Summary[edit | edit source]
The Black Market is where the Bilge Rats peddle their wares, services and Voyages for Bilge Rat Doubloons and Gold. Since Doubloons are rewarded for overcoming special feats for the Bilge Rats, the Black Market is the main place where they can be used as a Currency. In the Market, Players can buy Mercenary Voyages for Bilge Rat Doubloons or Gold that take them on unique Bilge Rat Adventures or simply offer access to hidden Stashes with useful Treasure items for a fee. Players can also exchange their hard earned Doubloons for Letters of Recommendation for some of the Trading Companies. These Letters are written by Duke and have the power to convince a single Trading Company of raising a Pirate's Reputation Rank by one. Duke is also willing to exchange Doubloons for Gold. Aside from these services, the Black Market also offers unique Cosmetic Sets for high prices. These Sets are discounted during the month that they are introduced. As new stock arrives, the old stock moves into the Black Market Archive at a raised price.
NPCs[edit | edit source]
- Duke - Main curator of the Black Market.
- Stitcher Jim - stand-in attendant for Duke's absence during The Seabound Soul & Festival of Giving.
- Larinna- Founder of the Bilge Rats and current owner of the black market after Duke retired to Lagoon of Whispers.
Mercenary Voyages[edit | edit source]
Mercenary Voyages offer more adventurous ways to earn rewards and reputation from the Trading Companies.
These voyages are tied to the current Events and will often contain mixed quests, sending Crews towards the newest additions to the game as an introduction to new mechanics or themes.
Current Mercenary Voyages[edit | edit source]
- A Mysterious Vault Key Located by Larinna - 0 | Borrow the Golden Wayfinder to locate a Vault Key of unknown value.
Desirables for Doubloons[edit | edit source]
Cosmetic items sold here are often new recoloured pieces, or missing pieces, from previous Cosmetic Sets which were offered for Doubloons or as rewards. Each time new stock becomes available, the old selection moves to the Black Market Archive at a raised price.
Permanent Voyages[edit | edit source]
- Athena’s Run of Thieves’ Haven - 50 | Only Legends can lead a crew into this deadly five-chapter gauntlet set around Thieves’ Haven. | (Purchasable by Pirate Legends only.)
- Ashen Chest Stash Voyage - 50 (Can also be purchased in Goodies for Gold for 65000 )
- Ashen Key Stash Voyage - 99
- Skull Stash Voyage - 40 (Only one can be purchased per month)
Letters of Recommendation[edit | edit source]
- Letter of Golden Recommendation - 30 (One Reputation level with the Gold Hoarders)
- Letter of Mystical Recommendation - 30 (One Reputation level with the Order of Souls)
- Letter of Formal Recommendation - 30 (One Reputation level with the Merchant Alliance)
- Letter of Culinary Recommendation - 30 (One Reputation level with the Hunter's Call)
- Letter of Glorious Recommendation - 30 (One Reputation level with the Sea Dogs)
Cosmetics[edit | edit source]
Currency Exchange[edit | edit source]
- Explorer’s Stash: Trade 25 for 2500
- Adventurer’s Loot: Trade 35 for 5000
- Bilge Rat’s Hoard: Trade 50 for 10000
Goodies for Gold[edit | edit source]
Special items that you can buy with Gold.
Cosmetic items sold here are often new recoloured pieces based on previously released Cosmetic Sets that have been sold for gold. Each time new stock becomes available, the old selection moves to the Black Market Archive at a raised price.
Permanent Stash Voyages[edit | edit source]
Cosmetics[edit | edit source]
- Deep Ocean Crawler Set
- Inky Kraken Set
- Nightshine Parrot Set
- Wild Rose Set
- Redcoat Executive Admiral Set
- Dirty Rotten Bilge Rat Set
- Stonewall Imperial Sovereign Set
- Crimson Corsair Sea Dog Set
Black Market Archive[edit | edit source]
The Black Market Archive contains all of the previously discounted Cosmetic Set items that have been introduced during Content Updates. All items here are full-priced, but can be purchased for a discount during the Content Update they were introduced at.