Ashen Winds Skull
|Ashen Winds Skull|
|Company||Order of Souls|
|Sell to||Madames or |
The Servant of the Flame
|Base Gold Reward||2000-5000|
The Ashen Winds Skull is a special type of Bounty Skull in Sea of Thieves. Ashen Winds Skulls are the remains of a defeated Ashen Lord. The power of the defeated Ashen Lords still course through the Skull, allowing Player Pirates to harness its power and blow Fire out of the Skull when holding it. However, the Skulls have a limited charge and will lose their power after the flame crystals are used up. These Skulls are very valuable to the Order of Souls Madames stationed at Outposts, who are willing to buy them from Crews in exchange for Gold and Reputation (and Emissary Value when sailing as Order of Souls Emissaries). The worth of the skull is dependent on its flame charge - an unused skull will be more valuable than an used one, with a completely depleted Ashen Winds Skull rewarding considerably less Gold, Rep and Emissary Value.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
While Ashen Winds Skulls mostly act identical to all Treasure Items, they are unique in that they can also be used as a Weapon. Every Ashen Skull has a "Flame Charge", which is signified by the crystals on the skull itself. When held in hand, Players can make the Skull spew Fire by holding down Primary Interact ( / by default). The Flamethrower attack will set Fire to anything that gets in its path, including Ship surfaces and Players. The attack itself doesn't deal any major damage. As the Skull is used, the crystals will start to dim until the skull will run out of charge and lose its glow. At this point, it can no longer be used as a weapon. It takes roughly 45 seconds to deplete the Skull's charge.
Where to Find[edit | edit source]
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Ashen Winds Skulls can be sold to:
- Madames stationed inside Order of Souls tents on Outposts for Gold and Order of Souls Reputation and Emissary Value (if sailing as an Order of Souls Emissary).
- The Servant of the Flame at The Reaper’s Hideout for Gold and Reaper's Bones Reputation and Emissary Value (if sailing as a Reaper's Bones Emissary).
The value of an Ashen Winds Skull is dependent on its "Charge". The Skull is worth its max base value when unused and its minimum base value when completely depleted of its Fire Breath charge.
The following is the reward chart for the Skull:
|Emissary Grade||Gold (Min.)||Gold (Max.)||Emissary Value|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Picking up and placing Bounty Skulls on a Ship for the first time gives Emissary Grade Reputation to Trading Company Emissaries representing the Order of Souls or Reaper's Bones.
- Bounty Skulls can be placed inside any Container Chests. These Chests hide their glow and allow Players to carry up to three small Treasure items.
- Unlike other Bounty Skulls with a greenish glow, the Ashen Winds Skull emits an orange glow, but also has the White glint of regular Treasure items.
- The Ashen Winds Skull has a different whisper to it than other Bounty Skulls.
- All Bounty Skulls can be caught with a Harpoon.
- The Skull's Fire Breath cannot light Beacons or Campfires.
Commendations[edit | edit source]
- Gathering Secrets → Sell 600 Order of Souls Treasures while flying the Order of Souls Emissary Flag.
- Honoured Mystic → Sell 320 Order of Souls Treasures while flying a Grade 5 Order of Souls Emissary Flag.
- Secrets Stolen → Sell 480 Order of Souls Treasures to the Reaper's Bones
- Plundered Prizes → Sell 600 of any Trading Company items while flying the Reaper's Bones Emissary Flag.
- Fearless Reaper → Sell 320 of any Trading Company items while flying a Grade 5 Reaper's Bones Emissary Flag.
- Legend of the Mystical Order → Sell 500 Bounty Skulls as a Pirate Legend | Unlocks the Legendary Tankard and Legendary Lantern for purchase
- Hunter of the Ashen Winds → Sell 25 Ashen Winds Skulls | Unlocks the Sails of the Ashen Winds for purchase
- Skull of Fire → Sell a fully ignited Ashen Winds Skull
- Ashen Bones → Set fire to 20 Skeletons with the Ashen Winds Skull
- Captain of Ashen Bones → Set fire to 100 Skeletons with the Ashen Winds Skull
- Warsmith of the Flame → Set fire to 10 Skeleton Ships with the Ashen Winds Skull | Unlocks the Warsmith of the Flame Title
Pirate Chat[edit | edit source]
Here is the Pirate Chat Wheel of the Skull: