Chest of a Thousand Grogs
|Chest of a Thousand Grogs|
|Sell to||Hoarders or |
The Servant of the Flame
|Base Gold Reward|
The Chest of a Thousand Grogs is a Cursed Treasure Chest in Sea of Thieves, that causes its carrier to be drunk. Treasure Chests are locked with locks that can only be opened by Skeleton Keys held by Gold Hoarders on every Outpost. They are willing to buy these Chests for a fraction of their worth.
Cursed Effects[edit | edit source]
The Chest of a Thousand Grogs curses those who carry it with endless Grog drunkenness, causing the Player Pirate to have blurry vision, swaying side-to-side movement, and start hearing distorted sounds along with accompanying Concertina music to the tune of "Drunken Sailor". Jumps while holding the chest, a cheer will be heard, and an abrupt collision sound of a Concertina when touching ground.
The Chest will also affect Rowboat handling when a Player is paddling one while carrying the Chest on back.
Where to Find[edit | edit source]
The Chest of a Thousand Grogs can be found from the following sources:
- Chance to dig up from X Marks the Spot Maps received from Quests or Voyages
- Chance to dig up from X Marks the Spot Maps received from Emergent Skeleton Captain Skeleton's Orders Quests
- Chance to find hidden on Islands, excluding Outposts, Seaposts and Forts
- Chance to find beached above or below the shorelines of Islands, excluding Outposts, Seaposts and Forts
- Chance to find inside sunken Shipwrecks on the seas
- Chance to find among Barrels of Plenty floating on the open Seas
- Chance to find on Skeleton Ships
- Chance to find inside completed Skeleton Fort Vaults
- Possible reward for defeating a Kraken tentacle
- Possible reward for defeating a Megalodon
Rewards[edit | edit source]
The Chest of a Thousand Grogs can be sold to:
- Hoarders stationed at Gold Hoarders tents on Outposts for Gold and Gold Hoarders Reputation and Emissary Value (if sailing as a Gold Hoarders Emissary)
- The Servant of the Flame at The Reaper’s Hideout for Gold and Reaper's Bones Reputation and Emissary Value (if sailing as a Reaper's Bones Emissary)
The following is the reward chart for sold Grog Chests:
|Emissary Grade||Gold (Min.)||Gold (Max.)||Emissary Value|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Picking up and placing Treasure Chests on a Ship for the first time gives Emissary Grade Reputation to Trading Company Emissaries representing the Gold Hoarders or Reaper's Bones.
- All Treasure Chests emit a White Glint from a distance.
- Treasure Chests can be caught with a Harpoon.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The image on the chest is a cartoon of the famous Portuguese poet Luís Vaz de Camões, that wrote the famous book "Os Lusíadas" about the Portuguese conquests in the sea. He was famous for his drink habit and bar brawls.
- A female version of the Chest of a Thousand Grogs was planned. Players will sometimes see this version on the Chest Discovery notification when the chest is dug up.
- Sometimes when a Player picks up a Grog Chest, the "Drunken Sailor" tune will remain stuck on their character for all other Crew members as an auditory bug.
- The Chest actually contains 1000 Tankard's worth of Grog and can be emptied. Source Reddit.
Pirate Chat[edit | edit source]
Here is the Pirate Chat Wheel of the Chest of a Thousand Grogs:
Commendations[edit | edit source]
- Hoarder of Grog Soaked Gold → Sell 100 Chests of a Thousand Grogs to the Gold Hoarders
- Golden Tribute → Sell 600 Gold Hoarder Treasures while flying the Gold Hoarders Emissary Flag.
- Eminent Hoarder → Sell 320 Gold Hoarder Treasures while flying a Grade 5 Gold Hoarders Emissary Flag.
- Tributes Taken → Sell 480 Gold Hoarder Treasures to the Reaper's Bones
- Plundered Prizes → Sell 600 of any Trading Company items while flying the Reaper's Bones Emissary Flag.
- Fearless Reaper → Sell 320 of any Trading Company items while flying a Grade 5 Reaper's Bones Emissary Flag.
- Legendary Gold Hoarder → Sell 500 Chests as a Pirate Legend | Unlocks the Legendary Shovel and Legendary Compass for purchase