|Sell to||Hoarders or |
The Servant of the Flame
|Base Gold Reward|
The Captain’s Chest is a type of Treasure Chest in Sea of Thieves. Treasure Chests are locked with locks that can only be opened by Skeleton Keys held by Gold Hoarders on every Outpost. They are willing to buy these Chests for a fraction of their worth.
Where to Find[edit | edit source]
Captain's Chests can be found from the following sources:
- Chance to dig up from X Marks the Spot Maps received from Quests or Voyages
- Chance to dig up from X Marks the Spot Maps received from Emergent Skeleton Captain Skeleton's Orders Quests
- 20 Guaranteed from Gold Hoarders Emissary Quest Treasure Maps
- 40 Guaranteed from Gilded Hoard Voyage Treasure Maps
- Chance to find hidden on Islands, excluding Outposts, Seaposts and Forts
- Chance to find beached above or below the shorelines of Islands, excluding Outposts, Seaposts and Forts (Shipwrecked version)
- Chance to find inside sunken Shipwrecks on the seas (Shipwrecked version)
- Chance to find among Barrels of Plenty floating on the open Seas
- Chance to find on Skeleton Ships (Shipwrecked version)
- Chance to find inside completed Skeleton Fort Vaults
- Possible reward for defeating a Kraken tentacle
- Possible reward for defeating a Megalodon
- Guaranteed reward for various Mercenary Voyages that were available for a limited time
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Captain's Chests can be sold to:
- Hoarders stationed at Gold Hoarders tents on Outposts for Gold and Gold Hoarders Reputation and Emissary Value (if sailing as a Gold Hoarders Emissary)
- The Servant of the Flame at The Reaper’s Hideout for Gold and Reaper's Bones Reputation and Emissary Value (if sailing as a Reaper's Bones Emissary)
The following is the reward chart for sold Captain's Chests:
|Emissary Grade||Gold (Min.)||Gold (Max.)||Emissary Value|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Picking up and placing Treasure Chests on a Ship for the first time gives Emissary Grade Reputation to Trading Company Emissaries representing the Gold Hoarders or Reaper's Bones.
- Shipwrecked versions of Treasure Chests have the same value as regular Treasure Chests, but count for a different Gold Hoarders Commendation. The only difference is visual, only showing up as "Shipwrecked" when sold.
- There is an Ashen version of this Chest, worth roughly double the regular Chest, which can be commonly uncovered from Ashen Treasure Maps or found in The Devil's Roar Region, but are not limited to these sources.
- All Treasure Chests emit a White Glint from a distance.
- Treasure Chests can be caught with a Harpoon.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before the Reaper's Bones set up shop at The Reaper’s Hideout, Captain's Chests could be sold for double Gold to the Masked Stranger on the Island for a limited time.
- The Arena Game Mode trailer showed players interacting with Captain's Chests in matches instead of Sea Dog Chests and Glorious Sea Dog Chests
Related Commendations[edit | edit source]
- Hoarder of the Captain's Gold → Sell 360 Captain's Chests to the Gold Hoarders
- Hoarder of Barnacled Gold → Sell 300 Shipwrecked Chests to the Gold Hoarders (only for Shipwrecked version)
- Golden Tribute → Sell 600 Gold Hoarder Treasures while flying the Gold Hoarders Emissary Flag.
- Eminent Hoarder → Sell 320 Gold Hoarder Treasures while flying a Grade 5 Gold Hoarders Emissary Flag.
- Tributes Taken → Sell 480 Gold Hoarder Treasures to the Reaper's Bones
- Plundered Prizes → Sell 600 of any Trading Company items while flying the Reaper's Bones Emissary Flag.
- Fearless Reaper → Sell 320 of any Trading Company items while flying a Grade 5 Reaper's Bones Emissary Flag.
- Legendary Gold Hoarder → Sell 500 Chests as a Pirate Legend | Unlocks the Legendary Shovel and Legendary Compass for purchase
Pirate Chat[edit | edit source]
Here is the Pirate Chat Wheel of the Chest: