - stationed at Ancient Spire Outpost
- Horace the Hoarder - stationed at Dagger Tooth Outpost
- Humphrey the Hoarder - stationed at Sanctuary Outpost
- Hugh the Hoarder - stationed at Golden Sands Outpost
- Harry the Hoarder - stationed at Plunder Outpost
- Hyde the Hoarder - stationed at Morrow's Peak Outpost
Offered Services[edit | edit source]
The following services are offered by the Gold Hoarder tents at every Outpost:
- Accepting Treasure Chests, Trinkets, Mermaid Gems and Collector's Chests for Gold, Reputation and Emissary Value (if a Gold Hoarders Emissary Flag is raised).
- Selling Gold Hoarders Voyages
- Selling Gold Hoarders Promotions
- Selling the Gold Hoarders Emissary Flag (at Rank 15)
- Providing a Gold Hoarders Emissary Table.
- Offering the Gold Hoarders Emissary Quest to any Emissary Grade V Gold Hoarder Representatives.
- Selling Gold Hoarder themed Cosmetics for Promotions:
Voyages[edit | edit source]
Gold Hoarder Representatives provide Treasure Map Voyages and Wayfinder Voyages of increasing difficulty and value. These Voyages send Player Crews on a search for Gold Hoarders Treasure, located by various types of Maps. Players can have up to 3 Gold Hoarder Voyages in their Voyage Inventory and put them up for a vote at the Voyage Table. The Voyages are counted complete as soon as all of the Maps are solved.
Players can also buy Ashen versions of Gold Hoarders Voyages from the Representatives at Morrow's Peak Outpost. These Voyages take players on islands throughout The Devil's Roar, where they can dig up Ashen Treasure Chests and Trinkets, which fetch a higher price.
Reputation, Promotions & Rewards[edit | edit source]
Reputation[edit | edit source]
Gold Hoarders Reputation is used to level up and earn higher Promotion Ranks with the Trading Company. Gold Hoarders Reputation is earned every time a relevant Treasure Item is sold to the Hoarders in their tents at Outposts (Crew-wide). Each Treasure item is worth a set amount of Reputation, which is separate from the item's Gold or Emissary Value. Players can also earn Reputation with the Hoarders by completing Commendations for the Company (Individual) or lowering a higher than Emissary Grade II Gold Hoarders Emissary Flag at the Gold Hoarders Emissary Table (Crew-wide). Crews representing the Gold Hoarders as an Emissary will get increased Reputation gains the higher the Emissary Grade of their Ship. The Gold Hoarders Company has 75 Reputation Ranks in total.
Promotions[edit | edit source]
The following is a table of all the Gold Hoarders Promotions and the Items that are unlocked for purchase after achieving them:
|Rank||Promotion Name||Cost||Item Unlocked||Cost||Voyage Cost|
|5||Gold Picaroon||100||Measly Hoarder Shovel||700||20|
|10||Gold Bucko||200||Lowly Hoarder Compass||700||40|
|20||Gold Hauler||400||Prominent Hoarder Compass||2000||80|
|25||Gold Buccaneer||500||Renowned Hoarder Shovel||3000||100|
|30||Gold Seadog||600||Famed Hoarder Compass||3000||120|
|35||Gold Magnate||700||Esteemed Hoarder Shovel||4000||140|
|40||Gold Captain||800||Revered Hoarder Compass||4000||160|
|45||Gold Sovereign||900||Notorious Hoarder Shovel||5000||180|
|50||Master Gold Hoarder||1000||Legendary Hoarder Compass||5000||200|
|55||Glittering Gold Hoarder||17450||Gold Hoarders Capstan||69550|
|60||Gleaming Gold Hoarder||21400||Gold Hoarders Cannons||69550|
|65||Shining Gold Hoarder||25350||Gold Hoarders Wheel||69550|
|70||Radiant Gold Hoarder||29300|
|75||Lustrous Gold Hoarder||33250|
Gold Hoarders Emissaries[edit | edit source]
Any players wishing to represent the Gold Hoarders on the open seas can do so by becoming a Gold Hoarders Emissary. To hoist a Gold Hoarders Emissary Flag, Players must first purchase it from any Company Representative for 20000 Gold once they have achieved the level 15 Rank of Gold Swabbie. Player Crews can vote to raise a Company Emissary Flag at the Company's Emissary Table. Gold Hoarders Emissary Tables can be found next to every Gold Hoarders tent at Outposts. Once voted upon, the Crew's Ship will receive two Company themed Flags on their Ships to designate their Emissary status: a big Flag on the back of the ship and a Pennant on top of the Crow's Nest. These Flags will signify the Emissary Ship's current Emissary Grade and will change as the Crew progresses through the Grades. Gold Hoarder Emissary Flags are Yellow and will play a distinct tune when viewed from a Spyglass by other Crews. When an Emissary Ship sinks or is scuttled, the Emissary Flag will be lost along with any earned Grade progress. The Broken Emissary Flags that float up from the sunk ship can be sold to The Servant of the Flame at The Reaper's Hideout. When Crews vote to lower their own Emissary Flag, they earn large sums of Gold and Reputation with the Emissary Company (only after Grade 2).
