Fate of the Damned
|This article is about the Content Update. For the Event of the same name, see Fate of the Damned Event.|
|Fate of the Damned|
|Duration||October 28th - December 2020|
|← Previous||Next →|
|Vaults of the Ancients||—|
|“||Time for a suitably spine-chilling Sea of Thieves content update as the cold nights draw in! The Shadows of Fate are back, spreading across the world like a plague, and there are Voyages and Challenges to lead brave crews into action and deliver both answers and rewards. Time to find out the Fate of the Damned...|
Fate of the Damned is the name of the October 2020 Monthly Content Update, released on October 28th, 2020. The Update introduces new time-limited Halloween Voyages and Cosmetics with the Fate of the Damned Event. The Fate of the Damned was preceded by the September 2020 Vaults of the Ancients Content Update.
- 1 New Features
- 2 New Event Cosmetics
- 3 New Outpost Cosmetics
- 4 New Black Market Cosmetics
- 5 New October Emporium Items
- 5.1 Pets
- 5.2 Pirates
- 5.3 Ships
- 6 New November Emporium Items
- 7 Commendations, Achievements & Titles
- 8 Media
New Features[edit | edit source]
Fate of the Damned Event[edit | edit source]
The Fate of the Damned update introduces the Fate of the Damned Event that unlocks 6 new Challenges every week for Player Crews to complete. These Challenges take Players all across The Sea of Thieves to defeat Shadows of Fate and Graymarrow. Alongside the weekly Challenges, Crews can also work on the Slayer of Fate Challenges throughout the Event. Both of these Challenges unlock special Soulflame Set Cosmetics and unique Titles.
Fate of the Damned Voyages[edit | edit source]
Larinna has been preparing the Bilge Rats for the upcoming Festival of the Damned, but most all of them have gone missing. Because of this, Larinna is offering Player Crews new Bilge Rat Voyages to find out what happened to them. There will be a new Voyage each week, focusing on specific Regions of the Seas and specific Flames of Fate and Shadows of Fate Skeletons. The Skeletons have started performing rituals to summon the Ghost of Graymarrow to take on Flameheart their own selves. These Voyages allow Players to easily complete the weekly Fate of the Damned Event Challenges, as well as earn Order of Souls Treasure Items and a Ritual Skull, with which Crews can summon the Ghost of Graymarrow their own selves at the Fort of the Damned.
The following pages lead to the Fate of the Damned Voyages. Note that the pages will be updated as the Voyages themselves become unlocked during the Event.
- The Search for Wild, Plentiful Shadows of Fate Voyage - Seek answers and a missing crew in this Bilge Rat Voyage.
- The Hunt for Hidden, Ancient Shadows of Fate Voyage - A missing crew hold the answers to this Bilge Rat Voyage.
- In Pursuit of Prowling, Devilish Shadows of Fate Voyage - Pirates lost at sea are the key to this Bilge Rat Voyage.
Events Menu[edit | edit source]
Players no longer have to track active Events and their progress within these Events on the Event Hub at the official Webstite! There is a new Events Menu under the Quick Menu that now allows players to see all active Events and their progress in-game! This new Menu will track both Daily Bounties as well as other time-limited Events.
Devil's Roar Treasure Vaults[edit | edit source]
The November 2020 patch added Wayfinder Voyages to The Devil's Roar Region, introducing the Sun Vault on Ashen Reaches and the Eagle Vault on The Devil's Thirst. These two Vaults can be accessed with the Eagle and Sun Totem Keys respectively and hide Devil's Roar versions of Treasure Chests and Artefacts inside. Like with other Gold Hoarder Treasure Vaults, solving the Medallion puzzle will give players a Chest of Ancient Tributes.
New Event Cosmetics[edit | edit source]
This year's Festival of the Damned introduces the Soulflame Set Cosmetics that can be unlocked by completing Fate of the Damned Event Challenges or Fate of the Damned Voyages. The Cosmetics can be seen and tracked both in the new Event Menu or in Larinna's Black Market. Some Soulflame Set Cosmetics are also available exclusively from the Pirate Emporium.
- Face of Fear Makeup - Earn this fearsome face paint by completing any Fate of the Damned Voyage.
- Soulflame Lantern - Complete the Apprentice Slayer of Fate goal to earn this petrifying prize!
- Soulflame Cutlass - Complete any 4 Goals from the Fated Fortune Challenges and this scary sword is yours.
- Soulflame Pistol - A petrifying pistol earned for completing any 8 Goals from the Fated Fortune Challenges.
- Soulflame Eye of Reach - Complete 12 Goals from across the Fated Fortune Challenges to earn this fateful firearm.
- Soulflame Blunderbuss - Complete 16 Goals from across the Fated Fortune Challenges and this weapon is your Reward.
- Soulflame Crew Set Costumes - Pirate Legends who've completed all (24) Fated Fortune Challenges can purchase this outfit set for them and their crew!
- Soulflame Captain Costume - This costume is included in the Soulflame Crew Set.
- Soulflame First Crewmate Costume - This costume is included in the Soulflame Crew Set.
- Soulflame Second Crewmate Costume - This costume is included in the Soulflame Crew Set.
- Soulflame Third Crewmate Costume - This costume is included in the Soulflame Crew Set.
New Outpost Cosmetics[edit | edit source]
- Shark Hunter Cannon - 49000 | A cannon seems like overkill for hunting sharks, until you meet your first Megalodon.
- Shark Hunter Capstan - 49000 | Unwind this when the hunt is over and you have a Megalodon meat feast to cook!.
- Shark Hunter Wheel - 49000 | Take the helm of a shark-hunting vessel if you aren't afraid of needing a pegleg or two.
New Black Market Cosmetics[edit | edit source]
Desirables for Doubloons[edit | edit source]
This month, players will have to put aside 185 Doubloons if they want to buy all the new items from the Black Market.
Wild Rose Instruments[edit | edit source]
- Wild Rose Banjo - 25 | A pretty banjo that would be ideal for a little moonlight serenade.
- Wild Rose Concertina - 20 | One thing Rose never mastered was the concertina, since she couldn't have a hand free for battle.
- Wild Rose Drum - 25 | Geroge and Rose learnt to play drums from Merrick. Thankfully, they didn't summon any megalodons.
- Wild Rose Hurdy-Gurdy - 20 | This delicate instrument looks and sounds as elegant as Wild Rose herself.
Aristocrat Clothing[edit | edit source]
- Aristocrat Belt - 10 | Fine leather and a sturdy buckle to avoid embarrassing incidents whilst in high society.
- Aristocrat Boots - 10 | Boots so beautiful, your underlings will be lining up to lick them.
- Aristocrat Gloves - 10 | Gloves of such soft fabric, your opponent may not even realise they've been slapped with one.
- Aristocrat Trousers - 20 | They're not 'brown' trousers; rather, they're an exquisite melding of hand-picked, earthy hues.
- Aristocrat Eyepatch - 20 | A refined eyepatch that comes in handy should you ever lose your monocle due to surprise.
- Aristocrat Hook - 25 | Even those of noble bearing occasionally find themselves in need of a replacement limb.
Goodies for Gold[edit | edit source]
This month there are no Cosmetics for sale for Gold.
New October Emporium Items[edit | edit source]
Counting Bundles, players will have to put aside a total of Ancient Coins to purchase everything new added to the Emporium.
Pets[edit | edit source]
Skeleton Pets[edit | edit source]
- Skeleton Marmoset - 649 | Time-Limited | If you want an unsettling, eerie, impressive pet that never has to be fed, try a cursed Marmoset!
- Skeleton Cockatoo - 649 | Time-Limited | This skeletal Cockatoo is not only amazing to behold, but it also never poops on your shoulder.
- Skeleton Alsatian - 649 | Time-Limited | It's well known that dogs enjoy bones, but this skeletal sidekick has taken it a bit far.
- Skeleton Mau - 649 | Time-Limited | This pet is just as lively as a flesh-and-blood feline, and won't leave hair on the furniture.
Bundles[edit | edit source]
This bundle of paranormal pets offers a mighty selection of skinless sidekicks, as it contains a skeleton cat, dog, monkey and parrot. Almost as if there's a running theme!
- Total Bundle Cost - 1749 | Time-Limited
- Skeleton Mau
- Skeleton Alsatian
- Skeleton Cockatoo
- Skeleton Marmoset
For those pirates who like their four-legged friends on the larger side - and don't mind if they're a little hard to hug - this bundle bestows a skeleton cat and a skeleton dog.
One skeleton monkey and one skeleton parrot - if you prefer your pets pint-sized, this terrifying twosome will be ideal companions!
