Crews of Rage (Content Update)
|Crews of Rage|
|Duration||February 19th - March 12th, 2020|
|← Previous||Next →|
|Legends of the Sea (Content Update)||Heart of Fire (Content Update)|
|“||Our second monthly content update of the year has arrived in the form of Crews of Rage! Alongside your usual round of new quality of life updates, feature fixes and new cosmetics added to the Pirate Emporium and Black Market, players can also enjoy the ability to change their pirate’s appearance as well a valuable (and temperamental) addition to the treasure trove of loot hidden across the Sea of Thieves...|
Crews of Rage is the name of the February 2020 Monthly Content Update, released on February 19th, 2020. It was preceded by the January Legends of the Sea (Content Update) and followed by the March 2020 Heart of Fire (Content Update).
- 1 New features
- 2 New Black Market items
- 3 New Emporium items
- 3.1 Pirate Appearance Potion
- 3.2 Pets
- 3.3 New Pirate items
- 3.4 Ships
- 4 New Commendations, Titles & Achievements
New features[edit | edit source]
Crew of Rage campaign[edit | edit source]
The recent return of a certain hot-headed Skeleton Lord is having fiery repercussions around the Sea of Thieves! Skeletons are flocking to Molten Sands Fortress while a new kind of Cursed Chest, the Chest of Rage, is heating things up when it blows its lid.
Chest of Rage[edit | edit source]
Rumours tell of a mysterious new Cursed Chest being protected by the skeletons of The Devil’s Roar. The Chest of Rage burns hotter and hotter over time, and players must manage the heat using water to prevent it from setting itself off! If the chest overheats, it releases a shockwave that sets fire to any nearby ships, players or skeletons. Attacking a Chest of Rage can also cause it to overheat, which can be used to your advantage...
The Gold Hoarders are eager to retrieve the Chests of Rage and will reward players with Reputation and Gold for their efforts. However, crews looking for a larger payout at the expense of rep can deliver these chests to the Masked Stranger at The Reaper's Hideout for double Gold!
Firebomb Crates[edit | edit source]
A new type of Resource Crate can be found as a part of the new Mercenary Voyages - Firebomb Crate. Use this Crate to store up to 20 Firebombs or sell a full Crate to the Merchant Alliance for Gold and Reputation
Raging Bounty Voyages[edit | edit source]
- Bounty of Raging Shores - Retrieve a Chest of Rage from The Devil's Roar, then hunt skeletons in The Shores of Plenty.
- Bounty of Raging Wilds - Retrieve a Chest of Rage from The Devil's Roar, then hunt skeletons in The Wilds.
- Bounty of Raging Ancients - Retrieve a Chest of Rage from The Devil's Roar, then hunt skeletons in The Ancient Isles.
- Legendary Bounty of Rage - Retrieve a Chest of Rage from The Devil's Roar, then hunt down skeletons across the seas.
Molten Sands Fortress[edit | edit source]
At the heart of heightened skeleton activity within The Devil’s Roar, Molten Sands Fortress is the only Skeleton Fort active in this update and sees Ashen Skeletons defending the Fort ferociously alongside Skeleton Lords. Crews willing to brave the flames and conquer the Fortress will be rewarded with Ashen Treasure along with a guaranteed Ashen Chest and the rumoured Chest of Rage, in addition to Skeleton's Orders leading to various Treasure items.
New Ashen Treasures[edit | edit source]
Duke and the Outpost stores both have new stocks of Ashen cosmetics, rewarding players for collecting the final volume of Ashen Tomes hidden inside recovered Ashen Chests. In the Crews of Rage update, players can recover new Tomes of Resurrection, giving them access to the final set of Commendations and Cosmetics including items from the Weapon and Ship sets. Players will also continue to find Tomes of Curses, Tomes of Power and Tomes of Fire, providing access to previous Ashen cosmetics.
Tomes of Resurrection[edit | edit source]
- Tome of Resurrection I - 10
- Tome of Resurrection II - 10
- Tome of Resurrection III - 10
- Tome of Resurrection IV - 10
- Tome of Resurrection V - 10
Ashen Dragon Cosmetics[edit | edit source]
- Flag of the Ashen Dragon - 2500 | The mark of The Ashen Dragon adorns this burned flag; it is a dark omen, but a bold statement.
- Cannons of the Ashen Dragon - 69950 | Like mythical dragons, these cannons spit forth death with booming fury.
- Capstan of the Ashen Dragon - 69950 | Flaming hot to the touch, this capstan really encourages the crew to wind faster.
