|Type||Bilge Rats Treasure|
Ashen Tomes are a type of Bilge Rats Treasure in Sea of Thieves. Ashen Tomes come in various versions and chapters, unlocking different types of Ashen Dragon Set Items for purchase when sold for the first time. All Ashen Tomes can be sold to the Bilge Rats at any Tavern for 10 Doubloons.
Where to Find[edit | edit source]
Ashen Chests can be found by:
- Dug up from an Ashen Guardian's dropped Ashen Guardian's Notes.
- 3 Ashen Chests are guaranteed to drop from the final Skeleton Captain's Ship of a Skeleton Fleet Encounter.
- Chance to be found among loot dropped by defeated Megalodons, Kraken, or Skeleton Ships.
- Two potential Ashen Chests can be received from finishing a Skeleton Fort. One is guaranteed to appear in the Fortress Vault, the other can be dug up as a part of the Ashen Guardian's Notes that drops from the Fort's second boss wave's Ashen Guardian.
- Guaranteed from an Ashen Chest Stash Voyage.
Ashen Keys can be found by:
- Defeating an Ashen Key Master (can appear either emergent on Island shorelines or as a part of a Skeleton Fort).
- Chance to catch with a Fishing Rod when fishing without Bait.
- Guaranteed from an Ashen Key Stash Voyage
Types of Ashen Tomes[edit | edit source]
When sold for the first time, each Ashen Tome unlocks a single Ashen Dragon Set item for purchase.
Tomes of Curses[edit | edit source]
The first set of Ashen Tomes released with The Seabound Soul.
Tomes of Power[edit | edit source]
The second set of Ashen Tomes released with Festival of Giving
Tomes of Fire[edit | edit source]
The third set of Ashen Tomes released with Legend of the Sea.
Tomes of Resurrection[edit | edit source]
The fourth and final set of Ashen Tomes released with the Crews of Rage (Content Update).
Notes[edit | edit source]
- All Ashen Tomes can be sold to the Bilge Rats at any Tavern for
- Ashen Tomes can be stored inside any Container Chests.
- Ashen Keys give off an Orange Glint from a distance.
- Ashen Chests give off a White Glint from a distance.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Tomes of Curses presumably read, "Cursed/Ashen Chest" in Skeleton Glyphs.
- The Tomes of Power read, "Flame Lord" in Skeleton Glyphs.
- The Tomes of Fire read, "Flame Heart" in Skeleton Glyphs.
- The Tomes of Resurrection read,"Resurrection" in Skeleton Glyphs.