The Collector's Chest is one of the Container Chests in Sea of Thieves, which is indicated by the shining white glint of Treasure Chests. Collector's Chests can be used to carry and transport smaller Treasure Items. Collector's Chests can be found all over The Sea of Thieves, sometimes empty, sometimes with Gold and 0-3 Treasure Items inside. Collector's Chests can be dug up by solving any Riddle Map. An empty Collector's Chest can be sold to either the Merchant Alliance, Gold Hoarders or Order of Souls for a handful of Gold.
Where to Find[edit | edit source]
Collector's Chests can be found in the following locations:
- Dug up as a Riddle Map reward.
- Randomly spawned buried on the shores of or submerged in the coasts surrounding any Island, excluding Outposts, Seaposts and Forts.
- Chance to find between the floating Barrels of Plenty.
- Random chance to spawn in Shipwrecks.
- Random chance to appear in Skeleton Ships.
- Random chance to appear in Skeleton Fortress Vaults.
- Random chance to be dropped by a Megalodon or Kraken.
- Guaranteed to spawn in the Fort of the Damned Vault with Treasure and Gold.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Collector's Chests can contain up to three Artefacts or Bounty Skulls along with Gold that can be collected without going to an outpost.
- Between Treasure).
- An empty Collector's Chest can be sold to any of the Outpost Trading Companies for around
- Not all Collector's Chests have items or Gold inside and may spawn empty.
- An empty Collector's Chest can store up to three smaller Treasure Items, such as Artefacts, Bounty Skulls, Mermaid Gems, Dark Relics, Keys or Treacherous Plunder.
- An empty Collector's Chest can also store most Tall Tale Quest Items.
- A Collector's Chest hides the glow and quells the sounds of the Treasure Items inside, however the Chest itself can be seen from far away by a white glint typical to Treasure Chests.
- Container Chests are usually used to transport three smaller Treasure Items at one time to save time on turning in.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Container Chests were added with the Anniversary Update along with various redesigned versions acquired during Tall Tales.
- Collector's Chests were initially called Treasure Chests in-game, however this was changed to avoid confusion with the Treasure Chest Item. Despite this, the Pirate Chat Wheel still refers to the item as a Treasure Chest.
- Before the 2.0.9 Update, Collector's Chests were always found empty. The Update added Collector's Chests as rewards for Riddle Maps with most of them spawning with Gold and Treasure inside.
- As of the 2.0.10 Update, any empty Container Chests can be sold to the three main Outpost Trading Companies for Gold and Reputation.