Flame Phantom Cannonball
|Flame Phantom Cannonball|
|Source||Cannonball Crate of the Damned|
The Flame Phantom Cannonball is a type of Cursed Cannonball in Sea of Thieves. The Flame Phantomball is essentially a Firebomb that can only be shot out of Cannons. Flame Phantomballs have the same properties as Firebombs when loaded into and shot out of cannons, however instead of fiery bombs, they shoot out red phantoms that cause fires upon impact.
Where to Find[edit | edit source]
- Flame Phantomballs can only be found inside a Cannonball Crate of the Damned dropped by the Burning Blade during a Ghost Fleet world encounter.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Flame Phantomballs are used as ammunition for loading up and shooting with cannons. A Flame Phantomball needs to be loaded inside an empty Cannon before it can be used as ammunition. Flame Phantomballs emit a red flame from the cannon when loaded. Once a cannon is loaded, the player can manually aim the cannon with
Directional keys and then Shoot the projectile with the
Primary Use key. As the fired cannonball's firing trajectory and arc is influenced by the angle of the cannon and the sailing speed of the ship, hitting targets with cannonballs requires some practice.
Flame Phantomballs are identical to Firebombs in damage, range and arc. The main difference between the two projectiles is purely audio-visual. Unlike Firebombs, Flame Phantomballs cannot be used as a Throwable.
Storage[edit | edit source]
Flame Phantom Cannonballs share their Inventory storage space with Cursed Cannonballs.
- Up to 10 total Flame Phantom Cannonballs can be held in a player's inventory at one time.
- Up to 50 Flame Phantom Cannonballs can be stored inside a Cannonball Crate of the Damned.
- A single Flame Phantomball can be loaded into any Cannon, signified by a fuse appearing on front of the cannon and a flame appearing from its muzzle.
- Up to 100 Flame Phantomballs can be stored in one storage space of a Barrel at a time. A single Ship's Cannonball Barrel can carry up to 3 pages, i.e. 4800 total Resources.
- Up to 20 Flame Phantomballs can be stored in one storage space of the Rowboat Chest. A single Rowboat's Chest can carry a maximum of 2 pages, i.e. 640 total Resources.
- Up to 100 Flame Phantomballs can be stored in one storage space of a Storage Crate. A single Storage Crate can carry a maximum of 16 storage spaces, i.e. 1600 total Resources .
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Flame Phantom Cannonballs cannot be stored inside Cannonball Crates nor Firebomb Crates.
- Since Flame Phantom Cannonballs share inventory space with Cursed Cannonballs and not Throwables, players can essentially carry 15 Firebombs with them at one time.
In-game description[edit | edit source]
"A fiery spirit that engulfs its target in a burst of red-hot flames."