Chest of a Thousand Grogs
|Chest of a Thousand Grogs|
Where to Find
Like most Treasure Chests, the Chest of a Thousand Grogs can be found:
- During Gold Hoarders voyages.
- Randomly spawned on the shores of any island, excluding Outposts and Seaposts.
- Randomly spawned on islands, excluding Outposts, Seaposts and Forts.
- Random chance to spawn in Shipwrecks, Skeleton Ships.
- Chance to drop after defeating a Kraken tentacle or Megalodon.
- Chance to be uncovered from a Skeleton’s Orders Treasure Map.
- The player carrying a Chest of a Thousand Grogs suffers the effects of being very drunk on Grog: They have difficulty walking straight, stumble around, and hear drunken bar sounds, such as distorted music and bar chatter, also, as a result of the player jumping while holding the chest, the bar chatter makes an abrupt cheer and collision sound upon player's impact with the ground.
- Rowboat handling is effected when carrying the chest on your back.
- You are able to refill your Tankard At The Chest of a Thousand Grogs
The Unique Pirate Chat dialogue option for the Chest of a Thousand Grogs is: "I can't carry on..."
- The Reward shown is an estimate of minimum and max value when sold.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The image on the chest is a cartoon of the famous Portuguese poet Luís Vaz de Camões, that wrote the famous book "Os Lusíadas" about the Portuguese conquests in the sea. He was famous for his drink habit and bar brawls.
- A female version of the Chest of a Thousand Grogs was planned. Players will sometimes see this version on the Chest Discovery notification when the chest is dug up.