- Wheel of the Ashen Dragon - 69950 | This scorched wheel once steered the accursed Ashen Dragon straight into legend.
- Figurehead of the Ashen Dragon - 69950 | This fierce dragon is said to be imbued with the flaming rage of the true master of the Ashen Fleet.
- Eye of Reach of the Ashen Dragon - 13400 | Rain down hot lead from a safe distance - nobody escapes the dragon.
Totaling 295,700 Gold
Ashen Key Stash Voyage[edit | edit source]
Duke has retrieved a stash of Ashen Keys and is offering them to players who need a quick route to opening their Ashen Chest. These Black Market Voyages can be purchased for Doubloons and are repeatable to your heart’s content!
- Ashen Key Stash Voyage - 99 | Follow the map to find an Ashen Key buried for safekeeping by the Bilge Rats.
The price of the existing Ashen Chest Stash Voyage has been increased from 30 Doubloons to 50 Doubloons.
New Legendary Cosmetics[edit | edit source]
- Parrot Hair - 27200 | Parrots know how to preen and look great. The same attitude could work wonders for your hair.
- Parrot Beard - 27200 | A beard that looks perfect, despite having a few seed casings scattered throughout.
- Kraken Hair - 27200 | Like the great Kraken, your hair is a tangled mass of grasping arms. No, wait, it's a compliment!
- Kraken Beard - 27200 | The beard of a pirate who fears no sea monster - until a tentacle grabs hold of it.
- Ocean Crawler Hair - 27200 | You've heard of the 'wet look'? Try the 'underwater look'.
- Ocean Crawler Beard - 27200 | Are you even a pirate if you don't have a few barnacles in your beard?
Totaling 163,200 Gold
X-Marks-The-Spot items[edit | edit source]
These two items are rewarded to everyone who played during January's Legends of the Sea (Content Update) at January 15 - January 22, 2020
- X Marks the Spot Sails - It's believed that 10 million pirates have sailed these seas. Maybe they buried some treasure?
- X Marks the Spot Emote - Make an X of solidarity with the 10 million pirates on the Sea of Thieves!
New Black Market items[edit | edit source]
While things are heating up in The Devil’s Roar, Duke has a new stash of Black Market items to tempt you for your hard-earned gold and Doubloons!
Desirables for Doubloons[edit | edit source]
This month, players will have to put aside 435 Doubloons if they want to buy all the new items from the Black Market.
Wild Rose Ship Cosmetics[edit | edit source]
Continuing the quest to complete unfinished sets, you can now acquire the remaining items of the Wild Rose Ship Set with your Doubloons: the Wild Rose Hull, Sails, Flag, Capstan, Cannons and Figurehead.
- Wild Rose Cannons - 40 | A perfect example of how the deadly and the delicate can meet as one.
- Wild Rose Capstan - 40 | Could this ruby-red capstan result in love at first wind for the pirates who turn it?
- Wild Rose Figurehead - 95 | A romantic figure, encouraging pirates to seek the good things in life, for the bad things come unbidden.
- Wild Rose Flag - 20 | This gentle rose is a reminder that peace and love will always have their place, no matter the odds against them.
- Wild Rose Hull - 75 | A bright red hull with a thorn motif, reminding pirates of that well-known warning about roses.
- Wild Rose Sails - 75 | The memory of Wild Rose will forever be honoured by the crimson bloom on these exquisite sails.
Totaling 345 Doubloons
Fearless Bone Crusher Instruments[edit | edit source]
Crafted from the bones of the dead! You can now pick up Fearless Bone Crusher instruments comprising the Fearless Bone Crusher Banjo, Concertina and Hurdy-Gurdy, all available for Doubloons.
- Fearless Bone Crusher Banjo - 25 | Crafted from the bones of the dead, this has a decidedly hollow twang.
- Fearless Bone Crusher Drum - 25 | Now this is a drum that will rattle your bones.
- Fearless Bone Crusher Concertina - 20 | Almost looks like it might start playing itself, doesn't it?
- Fearless Bone Crusher Hurdy-Gurdy - 20 | A skeleton hurdy-gurdy will surely play a tune loud enough to wake the dead.
Totaling 90 Doubloons
Goodies for Gold[edit | edit source]
This month, players will have to put aside 977,425 Gold to buy everything new from the Black Market.
Deep Ocean Crawler Clothing Set[edit | edit source]
How about something for your gold? This month follows the introduction of the Deep Ocean Crawler theme, now bringing in the full clothing set!
- Deep Ocean Crawler Belt - 9115 | With a crab claw clasp, this belt is as fun to say as it is to wear.
- Deep Ocean Crawler Boots - 9115 | Let's hope these crab boots don't make you walk sideways.
- Deep Ocean Crawler Gloves - 9115 | Make sure you check these gloves for hermit crabs before you put your hands in.
- Deep Ocean Crawler Trousers - 18225 | When you wake up and think 'I just really like crustaceans', these are the trousers for you.
- Deep Ocean Crawler Eyepatch - 20590 | A rather distinguished way to say that there's no part of the ocean you won't explore.
- Deep Ocean Crawler Hook - 27340 | You could really put the pinch on someone with this crab-claw hook...
- Deep Ocean Crawler Pegleg - 27340 | Walk tall on a crab claw, leaving some incredibly confusing tracks behind you.
- Deep Ocean Crawler Dress - 36450 | A beautiful dress of the crustacean persuasion. If only there was an underwater ball.
- Deep Ocean Crawler Jacket - 45565 | This jacket is colourfully crabby, perfect for exotic explorers.
- Deep Ocean Crawler Hat - 45900 | This hat marks you as a true underwater explorer and friend of little, shelly things.
Totaling 221,415 Gold
Deep Ocean Crawler Ship Set[edit | edit source]
Continuing the Deep Ocean Crawler theme, available this month for gold is the full ship set: the Deep Ocean Crawler Hull, Sails, Flag, Wheel, Capstan, Cannons and Figurehead.
- Deep Ocean Crawler Cannons - 82690 | Inspired by things that crawl and snap in the deep, these cannons will put the pinch on the enemy.
- Deep Ocean Crawler Capstan - 82690 | Try not to get seasick while turning this oceanic capstan!
- Deep Ocean Crawler Wheel - 82690 | Not necessarily the most pleasant wheel to the touch, but it seems to know its way around the seas.
- Deep Ocean Crawler Hull - 165375 | Decorate your own shell with something beautifully crustacean.
- Deep Ocean Crawler Figurehead - 165375 | A true ocean-going figurehead that will appease the denizens of the deep.
- Deep Ocean Crawler Sails - 165375 | You love the ocean and all that lives in it; why not tell the world?
- Deep Ocean Crawler Flag - 11815 | A fitting flag for any ship that does not fear the deep.
Totaling 756,010 Gold
New Emporium items[edit | edit source]
Counting Bundles, players will have to put aside a total of 11,178 Ancient Coins to purchase everything added to the Emporium (Note that Pet Outfits can only be purchased if the Player already owns the specific Pets).
Pirate Appearance Potion[edit | edit source]
Pirates now have access to a Pirate Appearance Potion, available within the Pirate Emporium for 149 Ancient Coins. This potion will allow a player to change their pirate’s appearance while retaining their currency, progress and purchases!
- Pirate Appearance Potion - 149 | Change your pirate's appearance, while keeping all progress. You must log in again to use this.
Pets[edit | edit source]
Cursed Pets[edit | edit source]
These pets may be cursed and rather creepy, but they still need a forever home!
- Reaper's Heart Monkey - 499 | This construct of dark magic will follow you forever. Sadly it doesn't fly, my pretty.
- Reaper's Heart Parrot - 499 | Dark magic was used to bring this cursed parrot to life, so it can serve you for eternity.
Ensure that your Admiral pets look ready for inspection!
- Capuchin Admiral Outfit - 249 | This juxtaposition of a cheeky monkey and a posh sailor outfit is basically permission to 'awww'.
- Barbary Admiral Outfit - 249 | This Barbary may in fact be capable of running a small navy. Are you going to tell it otherwise?
- Marmoset Admiral Outfit - 249 | An Admiral outfit for your Marmoset. Um... does that mean he outranks you now?
- Macaw Admiral Outfit - 249 | Put your Macaw in this outfit and it'll look twice as bossy as usual.
- Parakeet Admiral Outfit - 249 | Parakeets make natural leaders and dignified Admirals. No, we can't keep a straight face.
- Cockatoo Admiral Outfit - 249 | With this Admiral outfit, your Cockatoo will look more shipshape than half of your crew.
These outfits will make your pets even more adorable, so please brace yourself.
- Capuchin Rose Outfit - 249 | Capuchin? More like capturin' our hearts! Right?
- Barbary Rose Outfit - 249 | Barbary monkeys are quite tough-looking creatures. Soften those edges with this Rose outfit.
- Marmoset Rose Outfit - 249 | That's one sweet Marmoset. What a heartbreaker.
- Macaw Rose Outfit - 249 | Eight out of 10 Macaws prefer to be dressed like this, probably. We haven't actually asked yet.
- Parakeet Rose Outfit - 249 | No longer will your Parakeet be insufficiently floral.
- Cockatoo Rose Outfit - 249 | Give your Cockatoo a lovely flowery appearance, but don't lose it in the bushes.
Buy a Paradise Green Cockatoo and dress it as an Admiral with this bargain bundle!
When you want an Admiral outfit and you also need a monkey to put inside it!
New Pirate items[edit | edit source]
Reap some hearts with this bundle including a themed Cutlass, Eye of Reach, Pistol and Blunderbuss!
- Total Bundle Cost - 499
- Reaper's Heart Cutlass - 249 | A bit romantic, a bit wicked. For pirates with broken hearts, or who plan to break some.
- Reaper's Heart Pistol - 249 | There is a fine line between love and hate. Shooting someone tends to clarify things.
- Reaper's Heart Blunderbuss - 249 | Love brings pirates together. A blunderbuss blasts them apart.
- Reaper's Heart Eye of Reach - 249 | Shoot for the heart! If you miss, your bullet still lands among the vital organs.
These four emotes allow you and a pirate close to your heart to bring romance aboard your ship!
- Total Bundle Cost - 499
- I’m Flying! Emote - 149 | Stand at the prow and feel like you're flying!
- We're Flying! Emote - 149 | Stand behind a flying friend and fly together.
- Pirate Posing Emote - 149 | Paint me like one of the Ancients...
- Pirate Painting Emote - 149 | Pair this up with a posing friend, or simply stand on a hillside looking creative.
Embrace the poise and mystery of the Order of Souls with these four mystical emotes.
- Total Bundle Cost - 499
- Mystical Divination Emote - 149 | The art of necromancy can reveal the secrets of the dead, but do please wash your hands.
- Good Fortune Emote - 149 | The spirit of the departed has good news! Today it will not bite your fingers.
- Dire Omens Emote - 149 | The skull says 'no'! But what does this bonehead know, anyway?
- Talking Dead Emote - 149 | The Order of Souls often talk to the dead. Or maybe it's just a mystical in-joke. Hard to tell.
Ever wanted to express yourself in a Sea Dog sort of way? Stop barking, use these eight emotes!
- Total Bundle Cost - 999
- Sea Dog Cheer Emote - Bundle Only | Your praise is well-placed. Keep it coming! Bit louder!
- Sea Dog Clap Emote - Bundle Only | Show support with the swagger of a Sea Dog.
- Sea Dog Dance Emote - Bundle Only | This flamboyant dance is perfect for a Sea Dog. You don't do 'ordinary'.
- Sea Dog Point Emote - Bundle Only | Heyyyyyy!
- Sea Dog Make Friends Emote - Bundle Only | Sea Dogs make friends easily, though not always humbly.
- Sea Dog Sit Emote - Bundle Only | Even showing humility, Sea Dogs manage to look a bit fancy.
- Sea Dog Sleep Emote - Bundle Only | Sea Dogs get restless legs from the constant urge to show off.
- Sea Dog Wave Emote - Bundle Only | Catch someone's attention! What happens next depends on the kind of Sea Dog you are...
Ships[edit | edit source]
Paradise Garden Ship Collection[edit | edit source]
Brighten your ship with the Viva Piñata-inspired Paradise Garden Ship Set, plus Collector's items.
Fans of Viva Piñata can brighten the seas with this themed bundle, excluding Collector's items.
- Total Bundle Cost - 2499
- Paradise Garden Figurehead - 599 | A shipwright's impression of the majestic creatures that roam a mythical paradise island.
- Paradise Garden Sails - 599 | Nobody will miss your ship with sails like this! Do you feel the urge to party?
- Paradise Garden Hull - 349 | Pirate fables tell of a distant paradise inhabited by candy-filled creatures. Pirates drink a lot.
- Paradise Garden Wheel - 349 | A wheel inspired by the legend of Paradise Garden. May it steer you to trouble-free times!
- Paradise Garden Cannons - 349 | These cannons are almost too much fun to sink ships with! If only they could launch candy.
- Paradise Garden Capstan - 349 | May your ship be blessed by the aura of this legendary, cute and slightly scary bush beastie.
- Paradise Garden Flag - 349 | This flag may give people the impression that you're a fun-loving party pirate. Own it.
