|This article is about Events held outside the game. For other types Events, see Events (Disambiguation).|
Events are various Competitions or Initiatives hosted by Rare Ltd and tracked through the Sea of Thieves website. These events usually reward Players with various bonuses, like double Gold, Doubloon and additional Reputation, or task them with completing various in-game tasks to receive rewards like unique Voyages, Cosmetics or additional Currencies.
Events can be viewed, with tracked progress the Event Hub on the official website.
Active Events[edit | edit source]
The following is a list of currently active events
Summer of Sea of Thieves[edit | edit source]
Players can track their progress through the official Summer Event page.
Daily Bounties[edit | edit source]
Daily Bounties are daily challenges or tasks that reward Players with a handful of extra Gold or Doubloons. These Bounties can range from interactions with Player Pirates to selling specific Treasure or completing different Encounters.
Gold Rush[edit | edit source]
Reapers vs Hoarders[edit | edit source]
Reapers vs Hoarders is active every Friday, during which the Gold Hoarders will pay their Emissaries extra gold for any loot, but beware - the Reaper's Bones will also be offering their Emissaries much more for any Gold Hoarders' Emissary flags, and their reward will get more generous with each passing week…
Previous Events[edit | edit source]
2020[edit | edit source]
- Gold & Glory (September 18th - September 21st, 2020)
- Wreck and Roll (August 19th - September 9th, 2020)
- Hunters of the Deep (August 26th - September 9th, 2020)
- The Hunters of the Deep event tasked players to complete goals and collect Shark Teeth in order to earn pieces of the Shrouded Ghost Hunter Set.
- Rare's 35th Anniversary (August 4th - August 25th)
- Players could complete five goals that honour video games from Rare Ltd's past. Completing each challenge grants gold and Doubloons. Completing all five goals rewards the Rare Legend Figurehead.
- Skull Sweep (July 22nd - August 19th)
- Held during Ashen Winds, Skull Sweep was active every Wednesday, during which Crews could earn more Reputation and Gold for selling Order of Souls related Treasure.
- Ashen Expeditions (June 17th - July 22nd)
- Held during the Haunted Shores Content Update, Ashen Expeditions was active every Tuesday, during which, Crews received double Gold for any sold Devil's Roar Treasure.
- Shark Hunt (June 24th - July 8th)
- Blighted Bonus (June 10th - June 16th)
- This event had players cash in 30 Treasure to specific Companies in exchange for Blighted Set Ship Cosmetics before they headed to the Pirate Emporium.
- Tall Tales Retold (June 4th - June 9th)
- Steam Launch Celebration (June 3rd - June 17th
- To celebrate the launch of Sea of Thieves' on Steam, Players could earn daily rewards via Twitch Drops for watching Partnered Streamers for at least 30 minutes or until they completed a Daily Bounty. The rewards were Mutinous Fist Set, Onyx Four Pack, and Emporium exclusive Emote Cosmetics.
- Fort Nights (May 27th - June 17th)
- Held during Lost Treasures, Fort Nights was active every Friday night, during which, Crews received a x3 multiplier for any sold Stronghold items (Stronghold Chest, Stronghold Skull, Crate of Ancient Bone Dust, Stronghold Gunpowder Barrel).
- Hunter's Haul (May 27th - June 17th)
- The second instance of this event had a single challenge of catching and selling 300 Ruby Splashtails for a reward of 150 .
- Reaper's Rewards (May 27th - June 8th)
- This two week Event tasked players with completing challenges for the Reaper's Bones to earn four new Reaper's Bones Set Emotes.
- Competition of Courage (May 7th - May 29th)
- This event tasked Players to complete various challenges in the Arena, rewarding them with Courage Set Cosmetics.
- Second Anniversary (March 19th - April 9th)
- To celebrate two years since Sea of Thieve's release, Players were given the opportunity to perform tasks relating to previous Content Updates from its first year, and be rewarded with time-limited cosmetics previously exclusive to those updates.
- The Hungering Deep Anniversary Event (March 19th - March 26th)
- This event offered daily tasks related to The Hungering Deep with the final reward being 15000 Gold and a re-release of the Drum of the Deep.
- Cursed Sails Anniversary Event (March 26th - April 2nd)
- This event offered daily tasks related to Cursed Sails with the final reward being 15000 Gold and a re-release of the Bone Crusher Sails.
- Forsaken Shores Anniversary Event (April 3rd - April 9th)
- Hunter's Haul (Feburary 23rd - March 9th)
- The Hunter's Haul tasked players to complete various challenges for The Hunter's Call to earn Doubloons and the Gold Hauler Figurehead.
2019[edit | edit source]
- Calendar of Giving (December 13th - 24th)
- This event acted as an "advent calendar" for Sea of Thieves, rewarding players with daily Voyages, Cosmetics or Currencies and bonus reward multipliers for logging in.
- Gold & Glory (April 10th - April 13th, 2020)
- Gold & Glory (October 29th - November 4th, 2020)
- Gold & Glory (March 15th - March 18th, 2020)