Pirates[edit | edit source]
- Lantern Dance Emote - 0 | Time-Limited Price | When things are gloomy, lighten the mood - and the room - with this cheerful dance.
A collection of four fateful Face Paints designed to send a shiver down the spine!
- Total Bundle Cost - 149
- Witch Markings Makeup - 49 | This design doesn't actually confer magical powers, but you can always lie and say it does.
- The Ferryman Makeup - 49 | Markings that make your pirate resemble the infamous Captain of the Ferry of the Damned.
- It’s Alive! Makeup - 49 | If you're feeling dead on your feet, this is a great way to go about expressing your mood.
- Raven Makeup - 49 | These moody markings are perfect for spooking your enemis, as well as any nearby poets.
A skellie will give you a hand in pulling off silly, scary antics using a brand-new prop.
- Total Bundle Cost - 499
- Skeleton Arm Shush Emote - 149 | When silence is essential, borrow someone else's finger to really make the point.
- Skeleton Arm Stamp Emote - 149 | Don't let this animated skeleton arm touch you! It's been on the dirty ground.
- Skeleton Arm Attack Emote - 149 | This skellie may have been disarmed, but it's still god plenty of fight left.
- Skeleton Arm Dance Emote - 149 | This is what skellies do when they're invited to a dance, but have no body to go with.
Ships[edit | edit source]
Celebrate the Festival of the Damned by giving your whole ship a macabre makeover.
- Total Bundle Cost - 2499
- Soulflame Figurehead - 599 | Which shipwright was brave enough to craft this fearsome figurehead? No-one will say...
- Soulflame Sails - 599 | Sails emblazoned with an image of the Well of Fates. Perfect for any aspiring soul collector.
- Soulflame Hull - 349 | Cloak your vessel in the sombre tones of the recently deceased. Morbid but effective!
- Soulflame Wheel - 349 | Keep your ship on course so you can celebrate Sea of the Damned without ending up there.
- Soulflame Cannons - 349 | Unleash the fury of the damned against your foes with these cadaverous cannons.
- Soulflame Capstan - 349 | This capstan is topped with ethereal fire. Try not to singe yourself when raising the anchor.
- Soulflame Flag - 349 | A single flame atop your mast helps cap off the ghoulish Soulflame ship set.
Collector’s Ship Pieces[edit | edit source]
- Collector’s Soulflame Figurehead - 799 | The Ferryman himself would be proud to sport this damned Figurehead on the Ferry's prow.
- Collector’s Soulflame Sails - 799 | The mask of a Soulflame Captain glowers balefully down from these scary sails.
This bundle contains four key items if you'd like your ship to look spookily supernatural!
- Total Bundle Cost - 1499 | Time-Limited Price
- Soulflame Figurehead
- Soulflame Sails
- Soulflame Hull
- Soulflame Flag
New November Emporium Items[edit | edit source]
The November 2020 patch introduced an additional batch of Cosmetics to the Pirate Emporium.
Pets[edit | edit source]
Hunter's Call Forager Pets[edit | edit source]
Haughty, majestic pets bred by the Hunter's Call, they enjoy the finer things in life.
- Hunter’s Call Forager Monkey - 649 | This whiskered emperor tamarin prefers the finest foods - just like Merrick and his family.
- Hunter’s Call Forager Parrot - 649 | The Hunter's Call are trying to train these birds to seek out quarry, without much success.
Rough and rugged, these hard-wearing outfits prove that your pet is not to be taken lightly.
- Wildcat Bone Crusher Outfit - 249 | Your trusty Wildcat will look even less tame when wearing this hardy outfit.
- Mau Bone Crusher Outfit - 249 | A pet as slinky as a Mau still looks ferocious in this bone-studded outfit.
- Ragamuffin Bone Crusher Outfit - 249 | Even a scruffy Ragamuffin can look somewhat stately in this commanding outfit.
- Alsatian Bone Crusher Outfit - 249 | Give your loyal Alsatian an edge against the elements with this sturdy outfit.
- Whippet Bone Crusher Outfit - 249 | This fine piece of clothing is as sleek as the Whippet that wears it.
- Inu Bone Crusher Outfit - 249 | Give a dog a bone - in fact, give your Inu several as part of this striking outfit.
- Capuchin Bone Crusher Outfit - 249 | This outfit suggests your Capuchin has survived more than its fair share of dangers...
- Marmoset Bone Crusher Outfit - 249 | A Marmoset with a hook for a paw? That should make climbing even easier...
- Barbary Bone Crusher Outfit - 249 | A tough leather jacket and hat will offer your Barbary some protection in a fight.
- Macaw Bone Crusher Outfit - 249 | A hat decorated with bones lends a scary, yet stylish, look to any Macaw.
- Parakeet Bone Crusher Outfit - 249 | Heavy leather straps help protect your Parakeet - but don't worry, it can still fly.
- Cockatoo Bone Crusher Outfit - 249 | This striking eyepatch and jacket shows your Cockatoo has been in a battle... or 'too.
Pirates[edit | edit source]
- Fightin’ Frog Flex Emote - 0 | Time-Limited Price | A pose that shows off your marauder's muscles, named after a trio of infamous brawlers.
A set of four Emotes that showcase the true versatility of the humble supply barrel.
- Barrel Balance Emote - 149 | Just because the barrel has been emptied of grog doesn't mean you can't have fun with it.
- Barrel Chug Emote - 149 | Use this to gently suggest that it might, just possibly, be time to visit the tavern.
- Barrel Push-Up Emote - 149 | Such balance! Such poise! Such reckless use of supplies! Don't crush the bananas...
- Barrel Lift Emote - 149 | On long Voyages, keep your physique at its peak with some improvised weight training.
The weapon you currently have equipped will decide the form of the daring pose you strike.
- Varied Cutlass Pose Emote - Bundle Only
- Varied Pistol Pose Emote - Bundle Only
- Varied Blunderbuss Pose Emote - Bundle Only
- Varied Eye of Reach Pose Emote - Bundle Only
Ships[edit | edit source]
The Fightin’ Frogs Set Ship has been added to the Emporium. Players can still receive all the regular Bundle Cosmetics by completing Act I of the 2020 video game Battletoads that is also available on Game Pass.
Fans of Battletoads will love this ship livery set that celebrates our amphibian heroes. Excludes Collector's variants.
- Total Bundle Cost - 2499
- Fightin’ Frogs Figurehead - 599 | Frogs were once revered as warrior spirits by the ancients. Invoke their fighting power!
- Fightin’ Frogs Sails - 599 | These sails were created by three friends, famous for their fighting skills... and skin conditions.
- Fightin’ Frogs Hull - 349 | This paint seems to give your ship a boost of amphibious power... but don't try to take it on land.
- Fightin’ Frogs Wheel - 349 | The wheel of choice for any ship that wants to look mean and green.
- Fightin’ Frogs Cannon - 349 | These mighty cannons pack a real punch... capable of blasting away the darkest of foes.
- Fightin’ Frogs Capstan - 349 | This capstan's frog ornaments look real enough to give you a nasty rash.
- Fightin’ Frogs Flag - 349 | Rats have a mysterious aversion to ships that fly this flag.
Collector’s Ship Pieces[edit | edit source]
- Collector’s Fightin’ Frogs Figurehead - 799 | Leap into battle with a figurehead that's sure to put the fear of frogs into any evil monarchs.
- Collector’s Fightin’ Frogs Sails - 799 | These sails announce your amphibious appreciation to the sea, the sky, the stars and beyond!
The core components of a Battletoads-themed ship set for crews who are cruisin' to bruise.
- Total Bundle Cost - 1499
- Fightin’ Frogs Figurehead
- Fightin’ Frogs Sails
- Fightin’ Frogs Hull
- Fightin’ Frogs Flag
Commendations, Achievements & Titles[edit | edit source]
Titles[edit | edit source]
The following are all the new Titles made available:
- Fated Slayer of Wild Shores - Completed all Goals in the Fate of the Wild Shores Challenge.
- Fated Slayer of Ancient Sands - Completed all Goals in the Fate of the Ancient Sands Challenge.
- Fated Slayer of Raging Skies - Completed all Goals in the Fate of the Roaring Skies Challenge.
- Fated Slayer of Wide Renown - Completed all Goals in the Defeat the Damned! Challenge.
- Fated Slayer of Dauntless Fury - Defeat 400 Shadows of Fate during the Fated Fortune Event.
- Supreme Fated Slayer - Completed all of the Weekly Challenges in the Fated Fortune Event!
Media[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Main Menu during the Content Update.