Creatures are Animals, Enemies, and decorative wildlife in Sea of Thieves.
Animals[edit | edit source]
With the exclusion of Fish, these are animals that are requested by the Merchant Alliance in Merchant Voyage. They can be found on islands, and can be captured in cages. Animal Locations are found on the Animal Locations page.
- Chicken: Passive animal that frequently clucks. It can be captured in a Chicken Coop. There are White Feathered Chickens, Red Speckled Chickens, Black Plumed Chickens, and Golden Chickens.
- Pig: Passive animal that requires constant feeding when captured. It is captured in a Pig Crate. There are Pink Bristled Pigs, Pink and Black Spotted Pigs, Black Pigs, and Golden Striped Pigs.
- Snake: Aggressive animal that will attack nearby players by spitting venom. It can be captured in a Snake Basket. Can be charmed with music. There are Blue Snakes, Red and White Striped Snakes, Black Scaled Snakes, and Golden Snakes.
- Fish: Passive animal that will not appear without a Fishing Rod. Found in any body of water big enough to cast in. Unlike other animals, Fish are turned into The Hunter's Call.
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Enemies are non-player characters (NPCs) that attack players.
- Skeletons: Living skeleton that can be unarmed, or wielding a Sword, Pistol, Blunderbuss, Eye of Reach, or carrying a Gunpowder Barrel and running towards you. Can also operate land based Cannons to shoot at Ships. Varying in health, as indicated by bandanas. Can eat bananas to recover health.
- Shark: Aquatic predator that bites off half a player's hit bar per hit. Requires roughly 4 cutlass strikes or bullet wounds to be killed.
- Skeleton Ship: Skeleton Galleons and Sloops can be spotted anywhere in the open world, distinguished by their blue and green lanterns and torn sails. Most skeleton ships out in the open are passive and sail from one island to next, however an aggressive Skeleton Ship can rise from the sea by a player ship.
Bosses[edit | edit source]
Bosses are npc's that are always lurking from beneath. Ready to come up at any time. However if you manage to take one out, there will be rewards for your victory. Things can vary from Foul skulls to Stronghold Chests. The rewards are almost always worth the risk. The bosses, as of now, consist of:
- Skeleton Fleet: Skeleton ships are ragged haunted boats crewed by skeletons. The larger skeleton galleons may roam the open seas passively, or aggressively spawn near your ship anywhere on the open seas, or spawning in waves during the battle underneath skeleton ship clouds. The smaller skeleton Sloop could previously only be seen spawning during the skeleton cloud battles but can now be found sailing anywhere in the world, even outside of events.
- Megalodon: The Megalodon is a monstrous shark that pops out of the ocean near player boats. All version will circle the ship, and if it is an aggressive version, it will move in to chomp your boat. With the Shrouded Spoils update there are several versions stalking the seas.
- Kraken: An aquatic monster always present in the world of Sea of Thieves, previously only attacking Galleons at random. With the Shrouded Spoils update it is able to attack any type of ship.
- Skeleton Lords: Fearsome skeletons that have great powers to summon skeletons, teleport, and send out an explosive shockwave. They appear only during Tall Tales during specific quests.
Pets[edit | edit source]
- Parrots: the large and bright Macaws, the small and vivid Parakeets and the proud Cockatoos.
- Monkeys: the short-haired Capuchins, the long-haired Barbarys and the agile Marmosets.
Environmental[edit | edit source]
Decorative wildlife that cannot be interacted with or killed.
- Bats: Found in caves. Also seen flying over islands in The Wilds.
- Fish: Found in the water near the shores of Islands. (Not to be confused with Fish that can be caught with a Fishing Rod)
- Seagulls: Flies above floating Barrels and Shipwrecks. A small flock over the ocean indicates floating barrels, and a large flock over the ocean indicates a shipwreck.
- Parrots: Flocks of Parrots fly randomly over Island areas.
Mermaid[edit | edit source]
A friendly mermaid arrives to rescue players from the ocean if they are in the water and far from their ship.