|Duration||July 29th - September 9th 2020|
|← Previous||Next →|
|Haunted Shores||Vaults of the Ancients|
|“||Through the treachery of Stitcher Jim and the efforts of all those pirates duped into helping him, Captain Flameheart has amassed the Tomes, Jewels and other ritual ingredients needed to raise up his most loyal followers as fiery Ashen Lords.|
Ashen Winds is the name of the July 2020 Monthly Content Update, released on July 29, 2020. Ashen Winds introduces the new Ashen Winds (World Event) where Player Crews have to face Flameheart's Ashen Lords. The event rewards Crews with the Ashen Winds Skull Treasure Item that can also be used as a Weapon. Ashen Winds was preceded by the June 2020 Haunted Shores Content Update and followed by the September 2020 Vaults of the Ancients Content Update.
- 1 New Features
- 2 New Outpost Cosmetics
- 3 New Black Market Cosmetics
- 4 New Emporium Items
- 5 Commendations, Achievements & Titles
New Features[edit | edit source]
Ashen Winds World Event[edit | edit source]
Four new Skeleton Lords known as the Ashen Lords of Captain Flameheart enter the Sea of Thieves. They are being summoned as a part of a new Ashen Winds ritual signified by a massive fiery Tornado on the horizon. These Lords have various Fire based attacks, with the event rewarding players with various Devil's Roar variants of Treasure items as well as the new Ashen Winds Skull.
Ashen Winds Skull[edit | edit source]
The new World Event also sees the introduction of a new Bounty Skull belonging to the Ashen Lords - the Ashen Winds Skull. This Skull can either be sold to the Order of Souls or Reaper's Bones for rewards, or used as a Flamethrower type weapon instead, which causes Fires in front of it. The Skull's crystals have a limited charge to them. Once the charge is depleted, the Skull can no longer be used and fetches a much lower reward.
New Events[edit | edit source]
New Outpost Cosmetics[edit | edit source]
- Sails of the Ashen Winds - 49000 | Requires the "Hunter of the Ashen Winds" Commendation to unlock for purchase
- Grimm’s Bane Tattoo - 12150 | Requires the "Hunter of Captain Grimm" Commendation to unlock for purchase
- Chi’s Bane Tattoo - 12150 | Requires the "Hunter of Warden Chi" Commendation to unlock for purchase
- Ruth’s Bane Tattoo - 12150 | Requires the "Hunter of Red Ruth" Commendation to unlock for purchase
- Horatio’s Bane Tattoo - 12150 | Requires the "Hunter of Old Horatio" Commendation to unlock for purchase
New Black Market Cosmetics[edit | edit source]
Duke is holed up at the tavern waiting for the chaos on the Sea of Thieves to blow over, but he hasn’t forgotten to source some new wares in exchange for pirates’ hard-earned gold and Doubloons…
Desirables for Doubloons[edit | edit source]
This month, players will have to put aside 140 Doubloons if they want to buy all the new items from the Black Market.
Fearless Bone Crusher Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Fearless Bone Crusher Bucket - 10 | Take bites out of the bilge with a shark-jaw bucket.
- Fearless Bone Crusher Compass - 15 | Maybe these old bones will help you find your way home.
- Fearless Bone Crusher Fishing Rod - 40 | This rod is made from stiff bone and there's really nothing funny about that at all.
- Fearless Bone Crusher Lantern - 10 | A lantern for the truly macabre, this will light your way in the eeriest fashion.
- Fearless Bone Crusher Pocket Watch - 15 | Tells the time, while also serving a grim reminder that time is running out.
- Fearless Bone Crusher Shovel - 10 | What better than a skeleton for digging in the earth?
- Fearless Bone Crusher Speaking Trumpet - 10 | If your crew won't listen, tell them this trumpet is decorated with the bones of the last crew.
- Fearless Bone Crusher Spyglass - 20 | See what's coming, unlike the previous owner of these bones.
- Fearless Bone Crusher Tankard - 10 | Drink from the skull of your enemy? As classic as it is unhygienic.
Goodies for Gold[edit | edit source]
This month, players will have to put aside 120,840 Gold to buy everything new from the Black Market.
Nightshine Parrot Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Nightshine Parrot Bucket - 12825 | Parrots can learn whole phrases, including 'But it was my turn to bail yesterday!'.
- Nightshine Parrot Compass - 18900 | Always points you towards crackers.
- Nightshine Parrot Fishing Rod - 43200 | Why should the fish be the most colourful ones at the waterfront?
- Nightshine Parrot Lantern - 12825 | When you look this amazing, it pays to bring your own lighting!
- Nightshine Parrot Pocket Watch - 18900 | Feels like it's party time, all the time.
- Nightshine Parrot Shovel - 12490 | You can dig through the dirt and still look bright and snazzy, thanks to this shovel.
- Nightshine Parrot Speaking Trumpet - 15525 | Be wary, you may feel the compulsion to say things twice through this trumpet.
- Nightshine Parrot Spyglass - 25650 | If you're a keen bird watcher, this feathery spyglass will help you stay hidden.
- Nightshine Parrot Tankard - 6075 | A bright and colourful tankard helps to hide all the vomit stains.
New Emporium Items[edit | edit source]
Counting Bundles, players will have to put aside a total of 3,942 Ancient Coins to purchase everything new added to the Emporium this month.
Pets[edit | edit source]
New Collector’s Pets[edit | edit source]
These pets were afflicted by the Ashen Curse, so we suggest fireproofing their favourite perches.
