Chest of Rage
|Chest of Rage|
|Sell to||Hoarders or |
The Servant of the Flame
|Base Gold Reward||3000-3500|
The Chest of Rage is a Cursed Treasure Chest in Sea of Thieves. It boils with rage until eventually exploding with a burst of fire. Treasure Chests are locked with locks that can only be opened by Skeleton Keys held by Gold Hoarders on every Outpost. They are willing to buy these Chests for a fraction of their worth.
Cursed Effects[edit | edit source]
The Chest of Rage acts as an opposite to the Chest of Sorrow. If left unattended, the Chest of Rage will start heating up with fire, until it starts glowing and steaming and ultimately explodes from Rage. This explosion will leave large swathes of Fire around it, damaging any Creatures or Player Pirates, Gunpowder Barrels and Ships in range. The chest can be cooled with water, either from dropping it in the Ocean or in water on the bottom deck of the hull, or bailing Water on it with a Bucket.
It takes 2 minutes for the chest to go from its dormant state to exploding with Rage.
The Chest will heat up faster when sustaining damage. Continuously hitting the chest with a Cutlass will make it explode in just 10 seconds.
Where to Find?[edit | edit source]
Chests of Rage can be found from the following sources:
- 1 Guaranteed inside a Molten Sands Fortress Skeleton Fort Vault
- Guaranteed during time-limited Crews of Rage Mercenary Voyages
- Chance to dig up from X Marks the Spot Maps received from Quests or Voyages
- Chance to find beached on Islands
- Chance to find on Skeleton Ships
- Possible reward for defeating a Kraken tentacle
- Possible reward for defeating a Megalodon
- Chance to find inside sunken Shipwrecks on the seas
- Chance to find floating with Barrels of Plenty
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Rage Chests can be sold to:
- Hoarders stationed at Gold Hoarders tents on Outposts for Gold and Gold Hoarders Reputation and Emissary Value (if sailing as a Gold Hoarders Emissary)
- The Servant of the Flame at The Reaper’s Hideout for Gold and Reaper's Bones Reputation and Emissary Value (if sailing as a Reaper's Bones Emissary)
The following is the reward chart for sold Rage Chests:
|Emissary Grade||Gold (Min.)||Gold (Max.)||Emissary Value|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Picking up and placing Treasure Chests on a Ship for the first time gives Emissary Grade Reputation to Trading Company Emissaries representing the Gold Hoarders or Reaper's Bones.
- All Treasure Chests emit a White Glint from a distance.
- Treasure Chests can be caught with a Harpoon.
- The Chest of Rage can be cooled by rainwater from Storms.
- The Chest will get agitated from Geysers found in The Devil's Roar.
- When the Chest of Rage is left in water in a Ship's Hull, the water will eventually start boiling, scalding the player and allowing the Chest to keep heating up again.
- The Chest of Rage will still heat up when held on a Harpoon.
- The Chest's explosion will burn most of the Ship's deck even when held up top on the Crow's Nest.
- The Chest of Rage spawned in the Fortress Vault of Molten Sands Fortress will lie dormant until picked up.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Currently, the best spot to keep Chests of Rage is on top of Barrels in the bottom decks with a couple of Bucket's worth of Water below. A Chest won't set the deck on fire as they are not on the deck. Any players in the vicinity will however take Fire Damage.
- You can douse a Chest of Rage with a Bucket of Vomit.
Pirate Chat[edit | edit source]
Here is the Pirate Chat Wheel of the Chest:
Commendations[edit | edit source]
- Golden Tribute → Sell 600 Gold Hoarder Treasures while flying the Gold Hoarders Emissary Flag.
- Eminent Hoarder → Sell 320 Gold Hoarder Treasures while flying a Grade 5 Gold Hoarders Emissary Flag.
- Tributes Taken → Sell 480 Gold Hoarder Treasures to the Reaper's Bones
- Plundered Prizes → Sell 600 of any Trading Company items while flying the Reaper's Bones Emissary Flag.
- Fearless Reaper → Sell 320 of any Trading Company items while flying a Grade 5 Reaper's Bones Emissary Flag.
- Legendary Gold Hoarder → Sell 500 Chests as a Pirate Legend | Unlocks the Legendary Shovel and Legendary Compass for purchase
- Fire Sale → Sell a Chest of Rage. | +5
- Blazing Fire Sale → Sell 3 Chests of Rage. | +15
- Raging Fire Sale → Sell 5 Chests of Rage. | +25
- Hot Goods → Sell a stolen Chest of Rage. | +10
- Blazing Hot Goods → Sell 3 stolen Chests of Rage. | +20
- Raging Hot Goods → Sell 5 stolen Chests of Rage. | +30