Chest of Sorrow
|Chest of Sorrow|
Where to Find
Like most Treasure Chests, the Chest of Sorrow can be found:
- During Gold Hoarders voyages.
- Randomly spawned on the shores of any island, excluding Outposts, Seaposts and Forts.
- Randomly spawned on islands, excluding Outposts, Seaposts and Forts.
- Random chance to spawn in Shipwrecks.
- Chance to drop after defeating a Kraken tentacle or Megalodon.
- Chance to be uncovered from a Skeleton’s Orders Treasure Map.
The Unique Pirate Chat dialogue option for the Chest of Sorrow is: "I can't carry on..."
- The Reward shown is an estimate of minimum and max value when sold.
- The Chest of Sorrow sobs periodically, releasing a high volume of water onto the ship carrying it. Water must be continually bailed out via Buckets while it does this, and/or the chest must be held offdeck. It can be carried along the outer ladders, or on a detached rowboat.
- The chest also attempts to "swim away" if dropped into the sea, so it cannot be stored in the water while players explore islands. A player must generally stay behind to care for the chest, or it can be placed on land.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A female version of the Chest of Sorrow was originally planned.
- The chest leaves a puddle of tears around it when crying inland.
- The Chest has come to be known colloquially as the "Kevin" chest, in recognition of one legendarily whiny pirate. "Kevinning" opposing ships is often used as a shorthand for using the CoS to sink another ship.