- Ashen Curse Marmoset - 649 | A magical fire burns within this Marmoset, but it's still cursed with cuteness too.
- Ashen Curse Macaw - 649 | Touched by the fires of The Devil's Roar, this Macaw definitely has the brightest crest.
- Ashen Curse Ragamuffin - 649 | Nobody wants their cat to shed, but even more so when the cat is all ash and bone beneath.
New Pet Outfits[edit | edit source]
Kraken Outfits for Cats[edit | edit source]
- Wildcat Kraken Outfit - 249 | Now your Wildcat can match your style when you're out for Kraken blood!
- Mau Kraken Outfit - 249 | Now that's a Mau that has tussled with a tentacle before!
- Ragamuffin Kraken Outfit - 249 | Your Ragamuffin looks every inch the monster slayer in this rugged outfit.
Bundles[edit | edit source]
This bundle includes a Mau cat and a Kraken outfit - this cat is not afraid of a little water!
For a bargain price, own there charming parrots and three proudly presented Admiral outfits!
- Total Bundle Cost - 1249
- Crimson Macaw
- Macaw Admiral Outfit
- Sun Kissed Parakeet
- Parakeet Admiral Outfit
- Cloudy Sky Cockatoo
- Cockatoo Admiral Outfit
For a bargain price, own three cute monkeys and three rugged but dashing Kraken outfits for them!
- Total Bundle Cost - 1249
- Cloudy Capuchin
- Capuchin Kraken Outfit
- Dark Ember Marmoset
- Marmoset Kraken Outfit
- Shadow Barbary
- Barbary Kraken Outfit
Pirates[edit | edit source]
- Heel Click Emote - 0 | Time-limited Price | Jump for joy and show a little extra style at the same time!
This bundle contains eight emotes based on the mannerisms of popular Sea of Thieves characters.
- Total Bundle Cost - 499 | Time-limited Price
- Mysteriously Casual Emote - 149 | As casually nonchalant as the Strangers themselves.
- Hoarding the Keys Emote - 149 | The pirate who has the keys has the power!
- Speaking to Souls Emote - 149 | Extract the secrets of the dead, or simply look impressive...
- Meticulous Merchant Emote - 149 | Keeping a list of all your cargo and deliveries is real fun.
- Shipwright Crafting Emote - 149 | Ships need a bit of hammering during construction, to make them behave.
- Sword Smithing Emote - 149 | The best weaponsmiths make swords they would be willing to use themselves.
- Duke’s Drinking Spot Emote - 149 | Just how Duke loves to settle in for a grog every morning.
- Duke’s Hiding Spot Emote - 149 | When Duke's feeling a little less sure of himself, he turns to his faithful pillar.
These six emotes show your pirate in conversation or relating an exciting tale to their crew!
- Total Bundle Cost - 749
- Bragging Story Emote - 149 | Now you can get into your stride and really impress your crew.
- Angry Story Emote - 149 | Go on, get it all off your chest with this angry rant.
- My Story Emote - 149 | Share your story with some idle chatter.
- Happy Story Emote - 149 | A pirate with a happy tale to share has probably just stolen something huge.
- Frantic Story Emote - 149 | This story is fraught with panic! Better pour a few grogs first.
- Sad Story Emote - 149 | Every pirate has a sad story now and then; after all, worse things happen at sea.
Commendations, Achievements & Titles[edit | edit source]
Ashen Winds Commendations[edit | edit source]
Bilge Rats Commendations: The Ashen Lords are Flameheart's most powerful pirates - dare you face them in combat?
- Hunter of Captain Grimm → Defeat Captain Grimm 5 times | +20 | Unlocks Grimm’s Bane Tattoo for purchase
- Hunter of Red Ruth → Defeat Red Ruth 5 times | +20 | Unlocks Ruth’s Bane Tattoo for purchase
- Hunter of Old Horatio → Defeat Old Horatio 5 times | +20 | Unlocks Horatio’s Bane Tattoo for purchase
- Hunter of Warden Chi → Defeat Warden Chi 5 times | +20 | Unlocks Chi’s Bane Tattoo for purchase
- Banisher of the Flame → Defeat 25 Ashen Lords | +30 | Unlocks Banisher of the Flame Title
- Hunter of the Ashen Winds → Sell 25 Ashen Winds Skulls | +30 | Unlocks the Sails of the Ashen Winds for purchase
- Skull of Fire → Sell a fully ignited Ashen Winds Skull | +5
- Ashen Bones → Set fire to 20 Skeletons with the Ashen Winds Skull | +5
- Captain of Ashen Bones → Set fire to 100 Skeletons with the Ashen Winds Skull | +10
- Warsmith of the Flame → Set fire to 10 Skeleton Ships with the Ashen Winds Skull | +20 | Unlocks the Warsmith of the Flame Title
Titles[edit | edit source]
The following are all the new Titles made available:
|Banisher of the Flame||Defeat 25 Ashen Lords (Banisher of the Flame Commendation).|
|Warsmith of the Flame||Set fire to 10 Skeleton Ships with the Ashen Winds Skull (Warsmith of the Flame Commendation).|
Achievements[edit | edit source]
New Achievements can be unlocked by progressing through the new in-game Commendations. A total of 40 gamerscore is available to earn from this update, and these achievements will remain in the game indefinitely.
- Hunter of Captain Grimm [10G]
- Hunter of Red Ruth [10G]
- Hunter of Old Horatio [10G]
- Hunter of Warden Chi [10G]