Where to find them[edit | edit source]
Every Ship starts out with an initial stock of 2 Blunderbombs stashed in each of the Ship's Cannonball Barrels. Additional Blunderbombs can be found in Resource Barrels (especially Cannonball Barrels), Storage Crates and Rowboat Chests all over The Sea of Thieves. Blunderbombs can also be unloaded from previously loaded Cannons.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Blunderbombs can be thrown in a short arc by a player using the
Primary Use key. If the key is held, the pirate will perform a short windup animation, although it does not appear to affect the bomb's trajectory. They can also be loaded into cannons like Cannonballs and fired at greater distances. On impact with a surface, the Blunderbomb will shatter, creating a small grenade-like explosion, launching Blunderbuss pellets in every direction, while dealing damage and knocking anyone in the vicinity back.
Blunderbombs can be used to kill most Skeletons in one direct hit, set off Gunpowder Barrels and knock anyone close to it back from a strategic position. A Blunderbomb can deal up to 50% Damage to a Player upon a direct hit. Players in the splash damage radius take 15% Damage. It can also be used to damage players through the walls of Ships, although the damage may be somewhat reduced. When shot out of a Cannon, a Blunderbomb can be shot from a distance. Any cannoned Blunderbomb that hits a Ship will knock the Ship back as if the Ship were hit by a Gunpowder Barrel Explosion. A Blunderbomb does no damage to a Ship.
Storage[edit | edit source]
- Up to 5 Throwables can be held in a player's inventory at one time.
- A single Blunderbomb can be loaded into any Cannon, signified by a fuse appearing on the back end of the Cannon.
- Up to 99 Blunderbombs can be stored in one storage space of a Barrel at a time. A single Ship's Cannonball Barrel can carry up to 3 pages worth (i.e. 4752) of Blunderbombs.
- Up to 20 Blunderbombs can be stored in one storage space of the Rowboat Chest. A single Rowboat's Chest can carry a maximum of 2 pages worth (i.e. 640) of Blunderbombs.
- Up to 99 Blunderbombs can be stored in one storage space of a Storage Crate. A single Storage Crate can carry up to 1584 Blunderbombs.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Blunderbombs cannot be placed inside a Cannonball Crate nor a Firebomb Crate.
- Blunderbombs can be used to knock people off a Ship's ladder, helm, capstan, or sails.
- Blunderbombs will set off Gunpowder Barrels.
- When timed right, a single cannon-fired blunderbomb can knock the enemy ship up, throwing off the enemy's ability to return fire.
In-Game Description[edit | edit source]
Pirates love chaos, confusion and explosions. It must be your lucky day.