An Ashen Chest is a type of a Container Chest in Sea of Thieves, which appears locked and must be unlocked using an Ashen Key. Ashen Chests are also a type of Bilge Rats Treasure that can be sold to the Bilge Rats both locked and unlocked for 5 Doubloons. Ashen Chests are always guaranteed to contain a certain type of Ashen Tome, which can also be sold to the Bilge Rats.
Where to Find[edit | edit source]
Ashen Chests can be found in the following ways:
- A reward of an Ashen Guardian's Notes Quest, dropped by Ashen Guardians.
- Chance to appear on any Skeleton Ship.
- Three Ashen Chests are always carried by the final Skeleton Captain's Ship of a Skeleton Fleet Encounter.
- Chance to drop from Megalodon or Kraken.
- A guaranteed reward for completing an Ashen Skeleton Fort.
- Guaranteed reward for an Ashen Chest Stash Voyage, bought from the Black Market for
Ashen Keys[edit | edit source]
The Ashen Keys that are required for opening these Chests can be found from these sources:
- Dropped by Ashen Key Master Skeleton Captains that patrol Islands or appear in a Skeleton Fort.
- Chance to be fished out with a Fishing Rod when not using any Bait.
Treasure Pool[edit | edit source]
Every Ashen Chest is found locked, hiding away 3 pieces of Treasure. An Ashen Chest has to be opened with an Ashen Key to uncover the Treasure inside. On its own, both open and locked Ashen Chests can be sold to the Bilge Rats in any Tavern for 5 Doubloons.
An opened Ashen Chest contains the following Treasure:
- A single guaranteed Ashen Tome
- 2 additional Items that can be the following:
Notes[edit | edit source]
Just as with other Container Chests, the following applies to Ashen Chests:
- An empty Ashen Chest can store up to three smaller Treasure Items, such as Artefacts, Bounty Skulls, Mermaid Gems, Keys, Treacherous Plunder, small Bilge Rats Treasure or Quest Items.
- An Ashen Chest hides the glow and quells the sounds of the Treasure Items inside, however the Chest itself can be seen from far away by a white glint typical to Treasure Chests.
- Container Chests are usually used to transport three smaller Treasure Items at one time to save time on turning in.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Skeleton Glyphs on the Chest read as Flame and Resurrection
Pirate Chat Wheel[edit | edit source]
Here is the Pirate Chat Wheel for the Ashen Chest: