|Base Gold Reward|
Container Chests are containers that are for storing smaller Treasure Items in Sea of Thieves. When empty, these chests can be sold to Gold Hoarders, Merchant Alliance or Order of Souls Representatives. They can hold up to three small Transportable Items and can be hauled around like Treasure Chests allowing players to carry and transport these items in bulk.
Features[edit | edit source]
The most common Container Chests are Collector's Chests that can be found beached on or submerged in the coastlines of Islands or floating in Shipwrecks or Barrels of Plenty. They can also be acquired as rewards from Encounters or from Riddle Maps. Collector's Chests are unique in that they can spawn with 50-2000 Gold and with 0-3 random Trinkets, Bounty Skulls or Mermaid Gems inside.
Various different forms of Container Chests can be acquired through Tall Tales. The Tall Tale Container Chests Chests usually contain one or two Quest Items. Some of them need to be unlocked with 1-2 Keys.
Ashen Chests are found as a part of Ashen Guardian Riddles or from Skeleton Ships, Skeleton Fleets, or as a reward from a Skeleton Fort. [[ and are locked until opened with an Ashen Key. Ashen Chests contain a single guaranteed Ashen Tome in addition to a chance to find a pouch of 5 Doubloons, a pouch of 1000 Gold, a Ritual Skull, a Devil's Roar Trinket or other Ashen Tomes of different types. These Chests can only be sold to the Bilge Rats for 5 Doubloons.
All Container Chests give off a white glint, larger than typical Treasure Chest, which makes them more noticeable from a distance. In spite of this, these Chests conceal the gleam and glint of any items stored within. They also silence the whispering of any Bounty Skulls stored in them. Collector's Chests can be sold to the Gold Hoarders, Merchant Alliance, Order of Souls, Reaper's Bones or The Hunter's Call Representatives for Gold, but no Reputation.
Types[edit | edit source]
Apart from the basic Collector's Chest, there are various other designs of these chests that can be acquired through Tall Tales quests.
- Collector's Chest - Plain in appearance, this is most common version of the chest, found on or around Islands.
- Ashen Chest - Worth Ashen Guardian Riddle Maps or from Skeleton Ship Battles.
- Ancient Chest - Acquired as a part of The Shroudbreaker and Stars of a Thief Tall Tales.
- Skeleton Chest - Acquired as a part of the The Cursed Rogue and The Fate of the Morningstar Tall Tales.
- Briggsy's Chest - Acquired as a part of the The Legendary Storyteller Tall Tale.
- Chest of Memories - Acquired as a part of the Wild Rose Tall Tale.
- Morningstar Chest - Acquired as a part of the Revenge of the Morningstar Tall Tale.
- Old Sailor’s Chest - Acquired during the introductory Maiden Voyage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- These Chests were introduced with the Anniversary Update.
- The basic Collector's Chest was originally designed to award Gold to the first crew to open it after being found, this feature was finally added with the 2.0.9 Update. Before that, Collector's Chests were found empty.
- The default Collector's Chest used to be named Treasure Chest, but this was changed to avoid confusion with other Treasure Chests, however they are still referred to as a Treasure Chest in Pirate Chat Commands.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes single or multiple Items placed inside Collector's Chests disappear and won't allow any new items placed in that slot. The Items will reappear after some time.
- When viewed through walls, stationary objects, or water, the main container of Collector's Chests will sometimes shimmer, making it irregularly visible through walls. The lid of the container is not included in this effect.