|Related||The Cursed Rogue Tall Tale|
|“||"Today you have the honor of dying at the hands of Captain Briggsy!"|
|— Captain Briggsy, on the offensive|
Captain Briggsy is a Skeleton Lord who is the final boss of The Cursed Rogue Tall Tale. Once killed, she will drop Briggsy's Skull, which has to be returned to Madame Olivia at Plunder Outpost to finish the Tale.
Background[edit | edit source]
Briggsy was a famed adventurer that once pursued the legendary Shores of Gold and the Shroudbreaker artefact. After finding the island, she became trapped and slowly fell under the skeleton curse. She met the Gold Hoarder, who promised a cure should she follow his orders. Suspecting that the Shroudbreaker would be the key to a cure, Briggsy secretly disassembled and hid its pieces across the Sea of Thieves. Despite her notoriety as a Skeleton Lord, she reserves great shame for her downfall.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Captain Briggsy can only appear once players have acquired the Enchanted Compass from Madame Olivia during The Cursed Rogue Tall Tale. The Compass will point the Crew towards one of the possible Large Islands where Briggsy is hiding. The following Islands have been reported to be the locations of Briggsy's boss fight: Lone Cove, Cannon Cove, Wanderer's Refuge, Mermaid's Hideaway, Discovery Ridge, Shipwreck Bay, The Crooked Masts, Kraken's Fall.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Like other Skeleton Lords, Captain Briggsy acts as a boss fight with a large amount of health and a range of various Skeleton Lord abilities at her disposal:
- She can switch between the Pistol, Blunderbuss and Cutlass depending on the player's range.
- A high-damage stomp attack. She will rise up, and slam the ground sending all nearby players backwards into the air, dealing increasing damage depending on your proximity to the boss. This attack may cause additional fall damage.
- Summon Skeletons; this allows the Skeleton reinforcements to overwhelm the enemy for her.
- Teleport; a defensive ability. She will take out a Disgraced Bounty Skull, perform an incantation, then retreat into the ground for a short time before popping up in a new location.
- Eat a Banana to supposedly regenerate lost heath. The amount of health regenerated (if any) is currently unknown. It may be that the purpose of this action is to show her getting low on health.
Notes and Tips[edit | edit source]
- As with other Tall Tale Skeleton Lords, Briggsy's health scales with the amount of players on the Island when the fight is started.
- Briggsy is a Gold Skeleton and is slowed down when exposed to water.
- Gunpowder Barrels are an effective tool to deal large amounts of damage at once.
- When Briggsy summons reinforcements, larger Crews should dedicate one member to eliminate the firearm Skeletons, and another to to pull the Skeletons away from Briggsy while the rest work on killing the boss.
- A good strategy would be to lure her in range of the ship's Cannons to kill her faster.
- If you’re by yourself you can kill her with 5 gunpowder barrels around 5 feet if she’s too far it will just damage her and not kill her.