Collector’s Paradise Garden items[edit | edit source]
- Collector’s Paradise Garden Figurehead - 799 | Bring the creatures of legend to life with this marvellous multi-species figurehead!
- Collector’s Paradise Garden Sails - 799 | These bright colours pay homage to the mythical Paradise Garden, where it's always party time!
Valiant Dawn Sails[edit | edit source]
- Valiant Dawn Sails - 599 | Microsoft will donate all of the proceeds from the sale of this item to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (www.stjude.org). Visit www.seaofthieves.com/charities for terms and conditions.
New Commendations, Titles & Achievements[edit | edit source]
Commendations[edit | edit source]
Ashen Treasures Commendations[edit | edit source]
- Tome of Resurrection I → Sell the Tome of Resurrection I. | +15 | Unlocks Flag of the Ashen Dragon for purchase
- Tome of Resurrection II → Sell the Tome of Resurrection II. | +15 | Unlocks Cannons of the Ashen Dragon for purchase
- Tome of Resurrection III → Sell the Tome of Resurrection III. | +15 | Unlocks Capstan of the Ashen Dragon for purchase
- Tome of Resurrection IV → Sell the Tome of Resurrection IV. | +15 | Unlocks Wheel of the Ashen Dragon for purchase
- Tome of Resurrection V → Sell the Tome of Resurrection V. | +15 | Unlocks Figurehead of the Ashen Dragon for purchase
- Tome of Resurrection Collector → Sell all five Tomes of Resurrection. | +50 | Unlocks Eye of Reach of the Ashen Dragon for purchase
Crews of Rage Commendations[edit | edit source]
- Charred Bone Skeletons → Use fire against 3 Bone Skeletons at once, 10 times. | +5
- Raging Charred Bone Skeletons → Use fire against 3 Bone Skeletons at once, 50 times. | +10
- Scorched Skeletons → Use fire against 1,000 Skeletons. | +50
- Fried Plant Skeletons → Use fire against 3 Plant Skeletons at once, 10 times. | +10
- Raging Fried Plant Skeletons → Use fire against 3 Plant Skeletons at once, 50 times. | +25
- Melted Gold Skeletons → Use fire against 3 Gold Skeletons at once, 10 times. | +10
- Raging Melted Gold Skeletons → Use fire against 3 Gold Skeletons at once, 50 times. | +25
- Torched Shadow Skeletons → Use fire against 3 Shadow Skeletons at once, 10 times. | +10
- Raging Torched Shadow Skeletons → Use fire against 3 Shadow Skeletons at once, 50 times. | +25
- Fortress Inferno → Use fire against 5 skeletons at once, on an active Fort with another crew present. | +10
- Raging Fortress Inferno → Use fire against 5 skeletons at once, on an active Fort with another crew present, 10 times. | +25
- Fire Sale → Sell a Chest of Rage. | +5
- Blazing Fire Sale → Sell 3 Chests of Rage. | +15
- Raging Fire Sale → Sell 5 Chests of Rage. | +25
- Hot Goods → Sell a stolen Chest of Rage. | +10
- Blazing Hot Goods → Sell 3 stolen Chests of Rage. | +20
- Raging Hot Goods → Sell 5 stolen Chests of Rage. | +30
Mercenary Voyages Commendations[edit | edit source]
- Raging Battle of The Shores of Plenty → Complete a Raging Fire Bounty of The Shores of Plenty. | +5 | Time-limited
- Raging Battle of The Ancient Isles → Complete a Raging Fire Bounty of The Ancient Isles. | +5 | Time-limited
- Raging Battle of The Wilds → Complete a Raging Fire Bounty of The Wilds. | +5 | Time-limited
- Raging Battle of The Sea of Thieves → Complete a Raging Fire Bounty in each of the three main regions. | +5 | Time-limited
- Legendary Raging Battle → Complete a Legendary Raging Fire Bounty. | +5 | Time-limited
New Titles[edit | edit source]
The following are all the Titles introduced with the Crews of Rage Content Update.
|Raging Firestarter||Complete all Charred, Fried, Melted, Torched, Scorched Skeleton Fire, & Fortress Inferno commendations.|
|Scholar of Resurrection||Sell all 5 Tomes of Resurrection.|
New Achievements[edit | edit source]
A range of Achievements have been added with this Content Update:
- Tome of Resurrection I [5G]
- Tome of Resurrection II [5G]
- Tome of Resurrection III [5G]
- Tome of Resurrection IV [5G]
- Tome of Resurrection V [5G]
- Tome of Resurrection Collector [10G]