Where to Find?[edit | edit source]
Animal Crates are provided by any Merchant Alliance Trading Company Representatives at Outposts when Crews have an active Merchant Voyage that require the capture of Animals. The appropriate kind and number of Crates are relevant to the Animals listed on the Trade Good Ledger accessed from the Map Radial Menu.
Single Animal Crates can also be found either beached or hidden on Islands.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
An Animal Crate has no value on its own and cannot be sold back to the Merchant Alliance empty. The Crates are only valuable when carrying Animals. Player Crews will have to travel to Islands that spawn Animals (Large Islands spawn two types of Animals, Small Islands spawn just one) and manually capture these Animals inside the appropriate Crates.
A Player Pirate can capture an Animal, if they are holding the appropriate Animal Crate and are next to the Animal in question. A prompt will appear, indicating that the Animal can be captured inside the Crate. Once captured, the Animal can then be delivered back to any Merchant Alliance Representatives on Outposts and sold for Gold and Reputation. On their own, captured Animals are not worth much Gold and Reputation. However, if a Crew has acquired a Trade Good Commission that requests the delivery of a specific Animal to a specific Outpost in time, completing the Commission will reward players with 10 times as much Gold and Reputation for the specific Animals.
Types of Animal Crates[edit | edit source]
- Chicken Coop - Used for Capturing any of the four types of Chicken. Chickens are the easiest to deliver.
- Pig Crate - Used for Capturing any of the four types of Pig. Note that Pigs need to be periodically fed Fruit, or they will starve and die.
- Snake Basket - Used for Capturing any of the four types of Snake. Snakes will bite and Poison the player, but they can be tamed for a short while by playing Instruments
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Animals can die inside Crates. Try to keep them safe from sources of damage like Cannonball fire, Fire, Weapons or even Poison from adjacent captured Snakes.
- When Animals die in a Crate, they leave behind uncooked Meat on the floor of the Crate (or Burnt or Cooked Meat when killed by fire).
- There is currently a bug in the game, which allows players to turn in Trade Good Commissions to virtually any Outpost for increased Gold, not just the Outpost marked on the Ledger. This can be used to sell an unlimited amount of a specific Animal, provided that Players have the Crates to capture the Animals.