Emissary Grades[edit | edit source]
Every Gold Hoarders Emissary will start out at Emissary Grade I and be able to progress up to Grade V. These Grades are displayed on the Ship's Emissary Flags. Players can also check their Emissary Grade progress by using the Equipment Radial Menu or opening up their Reputation tab at the Pirate Menu.
When reaching Grade V, Gold Hoarder Emissaries are eligible to claim a special Gold Hoarders Emissary Quest from any of the Gold Hoarders Representatives.
With each Emissary Grade, players will receive greater Rewards, Gold Hoarders Reputation and Emissary Value for any sold Treasure Chests, Artefacts or Mermaid Gems. Note that Players do not get Emissary Grade Reputation from selling Items to the company. The following is a chart of the reward and value multiplier of Emissary Grades:
|Emissary Grade||Rewards, Reputation & Emissary Value|
|Grade 1||Base Reward|
|Grade 2||+33% Base Reward|
|Grade 3||+67% Base Reward|
|Grade 4||+100% Base Reward|
|Grade 5||+150% Base Reward|
Emissary Reputation[edit | edit source]
- Progressing through Riddle Map riddle lines in Gold Hoarders Voyages or Quests
- Completing Riddle Maps, X Marks the Spot Maps or Torn Maps in Gold Hoarders Voyages or Quests
- Picking up Torn Map Parchments during Wayfinder Voyages
- Completing or progressing through Emergent Skeleton Captain Skeleton's Orders Quests.
- Picking up any Treasure Chests, Artefacts or Mermaid Gems for the first time
- Putting these Treasure items on your Ship for the first time
- Completing World Events
- Defeating Megalodon and Kraken
- Sinking Emergent Skeleton Ships
- Sinking rivaling Reaper's Bones Emissary Ships
Things that do not give Emissary Grade Reputation for Gold Hoarders:
- Selling Gold Hoarders Treasure
- Progressing through or finishing any Treasure Maps or Riddle Maps in Mercenary Voyages or Athena's Fortune Voyages
- Killing Emergent Skeleton Captains
- Sinking Skeleton Ships that are a part of a Skeleton Fleet
- Picking up or putting empty Collector's Chests on your Ship
- Killing Reaper's Bones Emissary Crew members
- Killing or Sinking any other Trading Company Emissary Ships or Crew members
- Picking up Treasure Chests, Gold and Trinkets inside Gold Hoarder Treasure Vaults, excluding Chests of Ancient Tributes
Emissary Quest[edit | edit source]
Once Crews have reached Emissary Grade V when sailing as a Gold Hoarders Emissary, they will be eligible for a Gold Hoarders Emissary Quest. Only one Quest can be claimed per Crew per Emissary Run. This means that if players want to receive more Emissary Quests, they will have to reset their Emissary progress and work their way back up to Grade V again.
The Gold Hoarders Emissary Quest gives all Players of the Crew four X Marks the Spot Maps with 5 X's each uncovering Captain’s Chests. Players can easily work their way back up to Emissary Grade V with the Quest alone if they decide to turn in their previous Grade V flag to the Company and start over from Grade I. Once back at Grade V, the crews can claim another Emissary Quest and repeat the process.
Emissary Value & Ledger[edit | edit source]
Gold Hoarders Emissary Value is earned every time a Crew sells a Treasure item to any Hoarder Representatives while flying a Gold Hoarders Emissary Flag. Each Treasure Chest, Artefact and Mermaid Gem has a set base Emissary Value. Crews get increased Emissary Value the higher the Grade of their Emissary Flag. When selling Treasure as a Grade V Emissary, the Emissary Value is doubled (see above chart for the multipliers). Emissary Value acts as a Player Pirate's individual scoreboard with a Trading Company.
A player's Emissary Value is counted in their Emissary Ledger, which divides all of the Company's Emissaries into four Ranks based on their total Emissary Value. Each Emissary Rank accounts for a percentage of the Company's total Emissary Value holders. A single Emissary Ledger scoreboard remains active for one month, after which it will be closed and reset. At the close of a Ledger, every Player Pirate to place in the first or second top tier will be rewarded with exclusive Company Sails.
The Gold Hoarders Emissary Ranks are as follows:
- Tier 1 (bottom 25%) - Castaway | No Reward
- Tier 2 (bottom 25-50%) - Seafarer | Rewards the Emissary of Gold Seafarers Title at the close of a Ledger
- Tier 3 (top 50-25%) - Marauder | Rewards the Gold Hoarders Marauder Sails and the Emissary of Gold Marauders Title at the close of a Ledger
- Tier 4 (top 25%) - Golden Captain | Rewards the Gold Hoarders Golden Captain Sails and the Captain of Golden Emissaries Title at the close of a Ledger
Commendations[edit | edit source]
- Golden Voyager → Complete 250 Gold Hoarder voyages
- Keeper of a Glittering Hoard → Earn 150,000 gold from Gold Hoarder voyages
- Sailor of the Gold Horizon → Sail 1,000 nautical miles on Gold Hoarder voyages
- Seeker of Lost Maps → Purchase 250 Gold Hoarder voyages
- Hoarder of the Castaway's Gold → Sell 90 Castaway's Chests to the Gold Hoarders
- Hoarder of the Seafarer's Gold → Sell 180 Seafarer's Chests to the Gold Hoarders
- Hoarder of the Marauder's Gold → Sell 270 Marauder's Chests to the Gold Hoarders
- Hoarder of the Captain's Gold → Sell 360 Captain's Chests to the Gold Hoarders
- Hoarder of Grog Soaked Gold → Sell 100 Chests of a Thousand Grogs to the Gold Hoarders
- Hoarder of Treasured Tears → Sell 100 Chests of Sorrow to the Gold Hoarders
- Hoarder of Barnacled Gold → Sell 300 Shipwrecked Chests to the Gold Hoarders
- Hoarder of Lost Artifacts → Sell 450 Treasure Artifacts to the Gold Hoarders
- Emissary of Gold → Become an Emissary for the Gold Hoarders.
- Worthy Emissary of Gold → Reach Gold Hoarder Emissary Grade 2, 100 times.
- Grade I - 1 times
- Grade II - 25 times
- Grade III - 50 times
- Grade IV - 75 times
- Grade V - 100 times
- Dedicated Emissary of Gold → Reach Gold Hoarder Emissary grade 3, 80 times.
- Grade I - 1 times
- Grade II - 20 times
- Grade III - 40 times
- Grade IV - 60 times
- Grade V - 80 times
- Esteemed Emissary of Gold → Reach Gold Hoarder Emissary grade 4, 40 times.
- Grade I - 1 times
- Grade II - 10 times
- Grade III - 20 times
- Grade IV - 30 times
- Grade V - 40 times
- Unrivalled Emissary of Gold → Reach Gold Hoarder Emissary grade 5, 20 times.
- Grade I - 1 times
- Grade II - 5 times
- Grade III - 10 times
- Grade IV - 15 times
- Grade V - 20 times
- Golden Tribute → Sell 600 Gold Hoarder treasures while flying the Gold Hoarders Emissary Flag.
- Grade I - 120 treasures
- Grade II - 240 treasures
- Grade III - 360 treasures
- Grade IV - 480 treasures
- Grade V - 600 treasures
- Eminent Hoarder → Sell 320 Gold Hoarder treasures while flying a Grade 5 Gold Hoarders Emissary Flag.
- Grade I - 60 treasures
- Grade II - 120 treasures
- Grade III - 200 treasures
- Grade IV - 260 treasures
- Grade V - 320 treasures
- Hoarder's Garb → Represent the Gold Hoarders through your appearance while sailing as an Emissary.
- Hoarder's Livery → Represent the Gold Hoarders through your ship's appearance while sailing as an Emissary.
- Hoarders Through and Through → As Emissaries, fully represent the Gold Hoarders through your crew and your ship's appearance.
- Hoarder of Vault Keys → Find X Gold Hoarder Treasure Vault Keys
- Grade I - 3 Keys
- Grade II - 15 Keys
- Grade III - 25 Keys
- Grade IV - 35 Keys
- Grade V - 50 Keys
- Seeker of Ancient Vaults → Open X Gold Hoarder Treasure Vaults using a Vault Key | Unlocks the Ancient Vault Sails for purchase
- Grade I - 3 Vault
- Grade II - 10 Vaults
- Grade III - 25 Vaults
- Grade IV - 50 Vaults
- Grade V - 100 Vaults
- Hoarder of Ancient Tributes → Return X Chests of Ancient Tributes to the Gold Hoarders | Unlocks the Ancient Tribute Sails for purchase
- Grade I - 3 Chest
- Grade II - 15 Chests
- Grade III - 25 Chests
- Grade IV - 35 Chests
- Grade V - 50 Chests
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The ambient music of Gold Hoarders composes of adventurous trumpets, akin to some deep raspy Brass, to add to the slinky and greedy antics of their sleuthful members.
- Every Gold Hoarder's name starts with an H.