A variety of Creatures can be found in Sea of Thieves.
Quest Creatures[edit | edit source]
- Chicken: Passive animal that frequently clucks. It can be captured in a Chicken Coop. There are white feathered chickens, red speckled chickens, black plumed chickens, and golden chickens.
- Pig: Passive animal that requires constant feeding when captured. It is captured in a Pig Crate.
- Snake: Aggressive animal that will attack nearby players. It can be captures in a Snake Basket. Can be charmed with music.
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Enemies are non-player characters (NPCs) that attack players.
- Skeleton: Living skeleton that can be unarmed, or wields a Sword, Pistol, or Blunderbuss. Can also operate land based Cannons to shoot at Ships. Varying in health, as indicated by bandanas. Can eat bananas to recover health.
- Gold Skeleton: Gold Covered Skeleton that rusts when it touches water. This includes water thrown from a Bucket.
- Shadow Skeleton: Ghostly Skeletons that is far stronger in the dark. This advantage can be overshadowed should a player shine a Lantern on it.
- Overgrown Skeleton: Covered in plants, keep out of the water or else they gain health regen.
- Skeleton Captain: Elite skeleton with an authority-demanding hat. Much higher health than its lesser allies. It appears at the conclusion of Bounty Quests and Fortress raids. Drops either a Bounty Skull or a Vault Key.
- Shark: Aquatic predator that bites off half a player's hit bar per hit. Requires roughly 4 cutlass strikes or bullet wounds to be killed.
- Kraken: An aquatic monster always present in the world of Sea of Thieves.
Environmental[edit | edit source]
Animals that cannot be interacted with or killed.
- Bat: Found in caves
- Fish: Found in water
- Seagull: Flies above floating Barrels and Shipwrecks. A small flock over the ocean indicates floating barrels, and a large flock over the ocean indicates a shipwreck.
- Parrot: Flocks of Parrots fly randomly over Island areas.
Mermaid[edit | edit source]
A friendly creature that rescues players from the ocean if they are in the water and far from their ship. When interacted with, it will teleport players back to their ship, or to a new one if their old ship was sunk. Data mines have suggested that there will be hostile mermaids in the release of the game.