|This article is about the Location. For the World Event, see Skeleton Fort.|
Description[edit | edit source]
Every Fort Island is set up like a Motte and Bailey Castle with the main fortress built on top a hill with a heavily fortified courtyard below. The fortification structures surrounding the main Fortress itself are made of plain wood, however they are surrounded by spikes on shorelines and guard towers both built on the walls and inside the surrounding shorelines. Most of the in-land towers are fitted with Cannons and Ammo Chests. The sea-towers all contain 3 Cannons and a few Barrels. The main fortress structure has 3-4 floors and a Treasure Vault below it.
Features[edit | edit source]
- As stated above, every fort houses several Cannons and Ammo Chests.
- Forts are supplied with numerous Barrels with a surplus of Resources.
- Forts are also supplied with several Gunpowder Barrels making them an ideal place to stock up on explosives.
- Forts do not spawn Animals.
- Forts cannot spawn any Treasure nor Cursed Mermaid Statues.
- Forts can spawn beached Message in a Bottle quests or Mermaid Gems.
- Any single Fort can be host to a Skeleton Fort World Event, indicated by a large and dark Skull cloud above the Fortress.
- Forts cannot be subject of traditional Voyages, however Mercenary Voyages and Arena matches have been known to include X-marks-the-spot Treasure Maps on Fortresses.
Skeleton Fort World Event[edit | edit source]
Every now and then, one Fort can become actively held by a crew of Skeletons who hide their Stronghold Treasure in the Fortress Vault. An active fort is indicated by a large thunder cloud in the shape of a Skull. During this event the fortifications become manned by Skeletons who will use every Cannon on the Island to sink any approaching Ships. Aside from this 10-15 waves of Skeletons, including an Ashen Guardian and an Ashen Key Master, will appear on the Fort itself, who have to be defeated to summon one of three Skeleton Lords who holds the Vault Key that opens the Vault, filled with Stronghold Treasure. Within the cloud indicator above the fort, the eyes will appear as green, yellow, and red depending on the time of day and position of the sun.
List of Fortresses[edit | edit source]
The Fortresses and their Map coordinates are as follows: