Fort of the Damned (Raid)
|This article is about The Raid. For other articles with this name, see Fort of the Damned (Disambiguation).|
|Fort of the Damned (Raid)|
|Location||The Ancient Isles|
Fort of the Damned is a Fortress Raid located in The Ancient Isles (L-14). Unlike other World Events, the Fort of the Damned Raid must be activated by players, and it can be active at the same time as other rotating World Events.
An active Fort of the Damned is indicated by a massive red-eyed Skull Cloud appearing in the sky above the Fort.
Environment[edit | edit source]
The Fort of the Damned is covered in thick Fog at all times, one that is difficult to observe only from the outside. Unlike regular Skeleton Forts, the Fort of the Damned has no Cannons that can be manned. However, it shares the increased chance of spawning Gunpowder Barrels, making it easy to blow up any approaching Ships.
How to Activate[edit | edit source]
Lighting the Statues[edit | edit source]
- (Ordered clockwise from ritual cage)
- The Flame of Treacherous Weather (White) - Death by Lightning.
- The Flame of Embattled Souls (Pink) - Death by Player Pirates from other Crews.
- The Flame of Lost Seafarers (Blue) - Death by a Shark or Megalodon.
- The Flame of Cursed Bones (Green) - Death by a Skeleton.
- The Flame of Burning Hearts (Red) - Death by Fire from any source, or by falling volcanic rocks or dying from flowing lava on Islands.
- The Flame of the Viper (Purple) - Death by Poison. This includes dying to a Snake bite, a Venomball or the Kraken's poisonous ink.
The Ferryman Statues each have a motif representative of their deaths to mark what coloured Flames go where. To light a statue's lantern, raise your Lantern with
Secondary Use and then
Interact/Disengage. Once all the Statues have been lit, you are free to copy any of the flames from a lit lantern by raising your Lantern again and instead
Secondary Interact the lantern.
The White Statue, cracked by Lightning
The Blue Statue, still carrying Shark jaws with it
The Green Statue, taken by Skeletons
The Red Statue, covered in Lava
The Purple Statue, envenomed and covered with Snake remains.
Placing the Ritual Skull[edit | edit source]
After lighting all the statues, the cage with a headless Skeleton will open. Here, the Ritual requires a Ritual Skull to be placed onto the Skeleton's neck for commencement. There are various ways to acquire a Ritual Skull:
- Purchase a Skull Stash Voyage from Duke for 35000 Gold or 30 Doubloons. While expensive, this Voyage allows the Crew to quickly uncover and dig up a Ritual Skull at the closest Outposts.
- Embark on the Skull Seeker Voyages, which will spawn a Skeleton Captain in a given region that will drop a Villainous Skull and Skeleton's Orders.
- Sail the seas and find a Small or Large Island with a lone Emergent Skeleton Captain on them. These Captains will drop a Villainous Bounty Skull and Skeleton's Orders upon defeat. Emergent Skeleton Captain Quests can send the players anywhere on the seas, even to Forts or the same Island the Captain was killed on.
The Ritual Cage will stay closed until all the Flames of Fate have been placed on the Ferryman Statues.
One the Flames are placed, the Cage will open, at which point a Ritual Skull can be placed on the headless Skeleton.
The Raid[edit | edit source]
Once the Ritual is complete, the Fort of the Damned will become active, indicated by a massive red-eyed Skull Cloud above the fort fog. The Fortress Vault will seal and generate Treasure inside. Reaper’s Chests can be part of the Vault loot, which will also become visible on the Map Table.
Shadow of Fate Waves[edit | edit source]
Shadows of Fate are uniquely coloured Shadow Skeletons that correspond to one Flame of Fate that is required to render them corporeal (Raising not required). To make it apparent for players to discern which coloured Skeletons spawn during a wave, ghostly hands will appear under the appropriate Ferryman Statues. These Skeletons can spawn unarmed, with a Cutlass, Pistol, Blunderbuss, Gunpowder Barrel or a Stronghold Gunpowder Barrel. A Shadow of Fate Skeleton has been recorded to endure about 8 Cutlass hits and one point-blank Blunderbuss shot.
There are a total of 12 waves of Shadow of Fate Skeletons in a Fort of the Damned Raid. Each wave will spawn around 8-10 Skeletons. The first four waves will only spawn a single colour of Shadow of Fate Skeletons, with a chance for up to 4 coloured Gunpowder Skeletons appearing during the last two waves. The next four waves will spawn two colours of Shadows of Fate with a chance for Gunpowder Skeletons at wave 7 and 8. The final 4 waves will spawn a mix of 3 different Shadows of Fate with a chance to spawn up to 4 Stronghold Gunpowder Barrel Skeletons at the final skeleton wave. Once the waves are cleared, the boss fight will commence.
Ghost of Graymarrow (Boss)[edit | edit source]
The Ghost of Graymarrow will spawn as a Skeleton Lord fight. This Ghost is more powerful than Graymarrow, having significantly more health than in his corporeal form and has the same move set, however he notably has no teleportation ability and summons Shadows of Fate reinforcements instead of normal skeletons.
Ghost of Graymarrow always has the same amount of health, no matter the number of players attempting the Fort.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Gunpowder Barrels are more viable against Ghost of Graymarrow as he does not teleport. For repeated Fort activations during a single session, you can reserve the Stronghold Gunpowder Barrels from the Vault from the first raid towards killing Graymarrow on the second raid. Gunpowder damage may cap out against Graymarrow, as it's been tested that that 20 Stronghold Gunpowder Barrels nor 100 Gunpowder Barrels at once are enough to kill the Ghost of Graymarrow compared to other methods of damage.
The suggested method to quickly lower the health of the Ghost of Graymarrow is to lure him to the bottom pier of the Fort and shoot him with Cannonballs from your Ship's Cannons. It still takes a considerable amount of Cannonballs to kill the boss, but it is faster and safer than using regular weaponry.
If positioned correctly, you can have one Crew member firing the Boss with the Harpoon which can deal 15 damage per shot while briefly stuning Graymarrow, making cannon shots easier.
Firebombs can also be used against Graymarrow, but they don't do too much damage.
Anchor your Ship to avoid Graymarrow's shockwave pushing your Ship out of range. Shadows of Fate with Gunpowder Barrels can also be summoned right on the pier and cause damage to your Ship on explosion, if the Ship is too close
Green Cursed Cannonballs can affect both Greymarrow and Shadows of Fate, hindering their movement and weapon use.
Once the Ghost of Graymarrow is defeated, the Fort Raid will be complete, the Skull Cloud will disappear and a Fort of the Damned Key will be dropped by the boss. The location of the Fort of the Damned Key can be tracked on a Map Table.
Vault Loot and Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 Chest of Legends
- 2 Reaper's Bones Chests: Either Reaper’s Chests or Reaper’s Bounties
- 2 Stronghold Chests
- 2 Crates of Ancient Bone Dust
- 4 Stronghold Skulls
- 4 Stronghold Gunpowder Barrels
- 4 Gunpowder Barrels
- 1 Collector's Chest with Gold and 3 random Mermaid Gems
- 4 additional random Mermaid Gems
- Various Fruit scattered on the ground, with a high chance of spawning Pineapples
Completion[edit | edit source]
In order to get credit for completing a Fort of the Damned Raid, a player must be within Title Card range of the Fort when the Vault is opened with the Fort of the Damned Key. Stealthy players can hide aboard another Crew's ship or Fort until the vault is opened to get credit.
If the key is not used and the fort is started again, the loot inside the vault will not spawn on top of the one that's already inside, it will just reset. So trying to farm the fort without opening the vault and just holding onto keys will not bring more loot. Therefore, if a key is lost or simply stuck somewhere and it's not usable anymore, triggering the fort again will reset the loot inside the vault.
Commendations[edit | edit source]
The following Commendations are related to the Fort of the Damned]]:
- Sent Crying Back to the Sea → Defeat 5 blue Shadows of Fate. |
- Sent Screaming Back to the Sea → Defeat 25 blue Shadows of Fate. |
- Sent Wailing Back to the Sea → Defeat 50 blue Shadows of Fate. |
- Cooling Burning Hearts → Defeat 5 red Shadows of Fate. |
- Dousing Burning Hearts → Defeat 25 red Shadows of Fate. |
- Snuffing Burning Hearts → Defeat 50 red Shadows of Fate. |
- Cursed Bones Laid to Rest → Defeat 5 green Shadows of Fate. |
- Cursed Bones Exorcised → Defeat 25 green Shadows of Fate. |
- Cursed Bones Buried Deep → Defeat 50 green Shadows of Fate. |
- Lightning-struck Skeletons Discharged → Defeat 5 white Shadows of Fate. |
- Lightning-struck Skeletons Earthed → Defeat 25 white Shadows of Fate. |
- Lightning-struck Skeletons Grounded → Defeat 50 white Shadows of Fate. |
- Envenomed and Ensnared → Defeat 5 purple Shadows of Fate. |
- Envenomed and Ended → Defeat 25 purple Shadows of Fate. |
- Envenomed and Entombed → Defeat 50 purple Shadows of Fate. |
- One More Fight → Defeat 5 pink Shadows of Fate. |
- One More Battle → Defeat 25 pink Shadows of Fate. |
- One More War → Defeat 50 pink Shadows of Fate. |
- A Spectrum of Shadows → Defeat each colour of Shadow of Fate. |
- Summoning the Damned → Activate the Fort of the Damned by lighting all six Flames of Fate and sacrificing a Ritual Skull. |
- Defeating the Damned → Clear the Fort of the Damned of all enemies. |
- Banishing the Damned → Clear the Fort of the Damned of all enemies, 10 times. |
- Vanquishing the Damned → Clear the Fort of the Damned of all enemies, 25 times. |
- Conquering the Damned → Clear the Fort of the Damned of all enemies, 50 times. |
Titles and Unlockable Rewards[edit | edit source]
In total, there is one Title and 3 Cosmetic Items that can be unlocked by completing Fort of the Damned Commendations:
- Raider of the Damned Title - Clear the Fort of the Damned of all enemies, 50 times (Conquering the Damned Commendation).
- Facepaint of the Damned - Activate the Fort of the Damned by lighting all six Flames of Fate and sacrificing a Ritual Skull (Summoning the Damned Commendation).
- Lantern of the Damned - Defeat each colour of Shadow of Fate. (A Spectrum of Shadows Commendation).
- Jacket of the Damned - Clear the Fort of the Damned of all enemies, 10 times. (Banishing the Damned Commendation).