|Release Date||July 19th, 2018|
|← 1.1.6||1.1.8 →|
Message from Rare Ltd.
We're in the final week of the latest Bilge Rat Adventure – The Sunken Curse! It's your last chance to get all the Doubloons available if you want to ensure you have all the time-limited cosmetics in your inventory before they disappear from the shops. The Commendations and Titles will still be available after the event ends, but the time-limited cosmetics and Doubloons will no longer be up for grabs.
Patch 1.1.7 brings bug fixes and performance improvements, along with extended lore around the story of Merry Merrick. You may notice the Pennant flags no longer change when you raise a Ship flag... this may be a hint to an exciting change on the horizon.
Many long-time wanderers on the Sea of Thieves will remember Salty, one of the first entrepreneurs to set up shop at an Outpost. He informs the Pirate Times that after many months spent seeking a 'killer' item to sell, he's found something special that will surprise new and old customers alike. Salty even has a new business partner, but is keeping details quiet until it's time to make a splash."
Updates[edit | edit source]
- Merry Merrick - More of Merrick's lore books can be found. This time Merrick recounts the stories from during The Hungering Deep, as well as immortalising his son Derrick in a new family portrait!
- Pennant Flags - When raising a ship flag, the accompanying Pennants will no longer be equipped. Pennant flags are returning to the Sea of Thieves very soon, with a new and improved purpose!
Performance Improvements[edit | edit source]
- Improved connection stability to resolve the infrequent Alabasterbeard errors.
- Multiple server and client crash fixes.
Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.
Fixed Issues[edit | edit source]
- Changes to pirate appearance (such as hair colour / scars) have been reverted to their initial selection.
- Messages in Bottles will no longer spawn on top of one another.
- The correct animation now appears when repairing holes in a ship.
- Textures of the Sea Dog Jacket now appear as intended.
- Caged Pigs and Chickens no longer get the cannonball impact decal applied to them if dropped on to one
- Players can no longer drop crates behind the clothing and equipment chest on the Sloop.
- It is no longer possible to clip through the Kraken tentacle when it is wrapped around a ship.
- Cursed Mermaid Statues have been increased to match the intended model scale.
- Viewing textures on Plunder Valley from long distances no longer displays gaps in the terrain.
- It is no longer possible to get permanently stuck in the half submerged ship on Plunder Valley .
- Athena's Fortune Bounty Quests are no longer incorrectly blank.
- The Legendary Gunpowder Title has been removed from the Bilge Rat progression UI due to it incorrectly tracking progress. The Title is currently available to players through the Bilge Rat shop once all 3 Legendary Gunpowder Skeleton Commendations have been completed.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
- The Gunpowder Plot Commendation and its Legendary Commendation counterpart may not unlock.
- The Hungering Deep rewards were not received by a number of players who earned them.
We are investigating a resolution for this and will share information when available.
- Some Skeleton Thrones Titles were not correctly awarded to players who completed the required Commendations.
- Some players travel in an unintended direction when fired from a cannon.
- Some players may continue to hear muffled sound after being fired from a cannon.
We have reports that being fired out of a cannon again clears the muffled sound.
- The UI and pirates in the 'Select Your Pirate' carousel may not be visible for some players.
We have reports that the UI and pirates become visible after a few minutes.
- Pirates created between Patch 1.1.6 and 1.1.7 may experience a change in their hair colour.
Download and Installation[edit | edit source]
- Xbox One: 700MB
- Xbox One X: 700MB
- Windows 10: 1.46GB